Wrench light appeared in sport mode, cruise control on..

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
Just had the EXACT (almost) same issue. Same drive even. We spent the day going to flag, going back to Beaver Creek, then Sedona and we’re on the way back to flag to drop off son at NAU.

power gone, wrench and no power. The phone app said turbo lost boost.

so pulled over and let itrest for15min or so. Then it was fine except for check engine. Now I don’t know what to do to get home ;-/
Still no power, or just the check engine light?
Sponsored

Carolo

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands
As stated elsewhere, had an engine light in Flagstaff, and a wrench light climbing the Grapevine outside of Bakersfield (with significant loss of power). Both cleared after resting overnight with no record in the OBD. Still think it's just glitches from a 1st generation computer operated vehicle.

Folkman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bit.ly
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Still no power, or just the check engine light?
nope. Power back. Drove it like I stole it back to Phoenix after looking at this thread.

including the nerves LOL.

I’ll probably have it checked out. The check engine is still there. But no weird sounds and acting normal.

Folkman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bit.ly
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
As stated elsewhere, had an engine light in Flagstaff, and a wrench light climbing the Grapevine outside of Bakersfield (with significant loss of power). Both cleared after resting overnight with no record in the OBD. Still think it's just glitches from a 1st generation computer operated vehicle.
I think I’m leaning that way too. I’ll toss on my OBD tomorrow just to see. And if the light is still there I’ll schedule with ford.

but yeah, I’m a software engineer and there are ALOT of points in this for a 1 to be a 0. It’s obvious that there was no “real” power loss just limp mode.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Yep, lesson learned there, I hear you..I was thinking of the many hills to climb heading north, but..no more Sport/cruise control. Posted my story for fyi to others. :)
I typically use sport mode to jump on the ramp and get up to speed, then flip to eco and set the cruise. Sorry to hear about the issue, I'd agree perhaps it was hills and revs kinda being stupid.

Folkman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bit.ly
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I think I’m leaning that way too. I’ll toss on my OBD tomorrow just to see. And if the light is still there I’ll schedule with ford.

but yeah, I’m a software engineer and there are ALOT of points in this for a 1 to be a 0. It’s obvious that there was no “real” power loss just limp mode.
Oh. I was in normal mode the whole way.

Folkman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bit.ly
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Oh. I was in normal mode the whole way.
Finally to a stoping point of the day I can sit down. Even with this issue it was an amazing day out with family.

I’ll be doing my 10k review soon…. Gotta find the time to edit and all that. But here are the ford app indicators that popped up at the time too. I actually think this is pretty cool of Ford. It’s very freaky to most people when it just shows a wrench and power craps out (especially in mountains while climbing) then pasted a check engine light. This is neat that they send something this specific to the app.

Sensor? Software? Turbo acting up? Guess we will find out.

Ford Bronco Sport Wrench light appeared in sport mode, cruise control on.. 3407AE76-D4BA-4F2A-9D0F-CD041FC08AE3
Ford Bronco Sport Wrench light appeared in sport mode, cruise control on.. 4EE090FF-EB18-4AD7-B193-7C1B7B2E4975

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I typically use sport mode to jump on the ramp and get up to speed, then flip to eco and set the cruise. Sorry to hear about the issue, I'd agree perhaps it was hills and revs kinda being stupid.
I’ll do the same with the Lexus. With the Bronco, I’ve mostly just kept it in normal. The Lexus is very quick and simple to change. Not that the Bronco is hard but the Lexus has Eco, Normal, and Sport. Not a herd of goats to keep track of like the Bronco.

Folkman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bit.ly
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Finally to a stoping point of the day I can sit down. Even with this issue it was an amazing day out with family.

I’ll be doing my 10k review soon…. Gotta find the time to edit and all that. But here are the ford app indicators that popped up at the time too. I actually think this is pretty cool of Ford. It’s very freaky to most people when it just shows a wrench and power craps out (especially in mountains while climbing) then pasted a check engine light. This is neat that they send something this specific to the app.

Sensor? Software? Turbo acting up? Guess we will find out.

Ford Bronco Sport Wrench light appeared in sport mode, cruise control on.. 3407AE76-D4BA-4F2A-9D0F-CD041FC08AE3
Ford Bronco Sport Wrench light appeared in sport mode, cruise control on.. 4EE090FF-EB18-4AD7-B193-7C1B7B2E4975
Ok. I can haz updatez.

I went out and tossed my OBD reader on Argenis. Interesting and confusing….

let me see if I have learned enough to understand. Please correct anything I don’t know….

First thing I noticed is the check engine light is NOT on any longer. Yay????

Second thing, the scanner does have a fault registered for turbocharger/supercharger underboost. Both confirmed and current. There are two in confirmed, one with and one without a trailing -00. It is also under current with the -00. There are no permanent or pending faults.

I did aquick drive with the OBD dongle and the dashboard pulled up on my phone. It seemed to be boosting just fine. Pegged the dial and felt responsive.

I’m thinking, 1) computer glitched and there wasn’t really an issue. 2) sensor starting to have issue. ???? I don’t know.

is it safe to clear them? Will it get me in hot water with ford? Do i need to clear them?

here are the readouts.

Ford Bronco Sport Wrench light appeared in sport mode, cruise control on.. CBA74964-858B-4EBF-96C8-86848FA50407
Ford Bronco Sport Wrench light appeared in sport mode, cruise control on.. 039FB763-BCDB-4CE2-8422-CE20C3EE1D12

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok. I can haz updatez.

I went out and tossed my OBD reader on Argenis. Interesting and confusing….

let me see if I have learned enough to understand. Please correct anything I don’t know….

First thing I noticed is the check engine light is NOT on any longer. Yay????

Second thing, the scanner does have a fault registered for turbocharger/supercharger underboost. Both confirmed and current. There are two in confirmed, one with and one without a trailing -00. It is also under current with the -00. There are no permanent or pending faults.

I did aquick drive with the OBD dongle and the dashboard pulled up on my phone. It seemed to be boosting just fine. Pegged the dial and felt responsive.

I’m thinking, 1) computer glitched and there wasn’t really an issue. 2) sensor starting to have issue. ???? I don’t know.

is it safe to clear them? Will it get me in hot water with ford? Do i need to clear them?

here are the readouts.

Ford Bronco Sport Wrench light appeared in sport mode, cruise control on.. CBA74964-858B-4EBF-96C8-86848FA50407
Ford Bronco Sport Wrench light appeared in sport mode, cruise control on.. 039FB763-BCDB-4CE2-8422-CE20C3EE1D12
You don’t need to clear them. I’ve had an issue with the Lexus because of the gas cap. I’ve cleared it and so has Lexus Service. I’d say leave them since the check engine light is off.
Sponsored