Kodiakbear

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks
Where is the modem located and what does it look like? Mine does not appear to be working and i would like to check the connectors.
Thanks,
Joe in NH
Sponsored

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
You shouldn't have to mess with that. What makes you think it isn't working? Did you activate the trial account yet? You need to go to https://www.att.com/plans/connected-car/ford/ and set it up.

If your car is having trouble displaying the modem ID, it could be an issue with the 21020 sync update. So if you're on that version, it's possibly a service issue and not a plug you can fix.

OP
OP
Kodiakbear

Kodiakbear

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You shouldn't have to mess with that. What makes you think it isn't working? Did you activate the trial account yet? You need to go to https://www.att.com/plans/connected-car/ford/ and set it up.

If your car is having trouble displaying the modem ID, it could be an issue with the 21020 sync update. So if you're on that version, it's possibly a service issue and not a plug you can fix.
I picked up my OB yesterday, 5 different guys at the dealer couldnt get it connected to Ford Pass. I got disgusted and brought the car home. I called the Ford Sync people today and they walked me thru everything I had already tried a dozen times and they couldnt get it to work either. They are gonna get their techs involved, gave me a case number.
I read on another forum that it could be a bad modem or could even be a loose plug somewhere, thus my question...

OP
OP
Kodiakbear

Kodiakbear

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I picked up my OB yesterday, 5 different guys at the dealer couldnt get it connected to Ford Pass. I got disgusted and brought the car home. I called the Ford Sync people today and they walked me thru everything I had already tried a dozen times and they couldnt get it to work either. They are gonna get their techs involved, gave me a case number.
I read on another forum that it could be a bad modem or could even be a loose plug somewhere, thus my question...
Aso, tried that link you gave me, it says "Sorry, no compaible roducts at this time" for the 2021 BS.
Should not have to do that anyway just to connect to Ford Pass...

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Obvious question, is the modem enabled in the settings,
Enabling and Disabling the modem
1. Press settings
2. Press Ford Pass connect
3. Press connectivity settings
4. Switch connectivity features on or off

OP
OP
Kodiakbear

Kodiakbear

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Obvious question, is the modem enabled in the settings,
Enabling and Disabling the modem
1. Press settings
2. Press Ford Pass connect
3. Press connectivity settings
4. Switch connectivity features on or off
Yes, modem is enabled, connectivity features are on, this was checked by 5 different guys at the dealer, checked many times by me, and turned off and on several times while I was on the phone with Ford. No Joy.

Fossil

Badlands
First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 Raptor, 95 SVT Mustang 5spd, 95 SHO 5spd
Where is the modem located and what does it look like? Mine does not appear to be working and i would like to check the connectors.
Thanks,
Joe in NH
Most likely the modem is part of the sync main circuit board and not serviceable by itself. After reading your other comments it's pretty clear you have a legit warranty claim.

Let them diagnose your issue and order the needed parts. Resist leaving your Sport languishing on the dealers lot unless there is a clear and brief timeline for the parts ordered.

To all, dealers don't get paid avoiding warranty claims but do for the diagnosis itself. They do get paid pretty well for performing the actual repairs.

OP
OP
Kodiakbear

Kodiakbear

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, modem is enabled, connectivity features are on, this was checked by 5 different guys at the dealer, checked many times by me, and turned off and on several times while I was on the phone with Ford. No Joy.

OP
OP
Kodiakbear

Kodiakbear

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Update:
The manual says the BS has to be away from objects in order to connect. I all cases of failed tries there were cars on 3 sides, or a house and 2 cars near it. I drove to a high elevation spot near my house, completely wide open and I was able to activate Ford Pass no problem at all.
Mystery solved!
Thank you for all of you with suggestions and help.
Joe in NH

Group_44

Outer Banks
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Platinum,80 Triumph TR8, 69 Jag XKE 2+2
Update:
The manual says the BS has to be away from objects in order to connect. I all cases of failed tries there were cars on 3 sides, or a house and 2 cars near it. I drove to a high elevation spot near my house, completely wide open and I was able to activate Ford Pass no problem at all.
Mystery solved!
Thank you for all of you with suggestions and help.
Joe in NH
So it won't work if you're in a parking lot or next to your house? How useful is that going to be?

Fossil

Badlands
First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So it won't work if you're in a parking lot or next to your house? How useful is that going to be?
in the beginning I briefly suspected the antenna and now it seems all the more possible.

ScareCrow

Badlands
First Name
Burl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS/Badlands
in the beginning I briefly suspected the antenna and now it seems all the more possible.
Unscrew the antenna, make sure no packing or plastic wrap material is jammed in there.

Fossil

Badlands
First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unscrew the antenna, make sure no packing or plastic wrap material is jammed in there.
would if I could, but I was speculating on the OPs dilemma. :like:

DMEARC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang, 2021 BS OB
Like any receiver, it depends on what is nearby. I’ve used mine in some pretty “busy” locations and have not had a problem yet.

thesavo

Outer Banks
First Name
savo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Edge SEL, 2014 Patriot, 2021 Bronco Sport OB
What are we calling this module? I think wireless accessory module is taken. I'm checking the service manual and only see a "cellular phone cable".

I'll check the radio diagrams next. However as many have stated it may just be integral to the APIM.

Updates:
According to the System description section, Wfi-hot spot is controlled by the Telematics control Unit module.
Ford Bronco Sport Where is modem located? 1625267296586

The dealer should be able to use their IDS to test this module and see if it is not communicating with the car or not communicating with the cell network. Infact, the service manual has a pin-point test for a situation where the TCU doens't reply to a scan tool. The Dealer techs should be following that. It Starts with checking BCM Fuse 11.

TCU - Located behind the cluster . IF you're rooting around in there, look for some cut-off wires. I'm trying to find the wiring pre-pack located on the window sticker.
Sponsored

Last edited: