Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Couple of quick questions:

1. Does the large off-grid basket fit the Bronco sport? I can't seem to find the medium in stock.
2. Would the awning fit with the off-grid basket either medium or large?

Glenn Malabo

Base
First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport Base
Ford Bronco Sport Yakima Offgrid basket installed 20210430_162427
Ford Bronco Sport Yakima Offgrid basket installed 20210430_162557

Nice. Here's mine with factory cross rails and Thule canyon xt cargo basket on mine, and I can get in and out of my garage...unloaded of course.
Hi. I was wondering. Will I need crossbars to install a roof rack?

OP
OP

Deleted member 2781

Couple of quick questions:

1. Does the large off-grid basket fit the Bronco sport? I can't seem to find the medium in stock.
2. Would the awning fit with the off-grid basket either medium or large?
1. Yes. Any basket can fit if your cross bars are long enough. Looks like the large is 9 inches wider than the medium so if you look at my pics with the medium, add 4.5" to each side.

2. Again, depends on the size of the cross bars and what is already mounted. If you have a 49" wide offgrid basket on 50" bars, then you do not have room to add an awning. If you have 60" bars, you'll have plenty of room.

I have 50" jetstream crossbars on timberline towers and the yakima slimshady just barely fits in the front. The sport's roof rails are wider near the front so the towers are pushed closer to the edge of the bars. On 50" bars this does not leave a lot of room for an awning. I suppose the awning could be mounted on the *inside* of the towers but I haven't tried that and have never seen an awning mounted that way.

OP
OP

Deleted member 2781

Thanks. Do you know a brand crossbar that doesn't overlap the side rail mounts or the Bronco side rails?
The OEM ones from Ford are probably the only ones that sit flush to the roof rails, unless you were to buy some other ones and chop them yourself.

HungLo's pictures are the OEM crossbars.

Glenn Malabo

Base
First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport Base
The OEM ones from Ford are probably the only ones that sit flush to the roof rails, unless you were to buy some other ones and chop them yourself.

HungLo's pictures are the OEM crossbars.
You're awesome. This is really helpful. Thanks!

HungLo

Outer Banks
First Name
Siu
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, Tesla Model 3
You're awesome. This is really helpful. Thanks!
Yea, my cross rails are the OEM ones installed by the dealer. I used my Ford Pass points to help me pay for the Thule Cargo Basket at the dealership after delivery. Saved me $210, but I didn't have the dealer install it, they wanted to charge $180 for the install. It's easy enough for self installation. Just take your time to measure where you want it. Here's pic without cargo basket.
Ford Bronco Sport Yakima Offgrid basket installed OEM cross rails
Ford Bronco Sport Yakima Offgrid basket installed OEM cross rails 2
Sponsored