Would you trade in the Sport for the Big Bronco? Why or why not??

PaulOinMA

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BS, '22 FE, '04 Audi TT, '66 Austin Moke
agreed! But the 24 is sooo outdated compare against the completion - will be good to see the 25 Timberland.
That's a contributing factor against the very low miles Edge ST my salesman had me test drive when the Escape I ordered was delivered. Aged platform with just refreshes.

Reactions: MJE

freqnc

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Yes because normal size seats and removable top.
No because rough ride in the city, no lane centering.

Tawnygal

First Edition
First Name
TK
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tonyadoughty.net
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport FE, 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Just a general question, I love the look of the Big Bronco and like to ride higher up and feel a bit safer in. Bigger vehicle. If you’ve ever been in one they really arent much roomier inside than the Sport. I wonder of prices will drop a bit next year.
We have one of each and I love them both for different reasons. My Sport is a First Edition, I don't want to give it up for sure, but if I HAD to make the tough decision to keep only one, I would keep the full-size. Only because, for my purposes, it has the extra edge of being better off road. And the Sport still does great there, but the body on frame vs. unibody construction edges it forward. And the extra interior size, although to be honest, it's not as big inside as the outside makes it look.

We were exceptionally lucky to get these right as they became available and ordered directly from Ford, so we paid MSRP for both. No dealer markup and no in-demand price hikes. We also had a Raptor to trade in on the full-size, so that made it much more reasonable.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
Yes because normal size seats and removable top.
No because rough ride in the city, no lane centering.
Why do you think the ride is rough in the city? I have a 2 door with Sasquatch and Badlands Sport. I can't say the ride is rougher in the 2 door. Maybe they had the air pressure in the tires up too high. Mine rides nice and soft IMHO. Now, it ain't no sports car so 50 mph around the roundabout is a bit rough!

OP
OP
S Duncan

S Duncan

Outer Banks
First Name
Duncan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
We have one of each and I love them both for different reasons. My Sport is a First Edition, I don't want to give it up for sure, but if I HAD to make the tough decision to keep only one, I would keep the full-size. Only because, for my purposes, it has the extra edge of being better off road. And the Sport still does great there, but the body on frame vs. unibody construction edges it forward. And the extra interior size, although to be honest, it's not as big inside as the outside makes it look.

We were exceptionally lucky to get these right as they became available and ordered directly from Ford, so we paid MSRP for both. No dealer markup and no in-demand price hikes. We also had a Raptor to trade in on the full-size, so that made it much more reasonable.
Makes sense, yeah I was surprised they aren't much bigger, my son test drove it. They just look nice! If I ever find a good deal on one I might trade.

OP
OP
S Duncan

S Duncan

Outer Banks
First Name
Duncan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
For soft roading that’s really all you’d need. So far it’s not on deck for the 25 refresh, but I can’t see that they won’t do it again for 26.

OP
OP
S Duncan

S Duncan

Outer Banks
First Name
Duncan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Why do you think the ride is rough in the city? I have a 2 door with Sasquatch and Badlands Sport. I can't say the ride is rougher in the 2 door. Maybe they had the air pressure in the tires up too high. Mine rides nice and soft IMHO. Now, it ain't no sports car so 50 mph around the roundabout is a bit rough!
Oh yeah the seats could be a bit plusher although I took it on a road trip and I even road in the back seat part of the way and it was more comfortable then I expected.

OP
OP
S Duncan

S Duncan

Outer Banks
First Name
Duncan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
If I had to trade in my Bronco Sport. No way would I trade it in for a Big Bronco. After all the issues I’ve had with this car I wouldn’t take another gamble. I’d trade it in for a Jeep Gladiator instead with the tried and true pentastar v6 w/zf8 transmission now that they are on massive discounts. I have a 2019 Ram 1500 5.7 w/zf8 that I bought brand new when the new styling dropped and have had absolutely zero issues with.
Good to know.Thanks.

OP
OP
S Duncan

S Duncan

Outer Banks
First Name
Duncan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
That is a valid reason. I don’t think i’d mind it, i’m not a convertible type person but we have a cabin up in the mountains and I could see myself using it out there in summertime. Definitely dont care for the ragtop though.

Cjdicesare

Outer Banks
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Outer Banks and Lincoln MKC
This was an interesting question. I gave it some thought and I would say no I wouldn’t switch to a big bronco, but I would switch to a 4x4 tremor maverick. Naturally they are impossible to find and wait times are unimaginable but when they are in the lot I can see grabbing one. Until then, I’ll probably stick with bronco sports.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
This was an interesting question. I gave it some thought and I would say no I wouldn’t switch to a big bronco, but I would switch to a 4x4 tremor maverick. Naturally they are impossible to find and wait times are unimaginable but when they are in the lot I can see grabbing one. Until then, I’ll probably stick with bronco sports.
Autotrader.com currently shows 216 new Maverick Lariats with Tremor package nationwide.

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/new-cars/ford/maverick/lariat/chicago-il?newSearch=true&packageName=Tremor Off-Road Package&searchRadius=0&zip=60601

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Or maybe I’m just hoping they do a Timberland for 26. I can’t see they wouldn’t. I liked the 20 I had & would have another. Of course an ST would be nice too…