North7

Badlands
First Name
North7
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
I cannot remember where I should post this (feel free to move).

I finally stopped by my dealer today. They have been fiddling with the Ford rep for a week trying to figure out some of the confusion caused by differences between the configurator that we see and the ordering system that they see. In particular the weird thing we have all noticed on the BL+BL with the fake steelies and the 235/65R17 A/T tires... how it seems to cost $300 if you just pick the wheel and it says with the A/T tire included OR it costs $495 for the tire (and the wheel is included).

He said that the configurator is wrong and that their system is showing that if you want both, the combination is $795.

Not great news but maybe makes sense. It seems that they have a rules problem in the configurator. (again, i have sympathy cuz I worked on the configurator for the Boeing 777 and it was a nightmare to validate).
But the configurator for the 777 is 10,000 times more complicatied than the Bronco Sport.

Signed, former IFE engineer who built configs for all models of Boeing.
Sponsored

JamesT

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Canyon, Fiat Spider 124, Bronco Sport Badlands
But the configurator for the 777 is 10,000 times more complicatied than the Bronco Sport.

Signed, former IFE engineer who built configs for all models of Boeing.
of course, Boeing had some of the world’s best on that effort! :)

VapourTrails

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW
I just found this post... sorry for being late to the party... the Scorpion's sound great. 50,000 mile warranty sounds good too. Here's the literature on that specific tire. Am I missing something in being okay with these tires... not a combative question by the way, genuinely curious. You all have a vast knowledge on tires, but for the first timer, are we getting screwed at the drive through... doesn't seem like it.

"The Pirelli Scorpion All Terrain Plus is an all-terrain tire developed for the North American market that combines Pirelli’s advanced compound technologies with an aggressive all-terrain tire. This a big upgrade from the previous Scorpion ATR and provides the light truck and SUV owner with a durable, high traction, balanced experience. The Scorpion All Terrain Plus offers a great looking tire that is optimized for traction and wear as well as low noise and winter weather conditions.

The 225/65R17 Pirelli Scorpion All Terrain Plus has a diameter of 28.5", a width of 9", mounts on a 17" rim and has 729 revolutions per mile. It weighs 29 lbs, has a max load of 1874 lbs, a maximum air pressure of 51 psi, a tread depth of 13/32" and should be used on a rim width of 6-8"."
Is this the right tire? The Ford listing just says Pirelli all terrain and does not mention the plus. There seems to be two different tires with the plus being the newer and more aggressive version.

BobSlydel21

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry
Is this the right tire? The Ford listing just says Pirelli all terrain and does not mention the plus. There seems to be two different tires with the plus being the newer and more aggressive version.
If memory serves all I did was plug in the actual number letter designate of 225/65R17 in the Google machine...it has been a while to be fair, and I guarantee more seasoned folks can and hopefully will chime in.

BobSlydel21

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry
I cannot remember where I should post this (feel free to move).

I finally stopped by my dealer today. They have been fiddling with the Ford rep for a week trying to figure out some of the confusion caused by differences between the configurator that we see and the ordering system that they see. In particular the weird thing we have all noticed on the BL+BL with the fake steelies and the 235/65R17 A/T tires... how it seems to cost $300 if you just pick the wheel and it says with the A/T tire included OR it costs $495 for the tire (and the wheel is included).

He said that the configurator is wrong and that their system is showing that if you want both, the combination is $795.

Not great news but maybe makes sense. It seems that they have a rules problem in the configurator. (again, i have sympathy cuz I worked on the configurator for the Boeing 777 and it was a nightmare to validate).
Did you see a video of the full size spare... I know it’s not going to be as glamorous as the steelies any of us buy, but the spare looked like the steelie and it’s full size...

Jomo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Not from the photos. The stock Badlands tire is a Pirelli Scorpion ATR. It’s not as aggressive as the All Terrain Plus nor as good. The 235 Falken tire upgrade is more than just bigger tire, it’s a better tire.

Cactusjk

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
So is a 235 the largest tire you can go with on the stock BL rims without rubbing? I have no plans for a lift. Would like some BFG KO2s though.

Jmuns

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BL
So is a 235 the largest tire you can go with on the stock BL rims without rubbing? I have no plans for a lift. Would like some BFG KO2s though.
No. Search for 245 and you’ll see tons of threads. 245/65/17 is no problem on a BL.