tifpwg

Outer Banks
First Name
Tif
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I know we are all frustrated with part shortages, build delays, and/or slow deliveries. But, let's take a deep breath....

Why did you order a Bronco Sport? We must all have POSITIVE reasons for doing so. Let's share them.

For me, I remember the original Bronco from my childhood. While I don't go off-roading, I really thought it would cool to be part of the Bronco rebirth and the Sport version fit my needs.
Sponsored

AllTerrain

Badlands
First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Not frustrated.

Things are what they are.

Ordered because I want a vehicle that I don't spend 8000 or 10,000 more for. 2000 or 3,000 in this new type of manufacturing world would have probably already pulled the plug on.
*Patience equals money.
I'm being paid to wait because the dealerships are overcharging way way too much in my opinion.

The added bonus is when I buy my vehicle for $1,000 under MSRP because of the Ford rebate. I will be buying a vehicle that will be worth 5000 more than I paid for it plus tax. How often does that happen. Happy to wait

OP
OP
tifpwg

tifpwg

Outer Banks
First Name
Tif
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Not frustrated.

Things are what they are.

Ordered because I want a vehicle that I don't spend 8000 or 10,000 more for. 2000 or 3,000 in this new type of manufacturing world would have probably already pulled the plug on.
*Patience equals money.
I'm being paid to wait because the dealerships are overcharging way way too much in my opinion.

The added bonus is when I buy my vehicle for $1,000 under MSRP because of the Ford rebate. I will be buying a vehicle that will be worth 5000 more than I paid for it plus tax. How often does that happen. Happy to wait
You have more patience than me! Great reasons... thanks for sharing.

Ponyrider

Outer Banks
First Name
Nadine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport, BMW Z3
I fell in love with a 2001 Escape. Bought it new, right off the truck. Had that suv for 15 years. 370,000 miles. No issues until the very end. Rust made the decision. Could not find anything similar. So I settled on a nice safe boring Subaru Forester. Then I heard about the Bronco Sport. And I remembered graduating from college and wanting a Bronco. I watched and compared the sport to my old Escape. Size, perfect. Looks, right on. So I put my order in September 2020. Built December 2020. Delivered January 2021. Over a year and almost 14,000 miles later, I couldn't be happier.

Juliet

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
My dad was a HUGE Ford guy. I miss him very much. I know this would have made him smile. Also, I was getting to the end of a lease (first and last time I'll do that) and was able to get a lot back so had a nice down payment.

PapaHotel

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer 2019 Ecosport
I had a near-new Ford Explorer 3 row. I liked it a lot and it had the best size/performance/economy balance that I ever owned, but for me, it was just too big. I also wanted a few more electronic assists. I am retired and want to avoid any form of accident. I found that I could get the smaller car for almost what my larger car was worth. However, I do have to wait. I had looked at another dealer, but they didn't give me a price estimate. This dealer said they would sell for a few bucks under MSRP, seemed pretty fair so I went for it.

Warpious

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.floracreekplace.com
Vehicle(s)
'08 Merc Mariner, 2012 Mustang (R.I.P), 2022 BS BL
Bought it as my wife (technically will be her car) has always liked the boxier look, she had on 04 escape, then her '08 mariner, but has hated the past 2.5 designs of the escape. We opted for the BL as we have a family farm we visit fairly regularly and want to get more into the outdoorsy offroad scene but not willing to commit to big one in case things dont go as planned. I've always liked cars but have never been a "Car guy" able to really work on them, so this is sort of my first chance to start tinking around.

Petroph

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FX4 F150
Impulse buy. Wasn't on my radar or plans at all.
Same here just about. Though I was in the market for a much more fuel efficient and modern vehicle that was smaller to fit in my small garage where my 2014 F150 FX4 doesn't fit. It's great to have, I just don't personally do alot of "truck" stuff to warrant it for my daily driver to and from work everyday. Not to mention my 9-10 mpg is just nuts for city driving.

I had a Jeep Patriot before my F150. Loved the size of the vehicle, wasn't too small, or too big. But hated that it barely had 115 HP. Felt like it was going to fall apart at highway speeds with steering wheel vibrations, and if I ever needed to pass someone on a stripped line 2 lane road, I had to account for 4 car lengths just to get up to speed as the accelleration was horrible. I swore to myself I would never get a 4 Cylinder again.

However after driving the turbo charged 3 cylinder base model on my dealers lot I was seriously impressed with the interior, and power the small little engine provided and the look was way more masculine then the similar Ford Escape.

I immediately went to look into ordering the BL edition 2.0 Turbo Ecoboost with full tech package to get myself up to modern standards as my Patriot didn't have any touch screen at all, and my F150 has the clunky old Sync 2 System which is something to be desired.

NDB2Guy

Badlands
First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
87 BII, 89 BII, 89 Ranger, 14 F150, 22 BSport
$1000 off makes the wait a lot easier to stomach and disappointment in how the local dealer Big Bend orders were being optioned. $1000 off on the Badlands gets me really close (in price) to the Big Bend I wanted with way more vehicle. Also figured it was good karma for a guy that's owned 4 Bronco IIs to order one 2-22-22.

o0260o

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BroncoSport
I never thought I would own a big car or an SUV. We love hatchbacks but unfortunately the landscape of American car sales had shifted. So when it was time to let go of the Fiesta we looked at Golf, Veloster, Elantra GT, Mazda 3, Impreza wagon, etc. Then I saw a picture of two bikes loaded upright inside a Bronco Sport. That seemed so nice not having to stack them sideways and risking scratching something. Also, the BS is same length as a Focus hatch. The wife was also sold on the styling and I find the 3 cylinder engine just whimsical.

kanine

Badlands
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands, 2014 Mustang GT
I used to drive a Mustang GT till it got hit, so I decided to find something more practical and versatile. I was deciding between a small SUV or sedan, but I ended up liking the Bronco Sport. I watched a lot of reviews on YouTube and got hooked. I really liked the boxy design, it's small, fuel efficient compared to the Mustang, pretty capable off road and I can use it for weekend camping trips. I ordered mine in March of 2021 and got it end of October.

mustangmech

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords!
I ordered a BL after buying a OB. Bought the OB after getting frustrated with a Maverick order.
My first vehicle was a Bronco II, BS is very nostalgic!

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
Reserved a 2Door Bronco Badlands from Granger in October 2020 @ 2k below invoice. Ford changed the rules mid stream and due to allocations, I won’t be getting my 2 door Bronco until 24 or 25. Zach at Granger offered us Bronco Sports at 6% below invoice as a way to help with allocations and to provide an option to those of us that could not wait until ‘24 or ‘25. My 16 year old Escape is dying of Iron Oxide efficiency. The BS BL will work to replace the Escape and maybe will go to my wife once the 2 door arrives.
Sponsored