WarHorse1B

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Don’t bet on it lol I would love a manual! If your pockets are deep enough you could have a manual put in! I’m just glad they put one in the bronco. I wish they would put the 5.0 in both the bronco and the sport as well!

o0260o

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BroncoSport
Ford doesn't have a stick gearbox for AWD set ups. The 1.5 turbo is paired with a 6 speed transmission in Kuga/Puma ST/Fiesta ST but with FWD only.

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
If you had a Badlands or First Edition you can shift using the paddle shifters, not a full up manual, but at least you can control your shift points.

casual_reader

Outer Banks
First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport OB / Focus RS
Anyone else think or wish that Ford should release a BS with manual shift?
I am okay with it just being 6speed, thoughts from everyone?
[please Ford pretty pleeeeessssee]
I would of loved a manual too. knowing how to drive stick, is a skill you shouldn't forget. But Ford did have a AWD with stick setup recently. But dropped it. My Focus RS has that set up. I think we'll only see a stick/AWD vehicle outside of North America.

OP
OP
johnardsg

johnardsg

Big Bend
First Name
johnard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BS BigBend/2011 v6 Rav4
I would of loved a manual too. knowing how to drive stick, is a skill you shouldn't forget. But Ford did have a AWD with stick setup recently. But dropped it. My Focus RS has that set up. I think we'll only see a stick/AWD vehicle outside of North America.
I love the ford rs. Couldnt get one though at the time when it was released…so i just drove it on xbox forza

casual_reader

Outer Banks
First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I love the ford rs. Couldnt get one though at the time when it was released…so i just drove it on xbox forza
LOL. it was pretty tough getting it at the time. but, got lucky. That being said. i may have to let it go soon :(

Dan

Outer Banks
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport (on the way!)
I don’t think the platform the BS is on is designed for stick shift

OP
OP
johnardsg

johnardsg

Big Bend
First Name
johnard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LOL. it was pretty tough getting it at the time. but, got lucky. That being said. i may have to let it go soon :(
Before you let it go, take the steering wheel as remembrance, the new owner will never know :)

OP
OP
johnardsg

johnardsg

Big Bend
First Name
johnard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you had a Badlands or First Edition you can shift using the paddle shifters, not a full up manual, but at least you can control your shift points.
Yeah was debating about that at the time but my wallet said no :)

casual_reader

Outer Banks
First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Before you let it go, take the steering wheel as remembrance, the new owner will never know :)
That and the clutch pedal and shifter :)

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
one of the answers to your quandary is the responses here...three people, undoubtedly more who aren't on the forum or didn't post in the thread...but that's not enough interest to warrant a stick. Ironic that USED to be the low-end market standard and you had to upgrade to automatic...now it's the other way around to some extent. Everything is built with an automatic standard.

o0260o

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BroncoSport
That's the truth, but driving a stick is like riding a bike. It's a skill once you know you won't forget. If it was an option I'd probably pass based on the amount of traffic near me. Love a stick, gives you something to do while your driving. But my knees don't mind not having it now.
BS is the first auto car I have. First week I had to get used not having anything to do with my feet and hands. I commuted in a manual car in heavy NYC traffic for years, didn't mind much. What makes it worse is the other people who think that just because you leave a gap in front of you it's a space to cut in. Automatics are better in every way except the fun factor. Not sure Bronco sport is fit for that. Maybe BS ST?

OP
OP
johnardsg

johnardsg

Big Bend
First Name
johnard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
one of the answers to your quandary is the responses here...three people, undoubtedly more who aren't on the forum or didn't post in the thread...but that's not enough interest to warrant a stick. Ironic that USED to be the low-end market standard and you had to upgrade to automatic...now it's the other way around to some extent. Everything is built with an automatic standard.
Right, it’s now the reverse i guess making mechanical parts last longer is more expensive now…eg like analog film vs digital
Sponsored