Karenax

Badlands
First Name
Karen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Does anyone know If you can make Eco mode the default? Each time I start the car, the default is “Normal” and I have to manually change it to Eco mode. Would rather start the car up in Eco. Thanks.
Sponsored

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
Cylinder de activation doesn’t happen at start up or idle for a reason. If it did you’d get a rough idle and it would switch out on moving from a stop giving you retarded acceleration. I cannot imagine trying to turn into traffic without my 1.5L being able to tap its full potential.
I think mine activates after 3 rd gear.
Only a firmware rewrite could do what you want.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
Does anyone know If you can make Eco mode the default? Each time I start the car, the default is “Normal” and I have to manually change it to Eco mode. Would rather start the car up in Eco. Thanks.
The only way would be to use Forscan, it’s not a user setting in the menus we have access to through the normal screens.

bjbena

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL. EcoSport SES
The only way would be to use Forscan, it’s not a user setting in the menus we have access to through the normal screens.
I played with Forscan on my older OB and I could not find anything, anywhere about having the car default in Eco mode.

RS1

Big Bend
First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Turning that knob to eco is as daunting as my “OH MY GOD, I have to hold the window button for 3 seconds to close it” rant😃 I jest. Must be some engineering reasoning behind it.