Where is my stick shifter

Tucats

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 FORD Escape SE
What is everyone doing with their right hand now that Ford has removed most if not all of it's stick shifters? I always rested my right hand on the shifter in my Escape. Now driving the Bronco, I don't now where to put it. Seems strange.
Sponsored

Wolf256

Badlands
First Name
Jane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Atlas Blue
What is everyone doing with their right hand now that Ford has removed most if not all of it's stick shifters? I always rested my right hand on the shifter in my Escape. Now driving the Bronco, I don't now where to put it. Seems strange.
*Well, you could always try resting it on, oh I don’t know, maybe the steering wheel?*
please consider the words between the asterisks to be humorous sarcasm. 😁🫣❤

Last edited:

Carolo

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands
*Well, you could always try resting it on, oh I don’t know, maybe the steering wheel?
please consider the words between the asterisks to be humorous sarcasm. 😁🫣❤
And since there is only a beginning asterisk, with no concluding asterisk, are we to assume that everything you say in the future is "humorous sarcasm"?:giggle:

Wolf256

Badlands
First Name
Jane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Atlas Blue
And since there is only a beginning asterisk, with no concluding asterisk, are we to assume that everything you say in the future is "humorous sarcasm"?:giggle:
Typo. I had an 8 that was supposed to be an asterisk. Must have typed too fast. It’s fixed now. 😆

dakman

Big Bend
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I have the same prob driving manuals for 45 years. I've been working on Fabing a fake shifter that fits in the small hole between the two cup holders. I just need to get out to a junk yard to find a shifter to use, I want a Hurst with correct sweep. I use a water or soda bottle to rest my hand on sometimes but its not the same. BTW I've already been advised by the forum to drive with both hands on the wheel, hehe.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
Same here!

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
After thirty plus years of marriage, let’s just say my spouse is liking the free hand. :dance:
Are you saying this because it no longer accidently slips off the shifter when going for forth gear or because you now have a permanent place to put your hand that isn't a shifter? Just asking for a friend!

Last edited:

RiotfunK

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands
I wish it had the ratcheting height adjustable lid like my last few vehicles.

OuterBanks25

Outer Banks
First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
Two things. I either drive properly with both hands on the wheel or like most people, I'll just rest my right arm on the center console lid with my left hand on the top of the steering wheel. The rotary shifter is not a bother at all. And I was doing that with cars that had traditional gear shifters.

Carolo

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands
bologna sandwich in left hand
favorite beverage in right hand
skilled psuedo-appendage knee driver
In High School, when on a date, I learned to shift my "57 Ranchero stick with my right foot, leaving my right hand free to................never mind.
Sponsored