What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today?

OP
OP
MKohlman

MKohlman

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands, Fiesta ST
Installed a Redline Hood Lift kit to my BS Badlands today:

2021+ Ford Bronco SPORT Hood QuickLIFT PLUS (redlinetuning.com)

Redline has been around for a while and I've bought their kits for past rides (a 2001 Ford Escape XLT and a 2008 Honda Ridgeline) so I had been keeping an eye out for a Bronco Sport kit and they are now shipping them.

As with past kits from Redline, the engineering and quality, right down to the packaging and instructions were excellent. Took less than hour to install, including the time I took to take pictures and video.

This kit is also being discussed in this thread as well if anyone wants to specifically talk about it:

Hood Struts | 2021+ Ford Bronco Sport Forum - Broncosportforum.com

Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? 20210604_171152

Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? 20210604_171733

Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? 20210604_173203_LI

Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? 20210604_173440

johnardsg

Big Bend
First Name
johnard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BS BigBend/2011 v6 Rav4
Installed a Redline Hood Lift kit to my BS Badlands today:

2021+ Ford Bronco SPORT Hood QuickLIFT PLUS (redlinetuning.com)

Redline has been around for a while and I've bought their kits for past rides (a 2001 Ford Escape XLT and a 2008 Honda Ridgeline) so I had been keeping an eye out for a Bronco Sport kit and they are now shipping them.

As with past kits from Redline, the engineering and quality, right down to the packaging and instructions were excellent. Took less than hour to install, including the time I took to take pictures and video.

This kit is also being discussed in this thread as well if anyone wants to specifically talk about it:

Hood Struts | 2021+ Ford Bronco Sport Forum - Broncosportforum.com

Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? 20210604_171152

Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? 20210604_171733

Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? 20210604_173203_LI

Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? 20210604_173440

i want one too! btw your BS hood has an underhood cover, my bigbend doesnt have one, did you buy that or was it included in the purchase of the BS?

OP
OP
MKohlman

MKohlman

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
i want one too! btw your BS hood has an underhood cover, my bigbend doesnt have one, did you buy that or was it included in the purchase of the BS?
The underhood cover was OEM on my Badlands. Didn't realize that Ford wasn't doing it on all models.

johnardsg

Big Bend
First Name
johnard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BS BigBend/2011 v6 Rav4
The underhood cover was OEM on my Badlands. Didn't realize that Ford wasn't doing it on all models.
Thanks for the info, now i want to know if other BigBend owners dont have underhood cover/insulations too. If im the only one, im going to :explode::curse:...

Slewis95407

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport, 2020 Sylvansport Go, 2012 Focus
Thanks for the info, now i want to know if other BigBend owners dont have underhood cover/insulations too. If im the only one, im going to :explode::curse:...
Your not the only one. My BB no cover.

OP
OP
MKohlman

MKohlman

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Still knocking off a number of "checklist" items on our little Badlands. Today it was joining the Curt Trailer Hitch club:

Took about a month the get the hitch (ordered it from realtrucks.com, which at the time had the best price) but that was far better than the Ford Dealer Kit, which still seems to be completely mythological in nature.

Since installation has been covered elsewhere by others I won't go into a lot of detail in this post. Just a couple of quick comments:

* Best installation video I've found is the U-Haul video. Better than Curt's instructions (which aren't that bad, but leave some key installation tips out) and my installation experience lined up well with it:

* As mentioned in the U-Haul video, you will have widen the hole in the frame to fish the bolts in. Because of this, I did take a bit of extra time/effort to paint the hole with a rust-sealing frame paint as well as coated the frame bolts for the hitch for just a little additional protection.

* You are definitely going to want something to raise the hitch into place and hold it there while securing the bolts. I used a hydraulic floor jack, which worked surprisingly well.

No wiring yet as I plan on installing a 7-way wiring set-up and I'm still doing the research on that.

But overall, I'm happy with how the installation went.

Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? 20210605_1047552

Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? 20210605_1405362

lej51201

Big Bend
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
One of the things that bugged me a bit was that Ford chose to equip my Badlands with LED lighting everywhere BUT the taillight turn signals, brake lights, and backup lights. So today I took care of that and changed out the bulbs with LEDs:

Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? 20210123_103454(0)_tonemapped

For those are interested, the LED Bulb types you'll need are as follows:

Turn - 921 Amber
Brake - 3157 Red
Backup - 7443 White

Installation was a snap. Changing out the bulbs is well documented in the owner's manual but all you need is a 10mm nut driver or socket wrench. Always be careful when working the housing tabs off of the studs (you REALLY don't want to break one of those) but the whole change-out took me less than 15 minutes.

Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? 20210123_102405_tonemapped

I used bulbs from Diode Dynamics (www.diodedynamics.com) as they are an American based company and the quality of their products as well as customer support are outstanding (3 year warranty, but I've had them in my Fiesta ST for nearly 6 years now without a failure). But for those on a budget there are admittedly less expensive options out there.

While it's hard to see in the daylight pic, the backup LEDs are probably the biggest improvement in the cars I've put them in, with a noticeably brighter and whiter light than stock.

lej51201

Big Bend
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
LED's are always a great (and relatively simple) upgrade. I followed your link to DiodeDynamics but the numbers don't seen to match up when I searched by vehicle (2021 Ford Bronco Sport).
Sponsored