AndyMac204

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base / 1988 Dodge Power Ram w150
2015 civic si sedan. i regret selling it, but no need for 2 vehicles.

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
This is the time to trade it in because Ford is discontinuing them and the value for them as used is only going to go down. I was really lucky that there's a shortage of used vehicles at this time so even the Ecosport will bring good money.
Agreed 100%. Now is the time if the vehicle you’re in isn’t meeting your needs/wants, to plan a change.

BSBB4Les

Big Bend
First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'03 Mustang conv, '22 Bronco Sport (Spooky)
I can't argue with that. I'm 74 and I would have had a hard time giving up that mustang GT350! My wife's 03 is a red convertible w/white top. It's a 6 banger though. Just a top down summertime cruiser. Lol!

Bron Swanson

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Not sure what the resale values were pre-shortages for EcoSport but they were abysmal for Focus. They were really bad for the last gen Focus, particularly due to their infamous transmission issues. I thought I was stuck with my 2016 Focus since it was worth more to me than the depreciation. Yet somehow, when I first started checking what it was worth last year, it was around $11k. Into the summer it got up to $15k, when normally it should've been worth more no more than $10k.

I repeatedly talked myself out of moving to something like a Maverick or an Escape, even with the inflated values.

Then someone totaled it so I ended up getting back more than that. Still would've rather not been in the car when it happened, or to have taken the payout from e.g. Carvana instead, but alas.

So for now I have a shiny Bronco Sport.
I sold my 2012 Focus to Carmax to put it toward my BS. I probably could have gotten an extra 5k or more if I sold it person to person, but the Focus transmission was so horrible that I couldn't stomach the thought of selling it to someone else directly. I figured they would burn down my house if the transmission decided to die randomly again. Between that and taking the time off work / hassle / etc. of letting random people stop by and test drive it, I just said to heck with it and took a resale hit in order to be done with it.

With that said, I am loving my BS. I live in a hilly area and I had forgotten what it is like to not be afraid to go up a hill (or down a hill, or to take a left, or to just start the car...yeah, that Focus transmission was the worst). I am hoping to have my BS a long, long time. :)

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
2020 Ford Explorer ST
How did you find the ST? At the time I wanted to go ST but really was beyond what I could realistically budget for. Now that life has changed and the explorer no longer meets my needs I’m glad I didn’t put out extra cash for an ST.

RS1

Big Bend
First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
2016 Escape. 125,000 miles. It’s a company car. Light reconditioning and it’s still churning out the miles.

Seebs

Badlands
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badland/2013 Mustang Convertible
How did you find the ST? At the time I wanted to go ST but really was beyond what I could realistically budget for. Now that life has changed and the explorer no longer meets my needs I’m glad I didn’t put out extra cash for an ST.
2009 VW Jetta Sportwagen SEL 2.0 Turbo/6-speed

MaxVelocity

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Traded in our 2012 Focus w/128,000 miles that we bought new.