ScottyD

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
FInally got the chance to car camp with my OB! I have to say the Luno mattress is pretty comfortable. I'm 6'1" and didn't really feel cramped. I could sit up well enough. Only logistical issue was getting in and out of the car in the middle of the night. Additionally I know people have complained about the headlights coming on every time you open the door/hatch. However I discovered turning the headlight knob to off, they didn't come on, only the parking lights.

Ford Bronco Sport First trip car camping in Bronco Sport IMG_0972

Ford Bronco Sport First trip car camping in Bronco Sport IMG_0973
Sponsored

Last edited:

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Thoughts on cargo capacity? My first camping trip will be at the end of August, and need to either decide I have enough room inside or get a rack bought and installed by then.

OP
OP
ScottyD

ScottyD

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Thoughts on cargo capacity? My first camping trip will be at the end of August, and need to either decide I have enough room inside or get a rack bought and installed by then.
I do have a Rola roof rack that you can't see in the photo.

https://a.co/6rLbtRQ

I was packing for 4 people, so I had WAY more stuff in the car than just for me. So I had the seats folded down and the interior and the roof rack loaded. If it were just me, or just me and my wife I 100% think it would all fit in the vehicle no problem.

Of note: Hard to see in the photo is the battery powered fan with bendy legs i hooked to the "oh sh!t" handle. Which was very handy.

GoatsyBanks

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
FInally got the chance to car camp with my OB! I have to say the Lumo mattress is pretty comfortable. I'm 6'1" and didn't really feel cramped. I could sit up well enough. Only logistical issue was getting in and out of the car in the middle of the night. Additionally I know people have complained about the headlights coming on every time you open the door/hatch. However I discovered turning the headlight knob to off, they didn't come on, only the parking lights.
Where can I get that mattress!?

WildFord

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BS BL
Not just mattressā€¦. To fit in at 6-1, the front seat is alll the way forward. There is a gap between the fold down rear seat to the front seat. I think there is need for some support

There was an old thread on trunk dimensions discussing this. Some people have made a piece of plywood for another vehicle to provide that support. I supposed just some boxes will do by wedging into the gap.

Anyway, cool setup!

OP
OP
ScottyD

ScottyD

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Not just mattressā€¦. To fit in at 6-1, the front seat is alll the way forward. There is a gap between the fold down rear seat to the front seat. I think there is need for some support

There was an old thread on trunk dimensions discussing this. Some people have made a piece of plywood for another vehicle to provide that support. I supposed just some boxes will do by wedging into the gap.

Anyway, cool setup!
The Luno comes with inflatable cubes you put under the headrest portion so it's supported. And yes, the seats are ALL the way forward. LOL

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
FInally got the chance to car camp with my OB! I have to say the Luno mattress is pretty comfortable. I'm 6'1" and didn't really feel cramped. I could sit up well enough. Only logistical issue was getting in and out of the car in the middle of the night. Additionally I know people have complained about the headlights coming on every time you open the door/hatch. However I discovered turning the headlight knob to off, they didn't come on, only the parking lights.

Ford Bronco Sport First trip car camping in Bronco Sport IMG_0972

Ford Bronco Sport First trip car camping in Bronco Sport IMG_0973
That's awesome! Thank you for sharing these pictures.

Poolmanz Sport Bronco

First Edition
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sites.google.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Sport FE Area 51
This is awesome. Love the set-up. Besides the Ford official awnings.... I would like to find one that I can use (or adapt) on the FORD stock crossbars that came with my FE. I do not want to swap out crossbars (or have extra ones in storage) just for a 1x use out of the year kind of thing. Maybe there is another thread already about it. Any help?

OP
OP
ScottyD

ScottyD

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
This is awesome. Love the set-up. Besides the Ford official awnings.... I would like to find one that I can use (or adapt) on the FORD stock crossbars that came with my FE. I do not want to swap out crossbars (or have extra ones in storage) just for a 1x use out of the year kind of thing. Maybe there is another thread already about it. Any help?
Unfortunately no, I swapped out a couple different sets of crossbars to find ones that made the awning 6' 2" off the ground so I don't have to duck.

Molson

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Big Bend BS; '13 Subaru Impreza

I was packing for 4 people, so I had WAY more stuff in the car than just for me. So I had the seats folded down and the interior and the roof rack loaded. If it were just me, or just me and my wife I 100% think it would all fit in the vehicle no problem.

Of note: Hard to see in the photo is the battery powered fan with bendy legs i hooked to the "oh sh!t" handle. Which was very handy.
How many people were sleeping in the bronco? Iā€™ve looked at that mattress but thereā€™s no way my wife, my 5 year old and I would all fit on it.

OP
OP
ScottyD

ScottyD

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
How many people were sleeping in the bronco? Iā€™ve looked at that mattress but thereā€™s no way my wife, my 5 year old and I would all fit on it.
Just me, but my wife and i did hang out in there for a while together. It's cozy for sure, but we both fit no issue. Kids and wife slept in tents, so it was nice and quiet in there lol.

missOutsyder

Outer Banks
First Name
KT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport

Hi, can you give me a brief insight into packing onto your roof basket? Totes, bags, etc.
I am planning a car camping set up too, for my OB due to deliver in august and would like bike rack on the back so am looking at roof storage. Is it more beneficial for a basket rather than a roof box, do you think? Iā€™m new to all this - thank you!
Sponsored