WildFord

WildFord

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BS BL
This certainly can be an option
I think I found some 12v switched based on this. Maybe the mount has to be adjustable so if the car is stopped in a steep pitch it will still function properly

Thanks!
Sponsored

Mrmike

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 OBX, '20 Ecosport, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i
Sounds like another fun project. It goes along with illuminated cup holders and Tectito side marker lights.

OP
OP
WildFord

WildFord

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BS BL
Let there be LIGHT!
Ford Bronco Sport Glove box light? 1667611861090

Ford Bronco Sport Glove box light? 1667611898689

this is the tilt switch
Ford Bronco Sport Glove box light? 1667611925327

Power comes from fuse tap and go through the tilt switch to light the little LED strip.

Unfortunately, the tilt switch is reverse of what I need so I have to bend the mounting piece about 90 degree and taped onto back of the glove box.

it works, it will turn on when I open the glove box. If I'd do it again, I'd search for other tilt switch where vertical is off (when the box closes the back of the box wall is more vertical).

oh yeah, you see my temporary backup flash light in there as well :)

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
Just an idea, but did anyone try to fit an actual Ford part from another vehicle in? Does the Escape or Maverick have one? If so, good chance it would fit. Here's some others that have an all in one lamp and assembly with a push switch to cut power when it closes. Has to be a way to mod it in.
Ford Bronco Sport Glove box light? Capture2.JPG

Robins21

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport, 05 F150, 99 Explorer, 69 Stang

OP
OP
WildFord

WildFord

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BS BL
love to see everyone to give a different method a try. I think a car these days should all have a light in that compartment. I mean..we do have a very useful bright light at the rear hatch. pure functional.

Flash

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I wonder how often the light would come on while you were driving around because something in the glove box was moving during braking/acceleration/cornering.
The lights in question are PIR (passive infrared) activated. This means it has to detect both movement and heat and while movement could happen, heat wouldn't.

https://www.arrow.com/en/research-and-events/articles/understanding-active-and-passive-infrared-sensors#:~:text=How Do PIR Sensors Work,), the sensor will engage.

How Do PIR Sensors Work?
Passive infrared (PIR) sensors use a pair of pyroelectric sensors to detect heat energy in the surrounding environment. These two sensors sit beside each other, and when the signal differential between the two sensors changes (if a person enters the room, for example), the sensor will engage.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Just an idea, but did anyone try to fit an actual Ford part from another vehicle in? Does the Escape or Maverick have one? If so, good chance it would fit. Here's some others that have an all in one lamp and assembly with a push switch to cut power when it closes. Has to be a way to mod it in.
Can you post a link to the site you copied this image from?

Barry S.

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I was looking into something similar with a momentary switch. Looking at the glove compartment I don’t think we can have a switch that is too high off the surface. There is seems to be something behind the surface of the face of the compartment not sure I can mount there. I also haven’t have the time to investigate more…. I’m curious to see what u will do more diggin’ literally.

one thing tho, I’m thinking of just get a interior light kit and splice into this switch for a short strip of LED. That way I make one connection to the fuse and maybe light up a few other places like under seat. I don’t won’t very bright lights just a dim faint blue or red.
Ain't got nuttin' in the glove compartment that needs searching for. In an extreme emergency I have a tac light flashlight at the ready.🙄

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
Ain't got nuttin' in the glove compartment that needs searching for. In an extreme emergency I have a tac light flashlight at the ready.🙄
I mean, cop asks for license and registration at 10:30pm. One guy opens the glove box and a light pops on to find the paper. The other guy reaches under the seat to pull out a black Maglite.

's fine if you don't want a light, but clearly light > no light. Why roll eyes at people that want the upgrade?

Barry S.

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I mean, cop asks for license and registration at 10:30pm. One guy opens the glove box and a light pops on to find the paper. The other guy reaches under the seat to pull out a black Maglite.

's fine if you don't want a light, but clearly light > no light. Why roll eyes at people that want the upgrade?
Sorry if I made a poor attempt at humor. I actually keep my license in my wallet and my registration in the overhead sunglass holder. As a Concealed Carry Instructor, we advise our students not to reach for anything as an officer approaches the car. Just keep your hands on the wheel. If asked for license and registration, advise him where they are and ask if it's alright to reach for them. He will appreciate the courtesy since night stops are extremely dangerous from an officer's perspective. Also, if it's after dark, turn on your dome light as he approaches the car. It will also help set him more at ease if he can see into the car.

Mrmike

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 OBX, '20 Ecosport, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i
The '19 Edge Titanium I drive and my wife's '20 Ecosport Titanium both have factory glove box lights. I changed both bulbs to LEDS.

LazyDirtFarmer

Big Bend
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport, 2014 Escape, 2022 Tri Glide
I promised to update when I installed the Glovebox Pin Switch and LED in my earlier post... Well, I got lazy and then winter came so I never did install the parts according to "My Plan" 😞 I guess I just wasn't in a rush to drill holes in my new BS just yet.

Instead, I ran across these little wireless rechargeable magnetic LEDs on Amazon. They have magnets and metal plates to stick 'em wherever... One slight tap in the center = ON; You can choose the color (one of seven) and turn it off (hold for 3 seconds) and it will be the same color when you turn it on again. I put them in the glovebox, center dash and console storage areas. Can't comment on how long they last... just got 'em. But, they'll only be on occasionally. Only con: They don't dim and are pretty bright. I like setting them to red in the dash wells; Looks cool and doesn't mess with night vision.

Anybody need some Pin Switches and a 12v LED? 😁

Ford Bronco Sport Glove box light? 20221229_185913

OP
OP
WildFord

WildFord

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BS BL
I promised to update when I installed the Glovebox Pin Switch and LED in my earlier post... Well, I got lazy and then winter came so I never did install the parts according to "My Plan" 😞 I guess I just wasn't in a rush to drill holes in my new BS just yet.

Instead, I ran across these little wireless rechargeable magnetic LEDs on Amazon. They have magnets and metal plates to stick 'em wherever... One slight tap in the center = ON; You can choose the color (one of seven) and turn it off (hold for 3 seconds) and it will be the same color when you turn it on again. I put them in the glovebox, center dash and console storage areas. Can't comment on how long they last... just got 'em. But, they'll only be on occasionally. Only con: They don't dim and are pretty bright. I like setting them to red in the dash wells; Looks cool and doesn't mess with night vision.

Anybody need some Pin Switches and a 12v LED? 😁

Ford Bronco Sport Glove box light? 20221229_185913
not bad...just curious, how long will the battery last? I didn't see that info from Amazon. I'd prefer just tap to turn on/off. 3 seconds hold to turn off seems a little long.

I like the setup you put into that storage slot under the infotainment screen.
Sponsored