Bpreston

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
When I get mine I am having the pillars PPF applied.
Do you know if there is a template for measurements of the BS's for the PPF? I spoke with an auto wrap group that had been recalling not seeing those measurements within his software tools just yet. I was curious, lmk. thanks!
Sponsored

DakotaTimber

Badlands
First Name
DakotaTimber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL + BL, 360+, tow +
Do you know if there is a template for measurements of the BS's for the PPF? I spoke with an auto wrap group that had been recalling not seeing those measurements within his software tools just yet. I was curious, lmk. thanks!
Xpel has one P0574F-U (xpel.com)

JamesT

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Canyon, Fiat Spider 124, Bronco Sport Badlands
The shop I went to, Hoglunds in Everett WA had the patterns for the BS in their system. They have an NC machine to cut the vinyl from the plans. Couldn’t be happier with the results. Front, handle cups, door edges, window tint, and they also applied the Ford rear bumper protector for me (cuz it must be applied at 65 degrees F or higher and that doesn’t happen here until July).

First Name
Rodrigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting
The shop I went to, Hoglunds in Everett WA had the patterns for the BS in their system. They have an NC machine to cut the vinyl from the plans. Couldn’t be happier with the results. Front, handle cups, door edges, window tint, and they also applied the Ford rear bumper protector for me (cuz it must be applied at 65 degrees F or higher and that doesn’t happen here until July).
Could you please show us some pictures?

Bobaloo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford
I would say my biggest complaint so far with my BB is the steering wheel.

Compared to other compact SUVs I've driven such as the Nissan Rogue or Jeep Renegade, they were both thicker and larger. Made the vehicle feel bigger than it was. This BS is screaming for a similar style steering wheel. One reviewer's best guess is it's size was set this way to save cost, but it is the most pivotal touchpoint in my opinion, and from what I've seen on youtube, even the Ford Escape's looks larger.

I have the BB package so mine is leather-wrapped, but I'm thinking of wrapping it again just to make it feel less toy-like. Is that crazy?

Am I the only one who feels this way? Ha!
Just get one of those slip-over wheel covers at Walmart or wherever, makes a world of difference. There are all kinds of looks and feels, find one that's just right for ya.

tallmansd

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Which one did you buy if you don't me asking? You liking it better with it?
I got a cheap one from Walmart. It is padded, so it made the wheel quite thick. I've gotten used to it. I plan to get one of the leather covers that you stitch up yourself, probably this spring. They aren't expensive or anything, but I am fine with what I have for now.

Slickrock

Badlands
First Name
Slick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
Well. I finally visited a dealer that had one on the lot. My fat ass was not impressed with the seats, and my back wasn't impressed with the support on the base model seats. The info panel also is annoying to me, but I'm also not used to them.

Think I'm gonna take a step back and wait for some other competitors to be on the market, and then take a fresh look at everything in the fall.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
Yeah I find the seats perfect. For me.
5' 11" @ 160 pounds. Plenty of leg and head room front and back..
But,,
If I was a big boy, wide load style I'd pass on the Baby Bronc.
I can see where a size 48 waist might not fit well.
I do believe it would not fit me so well if also built to accommodate corn fed and country raised...
I'd bet the Big Bronco will hold more.
:'P

Excape

Outer Banks
First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Think I'm gonna take a step back and wait for some other competitors to be on the market, and then take a fresh look at everything in the fall.
I've been thinking the same. I am down to my 2WD truck now, but winter weather is basically over in my area, and I have time to hold off and see what becomes available this year.

I would have maintained my excitement and engagement longer had there been more granularity regarding options.

Central Jersey

Big Bend
First Name
Mordechai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport big Bend
My lower bumper got damaged off-road 2x
Replaced it the first time

Second time was today . Got stuck in soft sand( I need off-road tires ASAP ) . -bumper broke from to much stress when the soft sand piled up in front of it. I can live with this much damage
the first time it was worse ( wheel well liner got lose as well)

Ford Bronco Sport Any Complaints so far? image

Slickrock

Badlands
First Name
Slick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
Yeah I find the seats perfect. For me.
5' 11" @ 160 pounds. Plenty of leg and head room front and back..
But,,
If I was a big boy, wide load style I'd pass on the Baby Bronc.
I can see where a size 48 waist might not fit well.
I'm not that big, but.. yeah... It's probably something I could get used to, as I'm not hitting the door or anything, but coming from my Ridgeline, it's not the ideal fit. (And to be fair, the Sport has better seats than many of the competitors I looked at).

Also need to sit in a BL with the power seats to see if that helps at all to adjust the feel.

Slickrock

Badlands
First Name
Slick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
I've been thinking the same. I am down to my 2WD truck now, but winter weather is basically over in my area, and I have time to hold off and see what becomes available this year.

I would have maintained my excitement and engagement longer had there been more granularity regarding options.
Other thing for me is waiting for my work to define what the new normal is. If I continue WFH 4+ days a week it opens up more options, but if I go back to the office full time, and gas headed to $4+ a gallon and sitting on the 405, well, some hybrid might be in order.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
Also need to sit in a BL with the power seats to see if that helps at all to adjust the feel.
Yeah my base, up down/ fwd and back. But not the angle of attack...
I assume power seats would have tilt ? Raises the front seat edge or drop the back..

Bpreston

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Yeah my base, up down/ fwd and back. But not the angle of attack...
I assume power seats would have tilt ? Raises the front seat edge or drop the back..
Unfortunately they do not, that would have been great. The 8-way is really 6 when you take 2 of those for lumbar support. They go up and down, fwd and back, and then the seat back tilts forward and back, then you have the lumbar inflate/deflate. would have loved the tilt.
Sponsored