bjbena

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL. EcoSport SES
And someone would want to do this why? :cool:
Sport mode I would understand. ECO mode as standard?
I for one. My commute is in town and I always shift to Eco mode as it nets me the most mpg. To me, sport does not do much. The shifts are too aggressive for my commute and the ridiculous fake engine noise is annoying.

I also believe there are a few people on this board who have asked if it can be done.
https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/auto-eco-mode.6496/
https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/how-much-of-a-difference-does-eco-mode-make.5356/

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
I get it. I just leave mine in normal unless in heavier traffic where I would want Sport. No need or use for ECO mode. Way too sluggish and I don’t have the patience for it. Very little chance for me to take a leisurely drive.
This seems somewhat like how can I disable the auto engine off. There’s a switch for doing just that. Same for what goat you want to use.

I guess there must not be a way to do it via Forscan?

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I for one. My commute is in town and I always shift to Eco mode as it nets me the most mpg. To me, sport does not do much. The shifts are too aggressive for my commute and the ridiculous fake engine noise is annoying.

I also believe there are a few people on this board who have asked if it can be done.
https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/auto-eco-mode.6496/
https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/how-much-of-a-difference-does-eco-mode-make.5356/
You can see how much I must use Sport mode, never heard the fake motor sounds.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
If I drove most of my time in city/stop & go traffic this might be of interest to me. As it is, with the mix of city/highway driving that represents my driving habits my testing has demonstrated no benefit in using ECO mode.

That said, for those interested I wonder how this would work with Badlands models that use the rotary mode selector?

OP
OP
bjbena

bjbena

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL. EcoSport SES
If I drove most of my time in city/stop & go traffic this might be of interest to me. As it is, with the mix of city/highway driving that represents my driving habits my testing has demonstrated no benefit in using ECO mode.

That said, for those interested I wonder how this would work with Badlands models that use the rotary mode selector?
I totally agree. If most of your driving is highway use, you will not get any benefit as you will still sit mainly in 7th/8th gear. For us small-town city dwellers, Eco mode definitely helps a bit. By starting in second gear it helps with the jolt of typically coming off the line in 1st.

OP
OP
bjbena

bjbena

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL. EcoSport SES
I've never heard them either.
It's there and is a well-documented thing Ford does to some of their vehicles. I know for certain the Fusions with the 2.0L and 3.5L Ecoboost do it, the Focus ST (maybe the RS) does it, F-150, even the Mach-E does it.

Try it out! Turn off the radio and A/C, close your windows and mash the gas while in Normal. Then do it in Sport mode. Magically, the 4-pot sounds like well-tuned V8.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Ok, tell me this wise one, how do the others switch goat modes? I’ve only ever been in one which is mine! I assumed the all had rotary knobs.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's there and is a well-documented thing Ford does to some of their vehicles. I know for certain the Fusions with the 2.0L and 3.5L Ecoboost do it, the Focus ST (maybe the RS) does it, F-150, even the Mach-E does it.

Try it out! Turn off the radio and A/C, close your windows and mash the gas while in Normal. Then do it in Sport mode. Magically, the 4-pot sounds like well-tuned V8.
I’ll have to give it a try. I’m pretty much normal most of the time. I mean the Bronco! :cool:

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Ok, tell me this wise one, how do the others switch goat modes? I’ve only ever been in one which is mine! I assumed the all had rotary knobs.
Wise? I think not. Wiseass is more like it. :bandit: In the video it appears the Maverick he was working on used a pushbutton to switch modes. This is the way my wife's Escape is configured. My assumption was that only the Badlands used the rotary switch to select GOAT modes. I've never sat in a non-Badlands Bronco Sport.

Petroph

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FX4 F150
You can see how much I must use Sport mode, never heard the fake motor sounds.
Think this is something that plays through the speakers. No idea if it compensates or still plays over music or radio though. Never experienced a car making fake engine noises.
Sponsored