Premium package on the Badlands worth the price of admission?

sajohnson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands ordered 12/17/2021 - Arrived 3/25/22
I ordered my 21 Badlands in Alto blue and a hitch. My old GPS clips into the glasses holder in the overhead. I hate leather. The little pup has everything I need. Only wish it had a CD player as I don't own a magic phone.
I'm old school also -- give me CDs rather than downloads. At least with a CD you have something guaranteed permanent, not to mention any inserts in the case (some can be pretty cool). Then you can rip the CD to a drive and stash it away somewhere. I haven't kept up with prices but at one time the cost of CDs was about the same as downloading the entire album.

That said, you can get older model magic phones dirt cheap, even free. Many people have older phones that they aren't using. You might consider getting a phone and loading your music on it.

Or -- perhaps easier -- load your music onto a USB thumb drive. See owner's manual p.366.
Sponsored

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
I looked at the premium package and found nothing worth the time or the money.

OP
OP
Desert Bronco.

Desert Bronco.

Badlands
First Name
Mitchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Schwinn Beach Cruiser,
Had seat coolers in my last car, have to agree it was a nice feature. We only spend a month or so touching 90 so it's less relevant here.
I believe that the moonroof is no longer offered with the premium package in the badlands? Yes I could see the value in the PP with the sunroof, but without that at $2,200 extra is a bit of a stretch. As others have commented the B&O is not terrific and only a modest upgrade. Otherwise if the sound was Premium (package) then it would make more financial sense. Decent so-so leather, ok sound, backup sensor, UGDO…. I guess if the Premium package was really high end it would cost $3,500 - $5,500 and then most Ford buyers would balk at the upgrade? 🤷‍♂️

I would sooner pay $800-$1,200 for a “convenience package,” with a higher end quality sound system and high end fake vinyl leather. The faux leather was excellent on my Toyota Prius.

I used the Prius as an Uber car and the fake leather seats wore very well. No tears, rips or stains. The car is 6 years old with 228,000 miles and the seats are a 9 out of 10. I’ve literally eaten full meals and spilled taco sauce, ketchup, lasagne, every snack food etc. people have 🤮 on the back seats once or twice? And the seats cleaned right up! My 2004 Ford F-150 Lariat truck with 275,000 has leather and the front seats are ripped by the door and the leather is ok not great. I never maintained the seats except one time I had the car detailed three years ago. The interior on the F150 is a 3 out of 10?

max the dog

Badlands
First Name
warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
L8000, Excursion, F350, escape, BL, Hummer
I'm old school also -- give me CDs rather than downloads. At least with a CD you have something guaranteed permanent, not to mention any inserts in the case (some can be pretty cool). Then you can rip the CD to a drive and stash it away somewhere. I haven't kept up with prices but at one time the cost of CDs was about the same as downloading the entire album.

That said, you can get older model magic phones dirt cheap, even free. Many people have older phones that they aren't using. You might consider getting a phone and loading your music on it.

Or -- perhaps easier -- load your music onto a USB thumb drive. See owner's manual p.366.
I will try loading onto a thumb drive. Thanks.
Sponsored