What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today?

lej51201

Big Bend
First Name
Larry
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
One of the things that bugged me a bit was that Ford chose to equip my Badlands with LED lighting everywhere BUT the taillight turn signals, brake lights, and backup lights. So today I took care of that and changed out the bulbs with LEDs:

20210123_103454(0)_tonemapped.jpg

For those are interested, the LED Bulb types you'll need are as follows:

Turn - 921 Amber
Brake - 3157 Red
Backup - 7443 White

Installation was a snap. Changing out the bulbs is well documented in the owner's manual but all you need is a 10mm nut driver or socket wrench. Always be careful when working the housing tabs off of the studs (you REALLY don't want to break one of those) but the whole change-out took me less than 15 minutes.

20210123_102405_tonemapped.jpg

I used bulbs from Diode Dynamics (www.diodedynamics.com) as they are an American based company and the quality of their products as well as customer support are outstanding (3 year warranty, but I've had them in my Fiesta ST for nearly 6 years now without a failure). But for those on a budget there are admittedly less expensive options out there.

While it's hard to see in the daylight pic, the backup LEDs are probably the biggest improvement in the cars I've put them in, with a noticeably brighter and whiter light than stock.

Advertisement

lej51201

Big Bend
First Name
Larry
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
LED's are always a great (and relatively simple) upgrade. I followed your link to DiodeDynamics but the numbers don't seen to match up when I searched by vehicle (2021 Ford Bronco Sport).

OP
MKohlman

MKohlman

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands, Fiesta ST
LED's are always a great (and relatively simple) upgrade. I followed your link to DiodeDynamics but the numbers don't seen to match up when I searched by vehicle (2021 Ford Bronco Sport).
A lot of vendors still don't have their "lookups" updated to include the BS, and some are still kind of hit-and-miss. When I ordered mine back in January, it took a couple of emails with Diode Dynamics to figure it out. The type numbers are definitely correct and there have been several forum members who have successfully swapped them out. Mine still work great.

ScareCrow

Badlands
First Name
Burl
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EcoSport

13MikeH

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD BRONCO SPORT BADLANDS AREA 51
Applied my first coat of DIY ceramic using Meguiar's M27 pro ceramic coating. Went on easy buffed out easy. I was able to cover the entire vehicle before buffing it out. I can see and feel a big difference.
PXL_20210610_232336151.jpg

Bronco7221

Badlands
First Name
Christian
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Nitro
We have been getting a few things done to our BS Badlands over the last few weeks! Not all things are pictured here, but you have any requests for photos or questions let me know :)

-Complete Front End Mask including Headlights, Foglights, Bumper (painted portion), Hood, and Front Fenders. Plus masking inside the Door Handles and on the Door Edges.
-Ceramic Tinted Windows with 35% Tint on the front and they did clear Ceramic on the rest of the windows that already had the privacy glass.
-Window Deflectors.
-Door Sill Protectors.
-Rear Bumper Protector.
-Bronco Hitch Plug.
-Ford Performance Rear License Plate Cover.
-Decals for the Third Windows.
-Black Decals for the Bronco letters on the rear.
-White and Black Ford Decal.
-Then we added a couple of smaller Bronco Sport decals as additional ‘Easter Eggs’ if you will.

5AEE10F7-01B0-4E1C-898A-A8C538D10242.jpeg

4AACFA8A-CE84-415B-B2CA-14B6B096C735.jpeg

8A24EA3F-8BF0-45AE-8971-5BE71A898DD2.jpeg

19CB5DC8-3EC1-4004-8D6B-97A803479638.jpeg

0A4AC6B0-ACCB-473B-A593-A6B6D7514CB8.jpeg

8BBDBB78-9657-4F92-9656-7AF20CCC2FAE.jpeg

765B55B2-896D-4581-A2D8-B47938B178DC.jpeg

3C4F932D-B0EE-470B-AC79-C48600F58019.jpeg

KAnoe

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger, 2017 Subaru Crosstrek
We have been getting a few things done to our BS Badlands over the last few weeks! Not all things are pictured here, but you have any requests for photos or questions let me know :)

-Complete Front End Mask including Headlights, Foglights, Bumper (painted portion), Hood, and Front Fenders. Plus masking inside the Door Handles and on the Door Edges.
-Ceramic Tinted Windows with 35% Tint on the front and they did clear Ceramic on the rest of the windows that already had the privacy glass.
-Window Deflectors.
-Door Sill Protectors.
-Rear Bumper Protector.
-Bronco Hitch Plug.
-Ford Performance Rear License Plate Cover.
-Decals for the Third Windows.
-Black Decals for the Bronco letters on the rear.
-White and Black Ford Decal.
-Then we added a couple of smaller Bronco Sport decals as additional ‘Easter Eggs’ if you will.

765B55B2-896D-4581-A2D8-B47938B178DC.jpeg
Looks great! Did you change the front Bronco color to CG? And can you provide the supplier for the with and black logo?

13MikeH

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We have been getting a few things done to our BS Badlands over the last few weeks! Not all things are pictured here, but you have any requests for photos or questions let me know
again outstanding personalizations. I like the flags, particularly the colorado tribute on the rear passenger window. Nice balance of 'ME' and clean. I think all of the mods everyone has done is part of the enthusiasm and what this sport is all about. Smiles per miles are through the roof.

DawnMac

Big Bend
First Name
Dawn
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Wow, I'm so envious of all the additions... they look great!
@ScareCrow. I don't notice any difference in air noise with the window deflectors. Actually, I haven't driven it on the highway yet.

Bronco7221

Badlands
First Name
Christian
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Nitro
Looks great! Did you change the front Bronco color to CG? And can you provide the supplier for the with and black logo?
Thanks! We didn’t change the front lettering at all. It is still white, but looking back at the pictures it does kind of look CG in them!

For the Ford Logo we got it off of Etsy (link below) with the Satin Black Background and Matte White lettering.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/963201590/ford-2021-bronco-emblem-overlay-badge?ref=yr_purchases

Bronco7221

Badlands
First Name
Christian
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Nitro
again outstanding personalizations. I like the flags, particularly the colorado tribute on the rear passenger window. Nice balance of 'ME' and clean. I think all of the mods everyone has done is part of the enthusiasm and what this sport is all about. Smiles per miles are through the roof.
Thank you! We really like it. Shout out to @VortexSigns for the window and letter decals. They put together that Colorado one as a custom order and even included some sprigs of Wheat in the bottom left corner of the decal because my wife is originally from Kansas. We wanted something totally unique and they did a great job. 👍

13MikeH

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you! We really like it. Shout out to @VortexSigns for the window and letter decals. They put together that Colorado one as a custom order and even included some sprigs of Wheat in the bottom left corner of the decal because my wife is originally from Kansas. We wanted something totally unique and they did a great job. 👍
outstanding. That's remarkable customer service.

Advertisement

Advertisement