Why, again Why, and What tha heck was that!?

Bronchette

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 OB/17 Forester/90 Celica/98 Sierra/16 Silverado
Why . . . did 'they' insist my feet need illumination whereas the network ports don't?
Why . . . does the display behind the steering wheel obviously dim and brighten in the clear daylight?
Lastly: What tha heck was that!? . . . a drop down notification, also in the display behind the steering wheel, but so quick I had no time to read it and watch the road at the same time.

Curious minds want to know. :)
Sponsored

Flash

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
The dimming and brightening is normal, iPhones all do it all the time. My network ports have illumination but my feet don't and all notifications I've got stay until I dismiss them.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
When your display dimmed was it raining? I've noticed when it's raining sometimes the headlights come on. When that happens the dash lights will dim to whatever you have them set to for night driving. If you jack the dash dimmer all the way up they won't dim when the headlights go on.

Beninchesapeake

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I recently left my house at 1:25am for a trip to Memphis (900 miles). About an hour into the trip I got a notification outlined in yellow. I was watching the road and didn't see what it said. About 30 minutes later it happened and again I was in a place I didn't want to look or stop. Third time it was outlined in red. This time I grabbed my phone and took a quick picture. A few minutes later I stopped and when I read "You might need to take a break" on the picture I cursed the BS. From then on I just ignored the warnings :cwl::cwl::cwl:

Black Rob

Heritage
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
I recently left my house at 1:25am for a trip to Memphis (900 miles). About an hour into the trip I got a notification outlined in yellow. I was watching the road and didn't see what it said. About 30 minutes later it happened and again I was in a place I didn't want to look or stop. Third time it was outlined in red. This time I grabbed my phone and took a quick picture. A few minutes later I stopped and when I read "You might need to take a break" on the picture I cursed the BS. From then on I just ignored the warnings :cwl::cwl::cwl:
It’s because it detects you are swerving.

Beninchesapeake

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I didn't know that! But it makes sense. There was road construction and I was in one of those areas where they channel the traffic back and forth.

OP
OP
Bronchette

Bronchette

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 OB/17 Forester/90 Celica/98 Sierra/16 Silverado
When your display dimmed was it raining? I've noticed when it's raining sometimes the headlights come on. When that happens the dash lights will dim to whatever you have them set to for night driving. If you jack the dash dimmer all the way up they won't dim when the headlights go on.
It was a bright and clear day. After posting my message, I got to thinking about it and had come to the conclusion of checking out the dash dimmer and turning it one direction or the other instead of 'limbo'. And I can't rule out the dimming and brightening might have been caused by these shorter days when shadows are more common. I think you're right on the money.

DahliaDarlin'

Outer Banks
First Name
Lise
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Outer Banks, 2005 Honda Civic
Yes, apparently it is due to swerving. It has happened to me a few times going through the Adorondaks where the roads get a bit twisty. The changing colors from yellow to light red to dark red... it's like it's getting angry at you for not listening. Adorable.
Sponsored