Premium package on the Badlands worth the price of admission?

Desert Bronco.

Badlands
First Name
Mitchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Schwinn Beach Cruiser,
I already have a 2022 Bronco Sport Badlands with cloth seats. On the last day before the price jump I ordered a new Bronco Sport with the premium package in Area 51 and the same options. How many owners regret not spending the extra $2,200 to get the premium package? Thoughts on selling the BS Badlands to get leather and premium package.

{ Iā€™m still undecided and would mostly get the premium package for the leather seats. The bang and Olufsen speakers, UGDO, rear parking sensors, leather wrapped heated steering wheel, etc are nice. I would upgrade to get the leather seats and to keep the resale value. At some point I was planning on getting a dog šŸ• in the future and he could hang out in the back seat or rear of the car? How many owners regret not spending the extra $2,200 to get the premium package. How many people regret not getting the Premium package in their badlands trim. If the price for the premium package was around $1,500 then I would have gone for it. Right now with my car payment and insurance Iā€™m close to $1,000 a month. In Russia and other parts of the world thatā€™s double the income of most people}
Sponsored

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I already have a 2022 Bronco Sport Badlands with cloth seats. On the last day before the price jump I ordered a new Bronco Sport with the premium package in Area 51 and the same options. How many owners regret not spending the extra $2,200 to get the premium package? Thoughts on selling the BS Badlands to get leather and premium package.

{ Iā€™m still undecided and would mostly get the premium package for the leather seats. The bang and Olufsen speakers, UGDO, rear parking sensors, leather wrapped heated steering wheel, etc are nice. I would upgrade to get the leather seats and to keep the resale value. At some point I was planning on getting a dog šŸ• in the future and he could hang out in the back seat or rear of the car? How many owners regret not spending the extra $2,200 to get the premium package. How many people regret not getting the Premium package in their badlands trim. If the price for the premium package was around $1,500 then I would have gone for it. Right now with my car payment and insurance Iā€™m close to $1,000 a month. In Russia and other parts of the world thatā€™s double the income of most people}
I directly did not choose premium, I did not want leather, I did not want sunroof, I did not need heated steering wheel or 360+. I'm pretty simple. I've had all of the above in various cars because they came that way off the lot. I didn't use them, I do not like leather seats. I do enjoy the heated cloth seats, they do all I need for 'comfort.' As i've preached... I like the fact the bronco is outdoor mode. Rubber flooring, rubber steering wheel has a nice feel and grip to it without fear of staining and mess. The cloth seats have held up nicely for the first year of use. I am 100% satisfied with the configuration I built...to that end...it's YOUR build. If you like those things and value the premium options, you already have your answer. Each custom order is just that. YOUR SUV.

AmazingSieve

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
I donā€™t regret getting it. The seats are comfortable along with the heated wrapped steering wheel and I havenā€™t heard the stock Sport audio system but Iā€™ve heard the BO system is a noticeable upgrade.

Along with the wireless charging pad and other features.

I forgot about the rear parking sensors and cross traffic alert system. The cross traffic alert system has helped me frequently when backing out at the store, 7/11 or even out of my driveway. I strongly recommend that.

BravoAlpha

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Expedition MAX Silverado Z71
I directly did not choose premium, I did not want leather, I did not want sunroof, I did not need heated steering wheel or 360+. I'm pretty simple. I've had all of the above in various cars because they came that way off the lot. I didn't use them, I do not like leather seats. I do enjoy the heated cloth seats, they do all I need for 'comfort.' As i've preached... I like the fact the bronco is outdoor mode. Rubber flooring, rubber steering wheel has a nice feel and grip to it without fear of staining and mess. The cloth seats have held up nicely for the first year of use. I am 100% satisfied with the configuration I built...to that end...it's YOUR build. If you like those things and value the premium options, you already have your answer. Each custom order is just that. YOUR SUV.
I did the same. I wanted the extra ground clearance and the 2.0

it has all the creature comforts I need. Sometimes less is more. To me, this was one of those times

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I donā€™t regret getting it. The seats are comfortable along with the heated wrapped steering wheel and I havenā€™t heard the stock Sport audio system but Iā€™ve heard the BO system is a noticeable upgrade.

