Who's car is it?

AWSD

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Honda CR-V
Just curious about the age and gender demographics of current owners. Most importantly, regardless of who pays for it, who claims "it's mine" and drives it the majority of the time. I've been seeing a lot of female drivers, both young and older driving BS's in San Diego, way more than male drivers. I'm having that mid-life crisis at 40 on whether or not the BS is going to be my 'manly' car. You know how it is when you drive a 2011 Honda CR-V (this guy) and 90% of other drivers you see in the same car are double your age and/or the opposite gender. Those that have been here, know what I'm feeling. The majority of guys I know do not want to be seen in the soccer mom van, Prius, smart car, VW beetle, Kia soul, etc. Before anyone says it, I have no desire for the big Bronco, nor need to spend that much for a car that I will never use to its full capability. Also, yes a truck is a way to go, but I don't have a desire to haul around hot air 99% of the time. Crossovers or mid-size SUVs are my sweet spot. I have a BS BL on order (no production date) but am also looking at the new Mazda CX-50. Thank you for your responses in advance.
Sponsored

BravoAlpha

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Expedition MAX Silverado Z71
40 M married 3 children

I have a couple full size SUVs but I intend on driving the BS Frequently. I don’t really look at who other drivers are and I don’t think other drivers do either. A vehicle does not define me but I have seen a small percentage who seem let material items own them. I’ve also seen a few who need to express themselves thru their ride. Whatever.

i certainly don’t view the BS as a silver mobile or feminine.

I remember in my 20s buying a VW Jetta (i got a deal so good on it I couldn’t turn away). I felt a little insecure at first as my previous vehicles were all full size pickups and suvs. After a while I realized no one gives a crap as much as I think they do. Still own that car

you do you

Flash3x

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F350 Platinum
Wife and I are both in our 40’s. It’s my wife’s vehicle. Before that she had a 2013 Explorer Limited. Sold it when we ordered the BS to cash in on the crazy used car prices. She drove my F-350 while waiting on the BS. I went and bought a cheap Xterra to drive while she had my truck.

Truck is parked for now to keep it out of the salt and I’m still kickin ass in the Xterra.

BourbonBroncoSport

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Sport
I understand that sentiment but do think we should all try to break ourselves from the 'gendering' of cars. If you like the car and it fits all your needs, then who the hell cares whether it is also driven by a different gender. I understand that it may not be something you mean to do but is more part of the way society has been over the years. I struggle with the idea still but am working on not worrying about what society will say if the car I drive has a more dominant ownership group of a different gender.

In my neck of the woods, I am seeing a lot of BBs, OBs, and rarely badlands. Often I don't look at the driver because I'm too busy admiring the car as it drives away. If you'd like to make it a little more aggressive, there are a few and surely to be more accessories to help you do so.

All in all, be proud of who you self. (a reference to a KY sports radio show that is so niched idk if anyone will get it.)

rmreid22

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak, 2018 Mustang GT
65 M, my 2022 OB, in cactus gray is my interim vehicle while I wait for its big brother a Badlands full size Bronco to be built. I was going to sell my OB, Sport but I am thinking of keeping it as my DD :idea:

OP
OP
AWSD

AWSD

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Honda CR-V
40 M married 3 children

I have a couple full size SUVs but I intend on driving the BS Frequently. I don’t really look at who other drivers are and I don’t think other drivers do either. A vehicle does not define me but I have seen a small percentage who seem let material items own them. I’ve also seen a few who need to express themselves thru their ride. Whatever.

i certainly don’t view the BS as a silver mobile or feminine.

I remember in my 20s buying a VW Jetta (i got a deal so good on it I couldn’t turn away). I felt a little insecure at first as my previous vehicles were all full size pickups and suvs. After a while I realized no one gives a crap as much as I think they do. Still own that car

you do you
Thanks for your insight and for sharing your thoughts.

OP
OP
AWSD

AWSD

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Honda CR-V
I understand that sentiment but do think we should all try to break ourselves from the 'gendering' of cars. If you like the car and it fits all your needs, then who the hell cares whether it is also driven by a different gender. I understand that it may not be something you mean to do but is more part of the way society has been over the years. I struggle with the idea still but am working on not worrying about what society will say if the car I drive has a more dominant ownership group of a different gender.

In my neck of the woods, I am seeing a lot of BBs, OBs, and rarely badlands. Often I don't look at the driver because I'm too busy admiring the car as it drives away. If you'd like to make it a little more aggressive, there are a few and surely to be more accessories to help you do so.

All in all, be proud of who you self. (a reference to a KY sports radio show that is so niched idk if anyone will get it.)
I agree, I wasn't going for 'gendering' of cars. Thank you for your understanding and reply.

OP
OP
AWSD

AWSD

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Honda CR-V
65 M, my 2022 OB, in cactus gray is my interim vehicle while I wait for its big brother a Badlands full size Bronco to be built. I was going to sell my OB, Sport but I am thinking of keeping it as my DD :idea:
Thank you for your reply. I recently swapped my order from Carbonized Gray to Cactus Gray.

