Outback Texan

Badlands
First Name
MIke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
71 male... been retired for 11 years... '22 Badlands is a replacement for my 2017 Golf GTi. The wife drives a 2022 Hyundai Tucson Hybrid.
Sponsored

AndyMac204

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base / 1988 Dodge Power Ram w150
i'm 40, she's 30. And we have a dinosaur of a dog. She works from home, my office is a 4 minute drive. Bought it for a grocery getter / camping rig and we have travelled across western Canada 3 times with it. Absolutely love our lil base model.

Wolf256

Badlands
First Name
Jane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Atlas Blue
60/F Widow/Retired
Love my Badlands. I’ve put 8000 miles on it in 7 months. I’ll put another 4000 on it before my one year of ownership hits in April 2023. Maybe more.

Last edited:

Blue oval fan

Big Bend
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport
40 M, married, no kids

I consider my BS to be my work car. I visit clients in about 5 states, lots of miles. Cheaper to own a car, got tired of renting a Corolla for $300+per week. Traded in the Escape for the BS. My wife hated driving the Escape. She bought out her lease and sold it so she would now be driving my work car more often when I'm not traveling. Plus I wanted 360+ and AWD. Should have gone this route from the start.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
60/F Widow/Retired
Love my Badlands. I’ve put 8000 miles on it in 7 months. I’ll put another 4000 on it before my one year of ownership hits in April 2023. Maybe more.
So glad you're enjoying your Bronco Sport, Jane!

Its her Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, Ford Escape and Mercury Mountaineer
Just curious about the age and gender demographics of current owners. Most importantly, regardless of who pays for it, who claims "it's mine" and drives it the majority of the time. I've been seeing a lot of female drivers, both young and older driving BS's in San Diego, way more than male drivers. I'm having that mid-life crisis at 40 on whether or not the BS is going to be my 'manly' car. You know how it is when you drive a 2011 Honda CR-V (this guy) and 90% of other drivers you see in the same car are double your age and/or the opposite gender. Those that have been here, know what I'm feeling. The majority of guys I know do not want to be seen in the soccer mom van, Prius, smart car, VW beetle, Kia soul, etc. Before anyone says it, I have no desire for the big Bronco, nor need to spend that much for a car that I will never use to its full capability. Also, yes a truck is a way to go, but I don't have a desire to haul around hot air 99% of the time. Crossovers or mid-size SUVs are my sweet spot. I have a BS BL on order (no production date) but am also looking at the new Mazda CX-50. Thank you for your responses in advance.
My wife and I have been married almost 36 years with 3 boys. I am 58 and she is 29 (for the 27th time). I work for Ford and they had the prototype full size and sport in the factory I work in a couple of years ago. I saw the Bronco Sport and sent her a few photos. She was sold. at first sight.
ITS HER BRONCO (I just pay for it and get to drive it sometimes).

jkeaton

Big Bend
First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Big Bend / 2013 Escape Titanium
Was just about to start a poll on this very question. Glad I searched first. Have not read through this whole thread yet, but I figured I'd start it back up. I too, like the OP see a lot more female drivers of Bronco Sports than males. For myself, the BS is the wife's car. She always gets the newest. I drive used vehicles as I go through them quite frequently. I'm 59 years old and have owned at last count approx. 46 vehicles since I started driving at 16. Currently my daily is a 2013 Escape Titanium and I also have a 2016 F150 5.0 that we use to tow the camper with (or when I feel like hearing and feeling the sound and power of a V8). Cheers!

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
Was just about to start a poll on this very question. Glad I searched first. Have not read through this whole thread yet, but I figured I'd start it back up. I too, like the OP see a lot more female drivers of Bronco Sports than males. For myself, the BS is the wife's car. She always gets the newest. I drive used vehicles as I go through them quite frequently. I'm 59 years old and have owned at last count approx. 46 vehicles since I started driving at 16. Currently my daily is a 2013 Escape Titanium and I also have a 2016 F150 5.0 that we use to tow the camper with (or when I feel like hearing and feeling the sound and power of a V8). Cheers!
We are the same. I've had plenty of used vehicles since driving at the age of 16. Fast forward to 64, and still have the favorite one (67 Camaro) of all from the list of many (somewhere in the range of 40 to 50 vehicles).

And my wife always got the new ones, and has the best spot to park in the garage.

Bronclahoma

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Honestly, I've never paid much attention to who is driving BSs I see. There defintely is a need for a macho image for a lot of men, though. Many who don't work with their truck have no need for one other than a machismo look.

For most of my life I traded every year and drove large trucks because I was an active outdoorsman. Had boats, ATV's, fifth-wheels and bird dogs. I needed a truck. Now I'm old and have become a minimalist. Don't have any toys, no big house on an acreage and I've never been happier without all the clutter in my life that consumed too much of my time.

I seem to have traded my rifles and shotguns for cameras and use my hunting skills to get close to wildlife, or call them to me. So I still need a vehicle that can keep me from getting stuck in a desolate area and still be a comfortable DD. My BL fits that niche nicely. Just like personal defense, situational awareness applies to trails, too. If it's getting too snakey, I just turn around. It only takes one good mud hole to stick you.

Many young men nowadays have little interest in vehicles. My son has a neighbor who is a highschool football coach. He did a car care clinic in his shop for the team and was amazed at how little they knew about vehicles. Like ole Bob D. sang "the times they are a changin."
Sponsored