Wind Noise between 25-45 in the back

JVteam

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Been noticing a pressure like wind noise when going between 25-45. It sounds a bit like the sound when you have just one window open. And in fact when I do just open one window it seems to get lounder and more intense. I was thinking that it's a seal issue on the back glass.
Sponsored

ScareCrow

Badlands
First Name
Burl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS/Badlands
Been noticing a pressure like wind noise when going between 25-45. It sounds a bit like the sound when you have just one window open. And in fact when I do just open one window it seems to get lounder and more intense. I was thinking that it's a seal issue on the back glass.
To reduce wind noise or pulsing noise when just one window is open, slightly open the opposite window.

It's in the manual.

BigBendBuck

Big Bend
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
So I had an issue with mine too. I thought it was normal until I went through the car wash and saw water coming in the back glass hatch. I went home and checked it out. The seal was fine. But the issue was not the seal. It was the wiring for the back glass defroster that was getting caught in between the window and it’s seal. So I unplugged them and gave them a few twist and then pulled them out an extra inch or two and plugged them back in. Problem solved.

ZeroCool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
So I had an issue with mine too. I thought it was normal until I went through the car wash and saw water coming in the back glass hatch. I went home and checked it out. The seal was fine. But the issue was not the seal. It was the wiring for the back glass defroster that was getting caught in between the window and it’s seal. So I unplugged them and gave them a few twist and then pulled them out an extra inch or two and plugged them back in. Problem solved.
Mic drop.

OP
OP
JVteam

JVteam

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
You know I noticed that, but didn't go so far as unplug it to redirect. I'll give that a try

BSCactus

Big Bend
First Name
Laraine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I noticed the wind noise, as well. I find it distracting. It does not appear to be a window issue to me. I'm taking my BS to the dealership next week (this is 1/3 issues I am having looked at). I will update on here when I know more.

OP
OP
JVteam

JVteam

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I think I figured this out. When I was checking the seal with the back hatch open I noticed this plastic piece had come loose from a few screws.
Ford Bronco Sport Wind Noise between 25-45 in the back PXL_20210912_192652293

SilverVVolf

Badlands
First Name
Rad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I think I figured this out. When I was checking the seal with the back hatch open I noticed this plastic piece had come loose from a few screws.
Ford Bronco Sport Wind Noise between 25-45 in the back PXL_20210912_192652293
Nice detective work, OP.

The wife: where are you going?
Me: watch the kids, I just gotta check something real quick.

Not having the issue but it never hurts to check.
Sponsored