Whats the Cheapest Price battery out there for 21 Sport?

AlpharettaOuterBank

Outer Banks
First Name
kdawg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outer bank
Im seeing 239 all over the place. I wasnt in the market for one, but I need to do something in the mean time of fighting my dealer who destroyed my perfectly working battery into a heap of junk.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

AlpharettaOuterBank

Outer Banks
First Name
kdawg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outer bank
How did they destroy it?
Specially? Hard to say.
All I know is I went in for the 2 recalls, went home and to work. Their printed invoice says battery at 85%.
Next day, car won’t start, all sort of error codes and warnings, check engine light, p0600 code the full gamut. I bring it back in within 3 days, they said they were going to spruce up the core. They print a new invoice of battery at 60% suggesting I get a new one. Just 4 days ago it was 85%. They are not attaching themselves to the overnight change in my battery after thier recall work which was drain tube and pcm reprogramming.
The battery is shooting up acid now and smoking inside the hood.

OP
OP

AlpharettaOuterBank

Outer Banks
First Name
kdawg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outer bank
Sport outer banks 55k, had it since July 2021. Never had any issues with it. Not once. I got lucky I guess but we only ever brought it in for oil changes never anything else. No after market stuff no accessories added to draining. Plain Jane.

To go from perfectly fine to shooting up acid in a matter of days out of the blue is unacceptable. I expect my vehicle to be given back to me in the condition I gave it, if not better. But each time I brought it in it kept getting worse and worse. Now I can’t move the car without fear of fire, and they aren’t taking responsibility.

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks Area51
Buy cheap, get cheap. Buy a name brand battery with a warranty. I personally will not buy a battery that states anymore than 3 years of life. An employee of Interstate battery once told be that on the average, a lead acid battery is good for 3 years; anything over that, your doing real good, so save your money on the 4 year batteries. I've had them last me 4 years in Florida, but we don't have the harsh winters like some in the north.

jkeaton

Big Bend
First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Big Bend / 2013 Escape Titanium
Buy cheap, get cheap. Buy a name brand battery with a warranty. I personally will not buy a battery that states anymore than 3 years of life. An employee of Interstate battery once told be that on the average, a lead acid battery is good for 3 years; anything over that, your doing real good, so save your money on the 4 year batteries. I've had them last me 4 years in Florida, but we don't have the harsh winters like some in the north.
I had a 3 year walmart everstart battery in my old 1995 Silverado. It lasted 7 years. I'm sold on everstart now.

OP
OP

AlpharettaOuterBank

Outer Banks
First Name
kdawg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outer bank
Thank you!
i hear ya, its just im in a jam it caught me off guard, i dont think im in for a long term solution. Since I feel this is the result of something done incorrectly at the dealership for recall work. And been doing some research, ESPECIALLY if its not just the battery, and the cars alternator or a program is overcharging it. Ive read it can do the same thing to the next battery. Which would be a waste. Obviously this needs to get diagnosed, but the dealerships de-facto diagnosis was the battery has a dead cell. So im going to start there,....inexpensively. But if theres anything after that its hard to trust anyone's opinion on the matter as i fear they're just trying to upsell work. i went into my dealer to get recalls done, and came out like this, I am not in a trusting mood these days.

OP
OP

AlpharettaOuterBank

Outer Banks
First Name
kdawg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outer bank
I had a 3 year walmart everstart battery in my old 1995 Silverado. It lasted 7 years. I'm sold on everstart now.

i was looking at getting that, $179. Wish my local had one which is walking distance.

davidg4781

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
I've heard Walmart batteries are not good (from an O'Reilly's employee) but they're cheaper than others and you can pretty much find a Walmart anywhere.

Looking on Consumer Reports, EverStarts are ranked in the top 5 in most categories.

Black Horse

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport, 2009 F250, 1999 Mustang Cobra
Rural King and Walmart were some of the best prices I found. RK didn't have it in stock but my local Wallyworld did. Nearly $90 cheaper than auto stores.

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks Area51
Thank you!
i hear ya, its just im in a jam it caught me off guard, i dont think im in for a long term solution. Since I feel this is the result of something done incorrectly at the dealership for recall work. And been doing some research, ESPECIALLY if its not just the battery, and the cars alternator or a program is overcharging it. Ive read it can do the same thing to the next battery. Which would be a waste. Obviously this needs to get diagnosed, but the dealerships de-facto diagnosis was the battery has a dead cell. So im going to start there,....inexpensively. But if theres anything after that its hard to trust anyone's opinion on the matter as i fear they're just trying to upsell work. i went into my dealer to get recalls done, and came out like this, I am not in a trusting mood these days.
If you have access to a volt/ohm meter (or multi-meter), set it to DC voltage, and place the black probe on the negative post of the battery, and the red probe on the positive post of the battery. Have a helper start the engine. You should read 13 plus volts at the battery with the engine running (alternator spinning). If less, then alternator is bad.

With engine off, you should read 12.6 to 12.8 volts on a good, well charged battery.

67L48

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350, 2023 BS BL
Before you get too carried away buying a new battery, you need to check your warranty. Your factory battery is covered by the 3/36 warranty and you may still have that coverage in play.
Sponsored