What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today?

Zooke

Big Bend
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Yes, the Yakima racks sit lower and still the moonroof opens. I bought through through the Ford dealer. There is a bit of wind noise but not terrible.
Thanks so much! Very helpful. Sounds like I need to swap these bad boys out :)
Sponsored

JamesT

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Canyon, Fiat Spider 124, Bronco Sport Badlands
How flexible are those mud flaps? I'd wonder how they hold up coming off of a curb or rock.
These ones are from Ford. They are molded, not that flexible. I guess time will tell how they will hold up. I like them so far.

DakotaTimber

Badlands
First Name
DakotaTimber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL + BL, 360+, tow +
I have meant to share what I have done during my first three weeks with our BL+BL.

Paint Protection front, headlights, door edges and cups, and front window tint. Here are some pix of how well this looks. The paint protection shop had cutting patterns for the Bronco Sport so did not use Ford's more expensive kit.
IMG_3925[1].JPG

Rear bumper protection. Becuase we have a dog who jumps up and down. The Paint Protection guys applied this for me since it must be at least 65 degrees to apply and that isn't happening in Seattle any time soon.
IMG_3918[1].JPG

Mud flaps front and back. (Front required drilling a few holes; rear was easy, even for me!)
IMG_3920[1].JPG

Deflating the tires to 33 PSI (cuz Ford ships them with way too much air!). Also got the Viair inflator for when I need to go the other direction.
IMG_3929[1].JPG

Yakima Jetstream crossbars (much better than Ford bars in my opinion) and a Yakima Megawarrior basket (lighter than LockNLoad which is important due to moonroof restrictions). The Megawarrior fits well. While not listed in accessories.ford.com, my Ford dealer got it for me at a cheaper price than anywhere else.
IMG_3922[1].JPG

TGL Hitch Step. I like this. Has been helpful to get up higher and like the fact it can be used as a rear tow hook. Also added the Curt hitch lock and the StowAway Hitch Tightener to make sure the TGL does not rattle.
IMG_3915[1].JPG

Cargo Area Protector for Full Size Spare. Has a lower mat and protectors for back of rear seat, encompassing the rear in rubber. (see the "dog" reference above).

Tent. I also bought the Napier Sportz SUV tent from my Ford dealer and the awesome, comfortable, lightweight, and insulated Kingdom Sleep System 40 air mattress from REI.

Finally, for now, I have decided that I kinda like the white letters on the Cactus Gray. :) I'm gonna keep that for now.

That's all for now.

Still trying to figure out how to go forward with mounting my mobile radio & antenna. That is a project for a bit warmer time.

I'm happy for suggestions.

IMG_3925[1].JPG

IMG_3920[1].JPG

IMG_3929[1].JPG

IMG_3929[1].JPG

IMG_3918[1].JPG

IMG_3922[1].JPG

IMG_3915[1].JPG
which PPF?

JamesT

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

SM05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands, 2021 RAV4 TRD Offroad
I have meant to share what I have done during my first three weeks with our BL+BL.

Paint Protection front, headlights, door edges and cups, and front window tint. Here are some pix of how well this looks. The paint protection shop had cutting patterns for the Bronco Sport so did not use Ford's more expensive kit.
IMG_3925[1].JPG

Rear bumper protection. Becuase we have a dog who jumps up and down. The Paint Protection guys applied this for me since it must be at least 65 degrees to apply and that isn't happening in Seattle any time soon.
IMG_3918[1].JPG

Mud flaps front and back. (Front required drilling a few holes; rear was easy, even for me!)
IMG_3920[1].JPG

Deflating the tires to 33 PSI (cuz Ford ships them with way too much air!). Also got the Viair inflator for when I need to go the other direction.
IMG_3929[1].JPG

Yakima Jetstream crossbars (much better than Ford bars in my opinion) and a Yakima Megawarrior basket (lighter than LockNLoad which is important due to moonroof restrictions). The Megawarrior fits well. While not listed in accessories.ford.com, my Ford dealer got it for me at a cheaper price than anywhere else.
IMG_3922[1].JPG

TGL Hitch Step. I like this. Has been helpful to get up higher and like the fact it can be used as a rear tow hook. Also added the Curt hitch lock and the StowAway Hitch Tightener to make sure the TGL does not rattle.
IMG_3915[1].JPG

Cargo Area Protector for Full Size Spare. Has a lower mat and protectors for back of rear seat, encompassing the rear in rubber. (see the "dog" reference above).

Tent. I also bought the Napier Sportz SUV tent from my Ford dealer and the awesome, comfortable, lightweight, and insulated Kingdom Sleep System 40 air mattress from REI.

Finally, for now, I have decided that I kinda like the white letters on the Cactus Gray. :) I'm gonna keep that for now.

That's all for now.

Still trying to figure out how to go forward with mounting my mobile radio & antenna. That is a project for a bit warmer time.

I'm happy for suggestions.

IMG_3925[1].JPG
How expensive was the paint protection if you don't mind my asking? Thanks.

Shiskamba

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Focus SE Hatch
I noticed that only the 60" cross rails come up when you add the BS on most websites. Has anyone had a bad experience installing the 50" Yakimas or 53" Thules? I am trying to shorten up the length of them, but don't want to compromise their capacity.
I’ve seen photos of the 50” installed. Just barely clears the outside edge of rails. Personally, I’d go 53” and mount as low as possible for less noise.

Zooke

Big Bend
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I’ve seen photos of the 50” installed. Just barely clears the outside edge of rails. Personally, I’d go 53” and mount as low as possible for less noise.
This is exactly what I needed to hear. Thank you so much mate! Huge help.

JamesT

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How expensive was the paint protection if you don't mind my asking? Thanks.
It was about $900 and change. I posted a breakdown in this thread. According to my neighbor, a body shop supervisor, it is a pretty fair price.

SM05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands, 2021 RAV4 TRD Offroad

Zooke

Big Bend
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Here’s the photo. Taken from another post on this forum.
1615424696725.jpeg
Oh great...I'm trying to eye ball it and I think it would still clear the moon roof. Right? I can't imagine Ford would make the side rails lower than the height of the moon roof open. However, I was nervous about that which is why I opted for the OEM cross bars first. But I like that the Thules still raise the height just a little bit in case cargo basket sags.

Elboy

Badlands
First Name
Elden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
How flexible are those mud flaps? I'd wonder how they hold up coming off of a curb or rock.
not much of an explanation but pretty stiff. they do hinder departure angles. i’ve banged mine a few times, they still look fine. not bent in any way but would prefer some loose ones

broncobuster2550

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Something slow
Oh great...I'm trying to eye ball it and I think it would still clear the moon roof. Right? I can't imagine Ford would make the side rails lower than the height of the moon roof open. However, I was nervous about that which is why I opted for the OEM cross bars first. But I like that the Thules still raise the height just a little bit in case cargo basket sags.
The moonroof will stick up above Badlands roof rails by 32mm, and above Base/BB/OB roof rails by 44mm when fully open. The tallest point of the glass will be at about the middle of the middle rail support.

Stitch50

Base
First Name
AK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport / Ram 1500
Installed the hood deflector, and the rain guards! Also FYI if you need a windshield replacement expect to wait a few weeks, as they have to be dealer ordered. I expected as much as it’s a brand new vehicle.... stupid highway rocks....
Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? 70E437B6-E769-4174-A8D1-EAC1234FF6DF
Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? BC925512-DB2C-4A3A-8C85-A5A1D176E40C
Sponsored