Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
How much higher is the BL?
Higher as in ground clearance? My understanding is 1 inch suspension lift and 1/3 inch more with optional 235 tires.

Reggie_K

Badlands
First Name
Regina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Escape
All trims are 4WD capable, but I chose the BL for several reasons:
1) 4-cylinder turbo engine (just cannot wrap my mind around a 3-cyl)
2) Rides higher than the other trims
3) Two more GOAT modes and other extra off-road features
4) BL trim owners with the BL trims are the only ones invited to the Bronco Off-Roadeo events (unless they changed this policy)

Bonus: So far the BL has seemed to avoid any of the defect issues for the 3-cyl trims. Fingers Crossed!
I totally agree!

NMhunter

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Badlands
I wanted to be able to tow my utility trailer and want more ground clearance. My BL gets better mileage than any vehicle I've ever owned.

sajohnson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands ordered 12/17/2021 - Arrived 3/25/22
I drove a dealer demo OB before I ordered my Badlands. We were mainly concerned about interior space which is why we went and looked the OB over. Another dealer near by had Badlands sports dealer demos we could have gone there and test drove but figured why bother we know we will like it so went ahead ordered without driving the Badlands version.
We did the same back when we bought my wife's '97 RAV4 (which the Badlands replaced). We wanted a 5MT. Until the BL, all of our cars have been manuals, and the 5MT RAV came with a manually locking center diff (basically 4-wheel high range). We also wanted the Torsen rear. The only thing available locally was an automatic, so we test drove it to get an idea of interior space, ride, and handling.

That's the "AWD" RAV I've written about that was really one (1) wheel drive -- it would not move from the grass where the dealer parked it because the right front tire was spinning! In contrast, our 5MT RAV4 has never been stuck.

I've purchased 6 new cars over the years and I think the RAV is about the only test drive I've taken. I always read everything I could about a car before buying it, and I've never been surprised or disappointed.

My wife and I did sit in an OB before ordering the BL, but didn't drive it. She's 5'2" and her main concern was being able to get a comfortable driving position (it's really her car). She's been very happy with it.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
It makes a difference in terms of power, enjoyment and comfort (no vibration like with the 1.5, etc).
What vibration ?
My 1.5 doesn’t vibrate,
At all,
I’ve climbed some pretty steep stuff and my lowly 1.5 has yet to protest.
Sponsored