tsilveira

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport 2021
Hello. Can anyone provide an opinion on what that whirring sound is that I hear seemingly coming from the rear brakes (or rear of car) when I depress the start button to start the ignition? The sound lasts at most for 3 to 4 seconds. I "suspect" that it has something to do with the braking system that kicks in, or releases on start-up. I don't know whether it is a new noise or one that I am aware of now that the weather is warm and my windows are open on start-up. Thank you for your input.

Sponsored

fourthgear

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport ,MB Sprinter 4x4
I still haven't figured out what's making that noise , maybe fuel pump getting to pressure ? About 12K on BS .

OP
OP

tsilveira

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport 2021
Have you experienced the same noise?

Major Kong

Base
First Name
Major
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport aka "Spark Plug"
tossing this one into the mix
those BS's with 12v/120v power inverters
cooling fans system check?
have not seen any details on the inverter itself
not even sure of the unit location
very limited information

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
I can't tell what noise I should be listening for in that video, but it sounds just like mine when it starts.

OP
OP

tsilveira

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport 2021
Hi and I am sorry I should have been more specific. It is that sound at the second and third minute mark. It sounds like a metal scrape or even electronic static. I don't know how elese to explain it but it is that sound specifically at the 2 and 3 second mark.

OP
OP

tsilveira

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport 2021
Yeah, what I meant to say was at the 2nd and at the 3rd second marks of the video.

Brock

Badlands
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Have you found out what the noise is? I have same noise intermittently. At dealer today and of course it would not make noise at startup. Does noise happen all the time?

Adam CW

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
If it helps, my 2019 Escape AWD with the 2.0 Ecoboost sometimes makes odd noises when first started. It quickly smooths out and sounds normal. I just accepted it as normal.

No problems.

OP
OP

tsilveira

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport 2021
Have you found out what the noise is? I have same noise intermittently. At dealer today and of course it would not make noise at startup. Does noise happen all the time?
Hello. No, I have not been able to find the source of the noise. Of course the dealer just gave me the stock amswer that it's a normal noise that all Bronco Sports make at start-up. I have been looking for similar vehicles in parking lots just to see if I could be there when the owner returns and starts it up to prove whether or not they all make the same noise. So far I have not been there at the right time. So, yeah, the noise lasts for two to three seconds and only on start-up.

Brock

Badlands
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Suggest you find another dealer. Of course today it would not make the noise for the shop forman at dealership I go to. He told me to leave it and will start multiple times until the noise happens. Does yours make noise every time you start?

OP
OP

tsilveira

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport 2021
Suggest you find another dealer. Of course today it would not make the noise for the shop forman at dealership I go to. He told me to leave it and will start multiple times until the noise happens. Does yours make noise every time you start?
Yes, every single time. I don't know whether or not you can hear the noise that I am referring to in my amateur video above. In my uneducated opinion it has to do with the electronic parking brake releasing when the car is started.

Brock

Badlands
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
It is definitely same noise. I donā€™t use parking brake. Donā€™t think that is the problem. If you find out what it is, please let me know. Thanks Phil

OP
OP

tsilveira

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport 2021
It is definitely same noise. I donā€™t use parking brake. Donā€™t think that is the problem. If you find out what it is, please let me know. Thanks Phil
You bet. I don't use the parking brake either but I "believe" that it has something to do with the rear brakes because that is where I "think" the noise originates from.

Bigridge83

Big Bend
First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 Bronco Sport,ā€™18 Ford Fiesta,ā€™92 Ford Explorer
My wifeā€™s bb does thisā€¦I have crawled underneath and pinpointed the noise to the RDU (rear differential unit.) after looking in the shop manual, there is an electric motor that will disconnect the differential from the driveshaft, to help with MPG Iā€™m sure. Im going to assume that this noise is a check the computer does at startup to make sure the motor and circuit are functioning.
Sponsored