sparkerk

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Escape Limited to Bronco Sport
Just curious about the age and gender demographics of current owners. Most importantly, regardless of who pays for it, who claims "it's mine" and drives it the majority of the time. I've been seeing a lot of female drivers, both young and older driving BS's in San Diego, way more than male drivers. I'm having that mid-life crisis at 40 on whether or not the BS is going to be my 'manly' car. You know how it is when you drive a 2011 Honda CR-V (this guy) and 90% of other drivers you see in the same car are double your age and/or the opposite gender. Those that have been here, know what I'm feeling. The majority of guys I know do not want to be seen in the soccer mom van, Prius, smart car, VW beetle, Kia soul, etc. Before anyone says it, I have no desire for the big Bronco, nor need to spend that much for a car that I will never use to its full capability. Also, yes a truck is a way to go, but I don't have a desire to haul around hot air 99% of the time. Crossovers or mid-size SUVs are my sweet spot. I have a BS BL on order (no production date) but am also looking at the new Mazda CX-50. Thank you for your responses in advance.
Male, 30, married, no children yet. Can't wait to get mine (BB, Alto Blue, almost as fully loaded as the BB's can come)! My wife was drawn to the Bronco Sport as well. She likes the look of them. I think that the Bronco Sport shouldn't be defined as masculine or feminine. The design/looks of it are RUGGED (in my opinion). Both women and men can drive rugged looking vehicles. Personally, I think it's hot when a woman is driving a rugged looking vehicle. I also think it's hot when women ride or race horses, such as barrel racing at a rodeo, but that's getting a little off topic...

Ultimately, in my opinion:
Bronco Sport = Rugged = Exciting looking, and anyone can drive it. It's also fun to drive (in my opinion).
Honda CR-V = NOT rugged = Pretty boring looking if I'm honest. Anyone can still drive it. Don't know if it's fun to drive, because I haven't driven it, and I won't because I don't think it looks good.

If you're drawn to the Bronco Sport, drive it. Don't feel like you need to impress anyone or convince anyone of anything. In the meantime, I'll try not to judge the thousands of people who drive CR-V's, Pilots, Nissan Rogues, Hyundai Santa Fe's or Tuscon's, or even the current Ford Escape. All of those SUV's are extremely boring looking and nothing special (in my opinion).

I also realize that many people don't drive the cars they do because they think it looks good. They very well may be driving it just to get from Point A to Point B. I picked the Bronco Sport because it fit my needs, but also appealed to my eye. I like the way it looks. I enjoy driving when driving an enjoyable vehicle. I enjoyed driving it during my test drive, and when mine is delivered, I'm not gonna care what other people think about it.

I would say don't worry about it being a 'manly' car for you. If you get it and don't feel like it suits you, then find something else. If you love it when you get it, then drive the wheels off it. You do you, man. And rock it, whatever that is! :)

Juliet

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
45 yr old single female...she is my baby.

OP
OP
AWSD

AWSD

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Honda CR-V
Male, 30, married, no children yet. Can't wait to get mine (BB, Alto Blue, almost as fully loaded as the BB's can come)! My wife was drawn to the Bronco Sport as well. She likes the look of them. I think that the Bronco Sport shouldn't be defined as masculine or feminine. The design/looks of it are RUGGED (in my opinion). Both women and men can drive rugged looking vehicles. Personally, I think it's hot when a woman is driving a rugged looking vehicle. I also think it's hot when women ride or race horses, such as barrel racing at a rodeo, but that's getting a little off topic...

Ultimately, in my opinion:
Bronco Sport = Rugged = Exciting looking, and anyone can drive it. It's also fun to drive (in my opinion).
Honda CR-V = NOT rugged = Pretty boring looking if I'm honest. Anyone can still drive it. Don't know if it's fun to drive, because I haven't driven it, and I won't because I don't think it looks good.

If you're drawn to the Bronco Sport, drive it. Don't feel like you need to impress anyone or convince anyone of anything. In the meantime, I'll try not to judge the thousands of people who drive CR-V's, Pilots, Nissan Rogues, Hyundai Santa Fe's or Tuscon's, or even the current Ford Escape. All of those SUV's are extremely boring looking and nothing special (in my opinion).

I also realize that many people don't drive the cars they do because they think it looks good. They very well may be driving it just to get from Point A to Point B. I picked the Bronco Sport because it fit my needs, but also appealed to my eye. I like the way it looks. I enjoy driving when driving an enjoyable vehicle. I enjoyed driving it during my test drive, and when mine is delivered, I'm not gonna care what other people think about it.

I would say don't worry about it being a 'manly' car for you. If you get it and don't feel like it suits you, then find something else. If you love it when you get it, then drive the wheels off it. You do you, man. And rock it, whatever that is! :)
Great info and personal take. I could go test drive a 1.5L, but want the BL purely for the 2.0, so I’ll wait. I have sat in one and like the feel. I'm hoping when I eventually get mine that the test drive sells it. If not, back to square one. Thanks for your reply

Last edited:
OP
OP
AWSD

AWSD

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Honda CR-V
OP
OP
AWSD

AWSD

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Honda CR-V
61 year old married female. Love my Bronco Sport, won't let my hubby drive it. I think it's the perfect gender neutral vehicle, looks good regardless of who you are!
Love it! Thanks for your reply

Araasis

Big Bend
First Name
Carley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Sport Big Bend
I'm a married woman (29) and currently drive a lifted F-150. Trading it in for a BS for the gas mileage and just ready for something smaller. The idea of "manly" cars and "chick" cars is fading away. Most people consider Jeep Wranglers as "manly" cars but, at least here in Florida, I mainly see women driving them or teenage boys. Get whatever YOU want and have fun!! :)

Larryjaquins

Big Bend
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
42 male and wife turns 42 this month. I drive it. A big bend that’s black in color. I traded in my 2016 Jeep Patriot for it. She drives a 2020 Jeep Cherokee. So I’m one of those numbers ford put out in how many jeep people traded in a Jeep for one
Sponsored