wireman

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Just bought my 2021 Sport Badlands last week. Used vehicle, Iconic Silver. Badlands package, 360+, tow package, 235/65 Wildpeak tires, block heater, cargo mat and floor liners. Only 6980 miles with a in service date of 3/31/2021.

I wanted the 2.0 Liter motor, so it is the Badlands trim for me. It did come with the engine cover.

Some observations. I can't understand Ford's logic of using piano black exterior trim on an offroad vehicle.

Ride is comfortable and relatively quiet considering the tires. Highway mileage is pretty good using ECO mode. No off roading yet but it will be done in the future.

I do miss a few options I had on my previous vehicles. No memory seats, no Homelink, no power tailgate, and I guess no rain sensing wipers which I understand are only available on either the OB or BB trim. Don't understand that at all.

Just features I liked and got used to before. Now another learning curve with knobs and button placement, Sync 3 features and settings. Looking forward to driving and enjoying the Sport.

I'll have numerous posts with questions and opinions down the road.

Ford Bronco Sport NEW MEMBER 28

Ford Bronco Sport NEW MEMBER 29
Sponsored

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Just bought my 2021 Sport Badlands last week. Used vehicle, Iconic Silver. Badlands package, 360+, tow package, 235/65 Wildpeak tires, block heater, cargo mat and floor liners. Only 6980 miles with a in service date of 3/31/2021.

I wanted the 2.0 Liter motor, so it is the Badlands trim for me. It did come with the engine cover.

Some observations. I can't understand Ford's logic of using piano black exterior trim on an offroad vehicle.

Ride is comfortable and relatively quiet considering the tires. Highway mileage is pretty good using ECO mode. No off roading yet but it will be done in the future.

I do miss a few options I had on my previous vehicles. No memory seats, no Homelink, no power tailgate, and I guess no rain sensing wipers which I understand are only available on either the OB or BB trim. Don't understand that at all.

Just features I liked and got used to before. Now another learning curve with knobs and button placement, Sync 3 features and settings. Looking forward to driving and enjoying the Sport.

I'll have numerous posts with questions and opinions down the road.

Ford Bronco Sport NEW MEMBER 28

Ford Bronco Sport NEW MEMBER 29
It is a great little vehicle if you take it for what it is.
Piano trim...it is offroad capable, most will never leave paved dirt so Ford played the odds with appearance over substance. Remove them and spray matte black or maybe coat them with vinyl film.
And bear with me, the irony, piano trim on a 4x4 is "odd" but you long for suburban assault vehicle creature comforts like memory seats, latte dispenser, and vibrating memory foam seats. (I'm being a sarcastic ass and attempting some humor) point being...Ford struck an economical balance between function and finish. Hope you enjoy the ride and bought it for what it is...not what it "should be".

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
Hope you enjoy the ride. It’s a great little vehicle.

OP
OP
wireman

wireman

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
It is a great little vehicle if you take it for what it is.
Piano trim...it is offroad capable, most will never leave paved dirt so Ford played the odds with appearance over substance. Remove them and spray matte black or maybe coat them with vinyl film.
And bear with me, the irony, piano trim on a 4x4 is "odd" but you long for suburban assault vehicle creature comforts like memory seats, latte dispenser, and vibrating memory foam seats. (I'm being a sarcastic ass and attempting some humor) point being...Ford struck an economical balance between function and finish. Hope you enjoy the ride and bought it for what it is...not what it "should be".
10-4. I knew what I was getting for sure. I do a lot of research before buying anything and I know compromise is always in the cards. I'll adjust and drive and enjoy it.

I've owned 40+ vehicles from Corvettes to Chevy station wagons, RV's, dune buggies and sand rails. Senior years have a way of making you appreciate creature comforts though.

I'm good with the Badlands and maybe some small mod's in the future.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
It got that grey roof option too.

Outback Texan

Badlands
First Name
MIke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Hello Wireman, and welcome to the club.

Discount Tire

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
discountti.re
Vehicle(s)
All Things FORD
Hello @wireman

Congrats on the new ride, we appreciate you sharing a photo of it with your introduction,

Looking forward to seeing what you add to it in the future, hope you enjoy all the benefits on the site and stick around!

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
10-4. I knew what I was getting for sure. I do a lot of research before buying anything and I know compromise is always in the cards. I'll adjust and drive and enjoy it.

I've owned 40+ vehicles from Corvettes to Chevy station wagons, RV's, dune buggies and sand rails. Senior years have a way of making you appreciate creature comforts though.

I'm good with the Badlands and maybe some small mod's in the future.
and make no mistake, I truly respect your concerns and wants, I just try to keep my own perspective, I got what I paid for. It's a great little SUV. I can say there are a lot of cool things available, but to me that's what an escape or explorer are designed for. The Jeep Wrangler is a bare bones off road ready machine. The sport was planned with the same intention to get dirty and have fun. It has JUST enough street etiquette and all the down and dirty capability most need at this price point. Meant no disrespect or slight of your wish list...I tend to project a bit loud and obnoxious.

Bill G

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport Badlands, 66 Tiger
Welcome to the "club". I think the BS is the way to go for us old guys -- I wanted a "big" one, but realized I probably couldn't get in or out more than once a day without help.
Check back posts on this forum and you'll find ways to get many of the "features" you're missing -- know there's a work around for the home-link thing. Have fun!

OP
OP
wireman

wireman

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
and make no mistake, I truly respect your concerns and wants, I just try to keep my own perspective, I got what I paid for. It's a great little SUV. I can say there are a lot of cool things available, but to me that's what an escape or explorer are designed for. The Jeep Wrangler is a bare bones off road ready machine. The sport was planned with the same intention to get dirty and have fun. It has JUST enough street etiquette and all the down and dirty capability most need at this price point. Meant no disrespect or slight of your wish list...I tend to project a bit loud and obnoxious.
No problem with your opinion at all. My intent was to offer my opinion on what I hoped a top trim level B.S. would have. I've owned 3 Escape's and I kind of compare my Titanium trim level's to the Badlands trim. Basically, the same vehicles with different intensions.

I know they've added a few features in the 2022 and 2023 models but wanting to keep my purchase price down, a 2021 was the best option.

No crazy offroading is in the cards but some good fun will be had.

Absolutely no regrets with my purchase.

ScareCrow

Badlands
First Name
Burl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS/Badlands