When to order?

SM05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands, 2021 RAV4 TRD Offroad
Hi everyone,

I'm targeting getting new BS at the end of May, if I can pull that off. At that point I'll be hard pressed to get a car as I'm gonna be driving someone else's loaner. Seeing the unpredictability of the ordering process caused by production delays, which are apparently due to supply chain issues, when would you suggest ordering to try hitting my target window?

Alternative could be is to hope for local inventory availability by passing on some of my customization items (grey roof for instance, wheels choice, towing).

Any insight would be very much appreciated.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Petes

Badlands
First Name
Petes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee Limited
I had the same question since my current lease is up at the beginning of May. I decided to pull the trigger since I didn’t want to potentially be without a vehicle. I ordered a BL + BL Package January 9th and received a build date of March 15th. The only “extras” I ordered was the optional 235 tires.

My dealer says that it can take about 2 weeks to get it to me so I’m looking at an early April delivery if production holds up.

OP
OP
SM05

SM05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had the same question since my current lease is up at the beginning of May. I decided to pull the trigger since I didn’t want to potentially be without a vehicle. I ordered a BL + BL Package January 9th and received a build date of March 15th. The only “extras” I ordered was the optional 235 tires.

My dealer says that it can take about 2 weeks to get it to me so I’m looking at an early April delivery if production holds up.
That's very helpful, thank you. I understand it's a moving target - today's production delays could either be worse tomorrow or nonexistent at all. I just need a starting point.

Thinking the whole kitchen sink order - cactus grey, BL + BL package, towing, pilot-360, grey roof, 235 tires.

OP
OP
SM05

SM05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Seems like personal experience + some guestimate lands it at around 2-3 months, for now at least.

Thanks for all the feedback.

retiredguy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BB , 2020 Ecosport, 2017 Escape
I wanted to order a BB with the BB package but my dealer told me in early December there was a delay with the BB pkg. He said he could place an order in Mid January but had no idea when the car would be built. I decided to do a search to find a vehicle that had the 360 Assist, 18" wheels and tow package. I really didn't care about the moonroof .It was nice nice to have but not a deal breaker for me.

housecop

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep Cherokee
Lol when should you order? last July to get it by then.........good luck

Central Jersey

Big Bend
First Name
Mordechai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport big Bend
If you can take a dealer stock model just ask your local dealer for one.
I got my Bronco sport Big Bend off the dealers lot 2 weeks ago. I needed a new vehicle delivered on Monday . Friday I asked my independent broker for one , he located it and had it delivered on Monday . (My only requirements was tow pack and co pilot 360 in any color except red or brown )

Fordfan

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BRONCO SPORT OB
Ordered my OB on Jan 9th and they said 4-5 months.....I'm not holding my breath and wouldn't suprise me if I don't see it till July or August. This whole waiting thing is kinda fun actually...lol. It's like the day before Christmas for 4-7 months !!!. LOL

OP
OP
SM05

SM05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scheduled a test drive for this weekend. I'm interested in Badlands but they don't have any at that dealer, so gonna try Outer Banks one instead. I figured it'd still let me test the driving dynamics, seat comfort, visibility and overall fill of the vehicle. They OKed solo test drive, which is an added bonus.

OP
OP
SM05

SM05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The answer to my own question of "when" is - today. ? Made a deposit earlier today and had dealer submit a Borderlands + Borderlands package order for me. And the wait begins. I am patient. :ninja:

Dustymedic

Outer Banks
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid Red Bronco Sport OB
Definitely order now. I ordered almost 3 weeks ago and was given a build week of April 12. With the chip shortage and other logistics issues, I'll be surprised if happens then. Shipping can take weeks, depending on frogs falling from the sky, or whatever weird things happen in these times...

OP
OP
SM05

SM05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Agreed. I am committed now.

Crippsjr

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
In
Definitely order now. I ordered almost 3 weeks ago and was given a build week of April 12. With the chip shortage and other logistics issues, I'll be surprised if happens then. Shipping can take weeks, depending on frogs falling from the sky, or whatever weird things happen in these times...
How long between your order confirmation email and the email with the production date and vin?

Huntyeraws

Big Bend
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford BS BB
OK, I ordered a BB with BB package on Monday February 15th. I received an e-mail confirmation of the order being placed that evening from Ford. Today on February 18th, I get an e-mail confirmation that my vehicle is scheduled to be built on the week of May 10th. So it looks like I am looking at about 13 weeks after order date for build week and maybe 2 more weeks to delivery before the end of May. I just hope that I can get it delivered before the first week of June.
Sponsored