Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Yet more proof of how capable Ford's Intelligent 4WD system is. No real off-road driving knowledge or skills required. It seems that even without using the specialty drive modes the vehicle is more competent than newbie drivers.

Last edited:

jason202

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Badlands, 2009 Volvo C30 T5
That's certainly a better result than they got with the new Dodge Hornet a couple of weeks ago! One of the tests really messed up or at the very least confused that car's electronics.

AmazingSieve

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
"These things are really underrated"...

I never thought I'd hear Tommy say that. When the car first came out all he could talk about is how its not the big Bronco and how its lacking true off-roader features and on and on and on and how he wouldn't pick one he'd go with another CUV.

Its like ya, its not supposed to be a big burly off-roader, you're missing the point of the car. To hear him say that, it sounds like they're coming around to the idea of a more capable CUV which the BroncoSport certainly is. Like the old saying, jack of all trades master of none, thats the BroncoSport and why I chose it as my only car, it can do nearly everything, no it won't be the best at any one thing but it can almost do it all.

Also no surprise to hear that Honda makes a good AWD system, which I am happy about. This segment of cars is seemingly trending so the more capable systems get, the more competition there is, the better things get and we're all better off down the road.

Goinbroke2

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco sport badlands
He missed the point that when rock crawl is engaged, it also modulates the throttle. This stops from spinning going up rough gravel, give it half throttle and instead of torquing up and then spitting the rock out, you only get 1/4 throttle and you ease up over the rocks. Sport mode is 1 to 1 with throttle pedal and throttle body, eco mode is deadened in throttle as well. There is way more to it than I've seen advertised or even acknowledged. My latest video showed the wife (in normal mode) comes up against a bigger rock and the front tire slips as well as the rear. Told her to lock it up, she put it in rock crawl and drove over the rock. Back to back test, spinning in normal and crawling in rock crawl. Yes, the locks work.

67L48

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350, 2023 BS BL
I'm irritated at Ford for leaving things out like power liftgate, heated rear seats, etc., but this little XUV is an absolute beast. It'll be my wife's car and I'm delighted that she'll be in such a capable vehicle in the rural, snowy, dirt-road environment in which we live.

AmazingSieve

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
I'm irritated at Ford for leaving things out like power liftgate, heated rear seats, etc., but this little XUV is an absolute beast. It'll be my wife's car and I'm delighted that she'll be in such a capable vehicle in the rural, snowy, dirt-road environment in which we live.
Ford left out the power lift gate so you could put more stuff in the roof. Seems like a sensible choice.

67L48

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350, 2023 BS BL
Ford left out the power lift gate so you could put more stuff in the roof. Seems like a sensible choice.
Ford left out the power liftgate so they could save money. Seems like a poor choice.
Sponsored