Will the BroncoSport ever have subscription services?

AmazingSieve

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
As some may know BMW is making news for all the wrong reasons this week, notably because of their monthly subscription services to activate features on their cars that were already built into the cars but the car owner must purchase via monthly subscription to be unlock and use them.

Features like auto high beams and heated seats are currently on BMW menu for some owners in the UK.

Is Ford eyeing up something similar for the BroncoSport or are they taking a more wait and see approach?
Sponsored

Broncolution

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
As some may know BMW is making news for all the wrong reasons this week, notably because of their monthly subscription services to activate features on their cars that were already built into the cars but the car owner must purchase via monthly subscription to be unlock and use them.

Features like auto high beams and heated seats are currently on BMW menu for some owners in the UK.

Is Ford eyeing up something similar for the BroncoSport or are they taking a more wait and see approach?
This is nothing but a cash grab from BMW. They stated that there are no plans to initiate this for the U.S. market….. for now. I can see all kinds of backlash if this become a normal thing for automakers. Most Customers will forgo options if it will cost them. Case in point satellite radio. I remember reading a study some time ago saying that a large percent of the population do not renew there subscription when it ends.

OP
OP
AmazingSieve

AmazingSieve

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
This is nothing but a cash grab from BMW. They stated that there are no plans to initiate this for the U.S. market….. for now. I can see all kinds of backlash if this become a normal thing for automakers. Most Customers will forgo options if it will cost them. Case in point satellite radio. I remember reading a study some time ago saying that a large percent of the population do not renew there subscription when it ends.
Imagine hopping into your car on a cold day and you try to activate the seat warmers…you hit the button but they aren’t working. Sooner or later you figure out, fuck! I forgot to pay the subscription this month and my carmaker deactivated them…

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
This is such a slippery slope. They could literally charge you money just to be able to start your vehicle. Subscription services are making everything worse, and I swear it all started with gaming and DLC.
I blame Adobe.

OP
OP
AmazingSieve

AmazingSieve

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
This is such a slippery slope. They could literally charge you money just to be able to start your vehicle. Subscription services are making everything worse, and I swear it all started with gaming and DLC.
Did you hear about the new safety package subscription? If you want the airbags to work that’ll cost a nice little monthly fee…

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
https://fordauthority.com/2022/01/ford-ceo-jim-farley-dings-bmw-over-heated-seat-subscription-model/

Not that anything nowadays couldn’t be considered for a subscription service, but thankfully Ford hasn’t gone that route yet. Even with their app (which the sales guys are asked to ensure that is setup apparently).

I still feel like Dick Tracy starting the car from my watch today. This is the type of thing I could see them trying to make into a subscription in the future, but honestly kudos to Ford for providing content like this included in the purchase price of the vehicle.

Ford Bronco Sport Will the BroncoSport ever have subscription services? 0602D7F7-3E04-46B8-AD49-747CAA501D05

Elegance

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
I'd literally riot if they wanted a monthly subscription for me to warm my buns. If I'm buying the premium package, I'd expect nothing less than what I've already paid for. Toast me up on those chilly winter days, anytime, all the time.

That being said, I'm going to say the folks who are buying BMWs don't care at all about paying an extra $20 a month. That's the kind of money that can be spent totally unnoticed by society's upper crust. If any manufacturer is going to attempt a subscription model, the luxury brands are going to be the ones to do it successfully.

CallMeBill

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Carbonized Grey Badlands

Feint

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
BMW tried this before in 2018 (or earlier) with subscription-only Apple CarPlay. But the owners and potential buyers freaked and they removed it and made Apple CarPlay standard after that. The fact that they are trying this again is bad news.

And to the guy who said they blame Adobe, Adobe went to a subscription-only model after the entire world stole Photoshop. If it wasn't for thieves, that never would have happened.

Carolo

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands
Kinda like some cell phones, pay a bunch for a new phone almost every year when new ones come out, and STILL have to pay huge fees every month to make it work!
Sponsored