DWG

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge, 2024 Bronco Sport Badlands
Shown on bottom left page 10 of 22 owners Manual. Also on bottom of page 39. No real description in 22 manual

This is from my 24 manual: If seat belts are buckled and there is nothing in a seat that has enough weight to trigger warning lamp I would suggest visiting dealer for a malfunction.

SEATBELT WARNING LAMP
AND INDICATOR CHIME E71880
This lamp illuminates and an
indicator chime will sound if the
driver seatbelt has not been
fastened when the vehicle's ignition is
turned on.
Sponsored

rms34208

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape 2013 SEL
If that's what it means, why is the picture not in the list of symbols in the manual? And why have I never seen it before?
Remember if you own an Iphone ā€¦ point the camera to the dash symbol and it will id it for you.

rms34208

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape 2013 SEL
Interested to know ā€¦. Another recall has been issued for the Rear lights on some Sports and all Mavericksā€¦.since it is an update can it be transmitted by wifi update
and not at the Dealership?

cprcubed

Big Bend
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cyber Orange BS BB, 1997 Ford F250 HD 7.3 PSD
If it's an actual recall, I'll bet it has to be taken in for the service. They will want it documented that any (recall) update was performed and verified. Cheers!

RushMan

Badlands
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Shadow Black Badlands
Why is everyone talking about a fuel indicator?? That is clearly a st belt warning.
The OP said, "to the left of the fuel gage. "
That's the fuel door location indicator, as others have posted.

Edit: That's a handy thing to know, if you ever rent a car, whether for business, vacation, or other need, you'll want to know which side of the car that the fuel filler is located before you pull into a filling station.

Last edited:

Big Ben

Big Bend
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
[/QUO
Ahhh.... my mistake, thanks.

RushMan

Badlands
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Shadow Black Badlands
Ahhh.... my mistake, thanks.
I'm guilty of having misread posts and just as bad, skipped typing words on my own posts which can change the meaning of a post. :oops:
That's not why I got the moniker RushMan. I was always being recruited/"volunteered" for Rush projects at work, and the graphic arts department changed my name from Russ to Rush and then RushMan.
I used it on CompuServe when I was an Assistant Sysop for FSFORUM and continued when high speed Internet became available.

Last edited:

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Interested to know ā€¦. Another recall has been issued for the Rear lights on some Sports and all Mavericksā€¦.since it is an update can it be transmitted by wifi update
and not at the Dealership?
Itā€™s not 100% clear if a software update (except for Ford Sync and the optional Ford Nav both on the APIM) can be transmitted to a vehicle over WiFi. A Ford Tech stated yes and others say no.

rltotten

Big Bend
First Name
Randal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport, 2018 Highlander, 2013 Victory
If that's what it means, why is the picture not in the list of symbols in the manual? And why have I never seen it before?
It took me literally 35 years of driving before I noticed this symbol on my dash ... just indicates which side to fill the vehicle ... your not alone ...šŸ˜‚

Cjdicesare

Outer Banks
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Outer Banks and Lincoln MKC
But I could swear in two years I have never seen it before?
Not to be that guy, but the gas pump side icon is on every vehicleā€¦ you mean to tell me throughout every car truck and suv youā€™ve ever owned youā€™ve never noticed it?

Iā€™d be more concerned with that than anything else mate.

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Not to be that guy, but the gas pump side icon is on every vehicleā€¦ you mean to tell me throughout every car truck and suv youā€™ve ever owned youā€™ve never noticed it?

I think thatā€™s an inside voice we all have on this topic

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition

Letā€™s not jump to any conclusions. Many people purchase a new vehicle and drive it for 20 years or more until its next destination Is the junk yard. Not sure that is the case here but also there are a lot of symbols on a car dash. As someone else pointed out, this is such an issue that Apple made their phones capable of telling you what the symbols mean. BTW, they also tell you what all the symbols on your clothing labels mean for wash/care.
Sponsored