ryjames06

Big Bend
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Just got a brand new Bronco Sport Big Bend that was manufactured last month. I notice that when I get around 50 mph there is a noise that starts coming from the back tailgate area. It’s almost like a whining noise that coincides with the tires moving…. It’s kind of annoying, I’m not sure if it’s supposed to be doing it or not. Has anyone else experienced anything like this, or have any idea what it could be? Thanks.
Sponsored

Milehifireguy

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Big Bend
Just got a brand new Bronco Sport Big Bend that was manufactured last month. I notice that when I get around 50 mph there is a noise that starts coming from the back tailgate area. It’s almost like a whining noise that coincides with the tires moving…. It’s kind of annoying, I’m not sure if it’s supposed to be doing it or not. Has anyone else experienced anything like this, or have any idea what it could be? Thanks.
There was a thread about a month or 2 ago that sounds similar to your issue. Try searching for noise from rear cargo area. I’ll try to find it as well and post if I do. Good luck! Oh and Welcome to the Bronco family!

Milehifireguy

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Big Bend
First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport, Honda HR-V
My ‘21 BB has been at the dealership for the last month. I think we have the same problem, sounds almost like something was rubbing and causing a faint whine that gets louder at highway speeds. Initially they acted like the couldn’t hear it. Took off the cargo lid and the tech immediately heard it.

I was told I had a bad rear differential from the factory. Differential gets replaced and now I get told it’s still making a sound and Ford higher-ups said to replace the Power Transfer Unit. So no telling when I will get it back. Sure hope I didn’t purchase a lemon.

Last edited:

Fordson04

Big Bend
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
My ‘21 BB has been at the dealership for the last month. I think we have the same problem, sounds almost like something was rubbing and causing a faint whine that gets louder at highway speeds. Initially they acted like the couldn’t hear it. Took off the cargo lid and they tech immediately heard it.

I was told I had a bad rear differential from the factory. Waited for weeks and I get told it’s still making the sound and Ford higher-ups said to replace the Power Transfer Unit. So no telling when I will get it back. Sure hope I didn’t purchase a lemon.
I have a faint whining noise that you definitely hear while riding on the highway. But it literally is faint if the radio is on you won't even hear it. Only reason I heard it was when I had turned it down to talk to the wife. I just chalked it off to road noise but now I'm wondering if I should have it looked at.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Good morning! I would like to get to the bottom of this whining noise you are hearing in your new Bronco. Could you please send over a private message with your VIN and the name/location of your local Ford dealer so I can look into this on my end?

ChrisAyyy3

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Sport
This happened to me yesterday after I got my official Ford tow hitch installed at the dealership. Taillight wasn't pushed in all the way and was rubbing against tailgate. Just pushed it in til I heard it click in place. Might not be your solution but who knows.

First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport, Honda HR-V
Update since my January 20th post:

Received a call from the dealership service department a few weeks back saying Ford wasn't "releasing" the PTU for shipment until March 3rd! Not sure when they would even receive it!

Spoke with someone with the TX DMV and they suggested I go ahead and file a Lemon Law Claim. They were confident in my case. I wrote up a letter to Ford and sent it in Certified Mail. They received it last Friday.

This sucks. I just want the vehicle I payed for. This whole process could take 4 months. I am going the Buyback route. I should be getting back my down payment and my principal payments. They are supposed to subtract a "daily usage" amount from my payout, but since the vehicle has been in their possession since December 20th... I don't see how they are gonna try that.

I can shop around and hopefully put a larger down payment down and upgrade to the Badlands or a truck. If I go with Ford, I guess I can add a bunch more Ford Pass points to my account.

scaryhours

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BB
Update since my January 20th post:

Received a call from the dealership service department a few weeks back saying Ford wasn't "releasing" the PTU for shipment until March 3rd! Not sure when they would even receive it!

Spoke with someone with the TX DMV and they suggested I go ahead and file a Lemon Law Claim. They were confident in my case. I wrote up a letter to Ford and sent it in Certified Mail. They received it last Friday.

This sucks. I just want the vehicle I payed for. This whole process could take 4 months. I am going the Buyback route. I should be getting back my down payment and my principal payments. They are supposed to subtract a "daily usage" amount from my payout, but since the vehicle has been in their possession since December 20th... I don't see how they are gonna try that.

I can shop around and hopefully put a larger down payment down and upgrade to the Badlands or a truck. If I go with Ford, I guess I can add a bunch more Ford Pass points to my account.
I have the same noise. First one was lemoned out and I got my new one yesterday, same noise.
Sponsored