hwildey

Big Bend
First Name
Herb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Crossbars. I bought the cheap OMAC ones on Amazon. The rack is a ROLA.
Nice. I have the yakima aero bars which are kinda high after the towers are put in. I will check it out. Thanks.
Sponsored

Greensweater

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I car camped for the first time on the shores of Lake Superior in Michigan's UP.

I am 5'10" and simply packed the seat cushion off my porch glider for padding, a pillow and sleeping bag. A little tight on leg room but there are work-arounds, for sure.

Thunderstorms rolled in at night and reaffirmed my decision to ditch the tent. I would've been washed away.

I did miss the privacy a tent provides despite a rather rustic and remote campground. Nothing beats a power nap after a long hike. I found the BL too stuffy and conspicuous for my favorite thing to do. 😴

JP0524

Outer Banks
First Name
Jonathon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS
FInally got the chance to car camp with my OB! I have to say the Luno mattress is pretty comfortable. I'm 6'1" and didn't really feel cramped. I could sit up well enough. Only logistical issue was getting in and out of the car in the middle of the night. Additionally I know people have complained about the headlights coming on every time you open the door/hatch. However I discovered turning the headlight knob to off, they didn't come on, only the parking lights.

Ford Bronco Sport First trip car camping in Bronco Sport IMG_0972

Ford Bronco Sport First trip car camping in Bronco Sport IMG_0973
Beautiful setup! Can I ask what you used for your side windows? Thanks

GaryS

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Curious, what do you do with your food, stove, etc etc when you are laid out for sleeping? That mattress takes up the whole rear cabin.

missOutsyder

Outer Banks
First Name
KT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Curious, what do you do with your food, stove, etc etc when you are laid out for sleeping? That mattress takes up the whole rear cabin.
I’m looking for others’ ideas and considerations in this area too. A roof basket or a hitch rack is what I’m thinking, however everywhere I would go in western Canada is bear country so I have to consider that too

OP
OP
ScottyD

ScottyD

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I left everything sitting outside. But if you have a roof rack you could put it there. Also, you can fold the mattress in half and put goods along the side if you don't mind a tight sleeping situation.

bscheife

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
For those of you with the mattresses: did ya'll do anything about the seats not folding 100% flat? Did it bother you? Thinking about getting a pair of these, but not sure what it'll be like with the rear seat backs being angled upward a bit the way they are when they're folded down

dakman

Big Bend
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
You can pull the lower seat out and it will lay flatter. I found I had to raise it about 4" to make it flat after pulling out the seat. I used 2 2x4's the width of the seat bottom, the top lays down on it. I never have anyone in the back so I pull the seat before a trip and it works just the same.

bscheife

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
You can pull the lower seat out and it will lay flatter. I found I had to raise it about 4" to make it flat after pulling out the seat. I used 2 2x4's the width of the seat bottom, the top lays down on it. I never have anyone in the back so I pull the seat before a trip and it works just the same.
smart!

WildFord

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BS BL
I wonder if this would work to fill in the space between 2nd row seat and front seat :
Ford Bronco Sport First trip car camping in Bronco Sport 1666154853194

that dimension of 54" is very similar to BS spec for rear hip room of 53.4". Not sure if it is high enough to support up to the lay down back seat not-so-flat portion.

The Lunolife mattress seems to come with something like this, but the Deepsleep one doesn't.
Sponsored