Along with the wireless charging pad and other features.

I forgot about the rear parking sensors and cross traffic alert system. The cross traffic alert system has helped me frequently when backing out at the store, 7/11 or even out of my driveway. I strongly recommend that.
unless I misunderstand it. I believe the standard BL has the cross-traffic, crash avoidance, and rear backing sensors. Even backing into my driveway, I could be halfway up the drive and if a car pulls into the neighborhood it will go off alerting me to oncoming traffic. lIkewise backing out of a parking spot it senses oncoming cars heading down the aisle. I agree those things are helpful I just didn't find them necessary, and that's OK.

MaxVelocity

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
X2 @13MikeH. We didn't order the Premium package on purpose. The only thing we value would've been the heated steering wheel. We specifically avoid leather seats and I'm not much of an audiophile anymore - mostly podcasts. We had dual-zone climate on our Focus and never used it in 10 years. So the extra bells and whistles aren't worth it to us at that cost.

In fact, if the 2.0 was available on a Big Bend we probably would've gone that route.

(Note we do have cross-traffic alert.)

gcbroncosport

Outer Banks
First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Would've been happy with "waterproof" cloth seats actually but the creature comforts of wireless charging and other items are very nice (have Carplay, but always liked built-in navigation vs having to play w/ phone). Even the co-pilot + with the adaptive cruise is appreciated - never liked cruise control before and it was always an unused feature in previous cars - but the "adaptive" nature of the new systems make it much more useful now imho... Ultimately, all a personal choice.

SportWest

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport Badlands
I don't consider the Premium Package "essential" but I ordered it because of the profit I realized from selling my MY21 Big Bend and wanted to splurge. The main benefits:

* Interior color scheme looks pretty cool with most exterior colors;
* Improved steering wheel material;
* Stock sound system is pretty bad, and I say that as someone who is not an audiophile by any means;
* Might help resale value down the line

PonyDriver43

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang EB Premium, 13 F150 Lariat, 18 Tahoe
It's certainly not required, but if I were to swap my OB for a BL I would definitely order it.

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
I ordered the PP on my BL because I intend as I usually do, to keep the Sport for a decade, unlike my current vehicle. Cost over time is minimal, but I wanted about everything that comes with it. None of it is particularly necessary, all of it will make the car just a bit nicer.

Now having said that, Ms. Muttā€™s accommodations are moving up in the world again. In my old car (93 explorer) a towel over the back seat was more than enough for her. Current car, sheā€™s banished to the cargo area, as well thereā€™s nothing like a šŸ• to create a huge mess.

For the Sport now though, I plan to put these on. Bit of overkill cost wise vs. an Easily removable Amazon one, but they seem to look & fit great. All to cover up that beautiful leather lol. Still in my case, sheā€™ll be occupying the back seat once again most of the time while thereā€™s rarely more people in the car than just me.
https://www.levittownfordparts.com/sku/vm1pz-1863812-d.html
Ford Bronco Sport Premium package on the Badlands worth the price of admission? 1652215503023

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
Adaptive cruise is worth every penny of that. The other stuff is nice but not essential to me. Most of them have a better aftermarket option such as the wireless charger. Assuming you have a device that uses it, the mount is still there, just no charging pad. Buy a better aftermarket one and install it! I'm into the leather seats but I have to say the "Unique Cloth" ones are really, really nice.

You might find a way to profit $2,000 on the one you own already. Just be sure the new one is a locked in deal first.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
Yup, all personal choice. Those that wanted probably donā€™t regret getting it. Those that didnā€™t may or may not. The heated steering wheel would be nice a few times a year and the dual temp controls would be ok. Other than the door opener, nothing there that I really care that much about. But if I had them except for the seats, Iā€™d get over it. I solved that with Siri and as a back up bought a $15 dollar Kia mirror.
Sponsored