Glove box light?

WildFord

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BS BL
Does the OBX trim has these? BL doesn’t seems to have it at least not mine.

finally on a longer road trip and it would be nice to have a dim light in that compartment. Yes, I can always turn on the dome light to see everything. But it would be nice I can add one.

I did some search and I don’t see any interior lighting kit includes a glove box light. I was hoping if I was going to connect an additional lighting to the fuse box, these small LED kit could include several lights.

I would appreciate if anyone has info you can share

oh yeah, I’d say the cup holder lights are not just for ambience… it’d be nice to have as well.
Sponsored

LazyDirtFarmer

Big Bend
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport, 2014 Escape, 2022 Tri Glide
I was thinking the same thing... It'd be nice to have a light in the glovebox. I saw a lot of ambient light kits on Amazon, but nothing specifically for the glovebox. I was thinking about custom wiring some Flush Mount 12V LEDs in there. But, it's not on my priority list. I'll post if I ever do it. I'm hoping someone finds an easier way.

Barry S.

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Does the OBX trim has these? BL doesn’t seems to have it at least not mine.

finally on a longer road trip and it would be nice to have a dim light in that compartment. Yes, I can always turn on the dome light to see everything. But it would be nice I can add one.

I did some search and I don’t see any interior lighting kit includes a glove box light. I was hoping if I was going to connect an additional lighting to the fuse box, these small LED kit could include several lights.

I would appreciate if anyone has info you can share

oh yeah, I’d say the cup holder lights are not just for ambience… it’d be nice to have as well.
Easiest solution. Keep a little flashlight in the armrest.

Mrmike

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 OBX, '20 Ecosport, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i
This sounds like another fun project to tackle! Even my wife's Ecosport has a glove box light.

OP
OP
WildFord

WildFord

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BS BL

Major Kong

Base
First Name
Major
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport aka "Spark Plug"
I was thinking the same thing... It'd be nice to have a light in the glovebox. I saw a lot of ambient light kits on Amazon, but nothing specifically for the glovebox. I was thinking about custom wiring some Flush Mount 12V LEDs in there. But, it's not on my priority list. I'll post if I ever do it. I'm hoping someone finds an easier way.
*bookmarked*

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition

cgparsons1983

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
I wonder how often the light would come on while you were driving around because something in the glove box was moving during braking/acceleration/cornering.
I had the same thought, but you could always get one that uses a switch instead of motion activation.

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
I had the same thought, but you could always get one that uses a switch instead of motion activation.
At that point, you should just have a flashlight in the glove box.

Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport
I want to add the small led light that would shine down onto the cupholders that I had in my 2015 Impala.

LazyDirtFarmer

Big Bend
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OK, here's my plan... Didn't need all the travel on the Pin Switch, so I used a jewelers screwdriver to open up the lug and reposition it (on the left); A stock one is on the right; I'll snip the excess off when I put it in, may have to adjust. Can't wait to install it, but it may have to... Going out-of-country next week :sunglasses: and lots of stuff to do... we'll see.

Ford Bronco Sport Glove box light? Screenshot 2022-10-11 221417

Ford Bronco Sport Glove box light? 20221011_155636

OP
OP
WildFord

WildFord

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BS BL
OK, here's my plan... Didn't need all the travel on the Pin Switch, so I used a jewelers screwdriver to open up the lug and reposition it (on the left); A stock one is on the right; I'll snip the excess off when I put it in, may have to adjust. Can't wait to install it, but it may have to... Going out-of-country next week :sunglasses: and lots of stuff to do... we'll see.

Ford Bronco Sport Glove box light? Screenshot 2022-10-11 221417

Ford Bronco Sport Glove box light? 20221011_155636
I was looking into something similar with a momentary switch. Looking at the glove compartment I don’t think we can have a switch that is too high off the surface. There is seems to be something behind the surface of the face of the compartment not sure I can mount there. I also haven’t have the time to investigate more…. I’m curious to see what u will do more diggin’ literally.

one thing tho, I’m thinking of just get a interior light kit and splice into this switch for a short strip of LED. That way I make one connection to the fuse and maybe light up a few other places like under seat. I don’t won’t very bright lights just a dim faint blue or red.

LazyDirtFarmer

Big Bend
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was looking into something similar with a momentary switch. Looking at the glove compartment I don’t think we can have a switch that is too high off the surface. There is seems to be something behind the surface of the face of the compartment not sure I can mount there. I also haven’t have the time to investigate more…. I’m curious to see what u will do more diggin’ literally.

one thing tho, I’m thinking of just get a interior light kit and splice into this switch for a short strip of LED. That way I make one connection to the fuse and maybe light up a few other places like under seat. I don’t won’t very bright lights just a dim faint blue or red.
I took a nut that was about the same thickness as a mounted Pin Switch when compressed, and taped it to the inside lip of the glovebox... The Glovebox closed, but took a little more force for it to latch. Moving the nut around to different spots seemed to make a difference, although slight. I'll revisit positioning when I have time to drill and install. I'm pretty sure I can live with having to push a little bit harder to close the glovebox in exchange for the convenience of a light... I like to keep a lot of stuff "handy" in there and it's a pretty cavernous glovebox... Like a black hole at night :)