Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Me!!!!

I'm hoping for it and it should be mated to the largest engine offered as well!!!
Sponsored

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Ford Escape, '09 Mercury Mariner, '17 Suzuki V-Strom 650, '80 Kawasaki KZ750 (Bought new)
I'd add "ABS OFF" as an option on an FX4/Raptor package as well. Configure it so it is only switchable if the Crawl Mode/ 4Lock is activated. Keep the feds and lawyers happy.

FirstOnRaceDay

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Mercury Grand Marquis, 2017 Honda Civic, 2019.5 Chevy Silverado
Me!!!!

I'm hoping for it and it should be mated to the largest engine offered as well!!!
we can hope all we want. But it ain’t gonna happen. new report shows just over 1% of new vehicles sold in 2019 had a manual. Vs 1.4% were EVs.

but a big engine would be nice. 1.5T is weak sauce. 2.0 is ok. Not sporty tho. A 2.3 would be perfect!

Excape

Outer Banks
First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
I certainly would. One of the reasons I moved away from Ford was they dropped the manual (I've owned a manual Ranger, Explorer, F-150, and Escape). I replaced the Escape with two manual vehicles, a 2016 CX-5 and a 2018 Colorado. I would like to have one vehicle to consolidate to. At least the Compass is still available in a manual.

FirstOnRaceDay

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I certainly would. One of the reasons I moved away from Ford was they dropped the manual (I've owned a manual Ranger, Explorer, F-150, and Escape). I replaced the Escape with two manual vehicles, a 2016 CX-5 and a 2018 Colorado. I would like to have one vehicle to consolidate to. At least the Compass is still available in a manual.
Cx5 is no longer available with a manual.
Odds are for the (2012+) Colorado this or next generation will be the last manual.
and Definitely The last generation for the compass to have a manual (at least for USA).

companies are moving away from manual.
The only SUVs that have manuals are
Jeep Compass/ Renegade
Mitsubishi Outlander
Hyundai Venue

crossover that are CHEAP and built over seas in China or Mexico. Where the manual versions sell very well

CSSM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 XV Crosstrek
Don't forget the Crosstrek, which was all new for 2018 and still included a manual.

FirstOnRaceDay

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Don't forget the Crosstrek, which was all new for 2018 and still included a manual.
once again. Cheaper car built in Asia where all they want is a cheap stripped manual.
If it’s made in Asia and it’s cheap. It has a manual.

CSSM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 XV Crosstrek
So is the Venue and Outlander, but the Crosstrek is not as cheap as those. The purpose for there being a manual doesn't take away the fact that there is one. I head a Crosstrek club and pretty much all the manuals in the club are owned by offroad enthusiasts.

FirstOnRaceDay

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So is the Venue and Outlander, but the Crosstrek is not as cheap as those. The purpose for there being a manual doesn't take away the fact that there is one. I head a Crosstrek club and pretty much all the manuals in the club are owned by offroad enthusiasts.
that’s typically the two manual markets
Enthusiasts and cheap buys.

CSSM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 XV Crosstrek
that’s typically the two manual markets
Enthusiasts and cheap buys.
Unfortunately these days the enthusiasts have to rely on the cheap buys for manuals. Can't even get a Crosstrek with fog lights and manual together. So sad that we probably won't be able to get this "rugged crossover" that way. At least it wont be a CVT.

FirstOnRaceDay

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unfortunately these days the enthusiasts have to rely on the cheap buys for manuals. Can't even get a Crosstrek with fog lights and manual together. So sad that we probably won't be able to get this "rugged crossover" that way. At least it wont be a CVT.
well if the crosstreck had a STI Model it would be a manual. That’s the enthusiast market

Excape

Outer Banks
First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
I thought the whole idea of the Bronco was for the enthusiast market. baby or not.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Ford Escape, '09 Mercury Mariner, '17 Suzuki V-Strom 650, '80 Kawasaki KZ750 (Bought new)
we can hope all we want. But it ain’t gonna happen. new report shows just over 1% of new vehicles sold in 2019 had a manual. Vs 1.4% were EVs.

but a big engine would be nice. 1.5T is weak sauce. 2.0 is ok. Not sporty tho. A 2.3 would be perfect!
It becomes a self fulfilling prophesy. The vast majority (all?) American dealers sell off the lot for spot delivery, and their inventories reflect that.
In Europe, about half the customers order theirs out, so you see a greater diversity in equipment and option content.
The factories don't offer manuals, because the dealers don't order them, because the factories don't offer them, because....

Excape

Outer Banks
First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Motorpsychology, you are correct. I am old enough to remember being able to order "a la carte" options on domestic vehicles.
Even weird mismatched color options could be special ordered.
I would love to get a mid-level trim package, with high-end audio and a manual. Thus far, I've had to purchase the bottom-feeders to get a manual, then resort to aftermarket. Additions like aftermarket infotainment, wheels, and Katzkin leather. I end up spending more than if the manufacturer offered what I wanted.

On another note:
If what FirstOnRaceDay says is the case (which I agree with the numbers), then are the rumors of the real Bronco getting a manual unfounded?
It doesn't make sense if Ford won't sell any.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Motorpsychology, you are correct. I am old enough to remember being able to order "a la carte" options on domestic vehicles.
Even weird mismatched color options could be special ordered.
I would love to get a mid-level trim package, with high-end audio and a manual. Thus far, I've had to purchase the bottom-feeders to get a manual, then resort to aftermarket. Additions like aftermarket infotainment, wheels, and Katzkin leather. I end up spending more than if the manufacturer offered what I wanted.

On another note:
If what FirstOnRaceDay says is the case (which I agree with the numbers), then are the rumors of the real Bronco getting a manual unfounded?
It doesn't make sense if Ford won't sell any.
AHH, the good ol' days, when there were "secret codes" for special engines and suspensions. Cadillac would paint to order any color you wanted.
As far as manuals, I suspect hitting CAFE numbers will have something to do with it, hence all the 8,9,10-speed AT's as standard on most vehicles today. If a manual is offered, perhaps at a later date, watch for it to be a "no cost option" in lieu of the 10-speed. I'm sure Ford is benchmarking Jeep pretty closely: depends on the take rate on the Unlimited, the only one offering a man-tran anymore.
Sponsored