What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today?

GizzardLizard

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Got my oil first oil change/tire rotation yesterday. Using my Ford Pass points so I don't have to pay anything out of pocket.

Also went to a local dealer saw a rare sight a couple days ago: alto blue Badlands on a dealer lot. $5k markup and no options except the tow package and cargo management so I see why its there. Still nice to see though. I love my BB but I think trading into a Badlands within the next couple years is my goal.

Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? 20220814_223248
Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? 20220814_223955

PonyDriver43

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang EB Premium, 13 F150 Lariat, 18 Tahoe
Installed some lights.
Thank you to all previous posters who shared ideas and wiring thoughts as well as how to remove/replace air box & cover plate behind grille.

Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? IMG_1320

Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? IMG_1323

Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? IMG_1324

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 bronco sport
Now that forum members are getting some Bronco Sports to own and love, I thought it would be cool to begin a thread that is often found on other enthusiast boards.

Got your hands a bit dirty working on your Little Bronco recently? Dressed it up? Did a detail? Or how about a mod? Give us a quick post, show us some pics. Share what you are doing to make your Sport uniquely yours.

I’ll kick off with a few items myself to get things started and hopefully we can keep the thread going.
Today I picked up and installed the Cross rails I ordered last week. I wanted the OEM part instead of the aftermarket choices.
Now that forum members are getting some Bronco Sports to own and love, I thought it would be cool to begin a thread that is often found on other enthusiast boards.

Got your hands a bit dirty working on your Little Bronco recently? Dressed it up? Did a detail? Or how about a mod? Give us a quick post, show us some pics. Share what you are doing to make your Sport uniquely yours.

I’ll kick off with a few items myself to get things started and hopefully we can keep the thread going.
Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? 5B7F2E04-BBF4-4A0D-8570-D507BEB1594D

Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? B58C6C9A-78AB-4D3A-8C25-338CF29CB76A

Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? 6D507B66-561E-4D67-B7F7-7E172D712ACD

paulflhx

Big Bend
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Had to wait for the weekend to do a quick video post of the installed LEDs but here it is:

There is always the "your mileage may vary" challenge, but for myself the P/N's and Brand LEDs I used work great with no "hyperblink".
this is a bit off topic, but I see your mpg is 16.3. Is that correct? Ifso, why so low?

CrazyKZ

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
Today I picked up and installed the Cross rails I ordered last week. I wanted the OEM part instead of the aftermarket choices.

Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? 5B7F2E04-BBF4-4A0D-8570-D507BEB1594D

Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? B58C6C9A-78AB-4D3A-8C25-338CF29CB76A

Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? 6D507B66-561E-4D67-B7F7-7E172D712ACD
Looks great! Can I ask why you went with the OEM cross rails? How do you find them different?

PonyDriver43

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What lights did you use? Looks really clean!
I used these:
https://www.amazon.com/Clearance-Marker-Trailer-Yellow-Waterproof/dp/B01I1CHWSG/ref=sr_1_7?crid=216OO5EBAKBEH&keywords=3/4"+smoked+amber+clearance+lights+partsam&qid=1660740400&sprefix=3/4+smoked+amber+clerance+lights+partsam,aps,75&sr=8-7

Used a step drill bit for 3/4" hole in plastic grill. Tied power (white in these ??) to the amber right front running light in the bumper. There is a hole in a metal body bracket near top passenger side of radiator. Put an "eye" termination on the ground wire, added a bolt & lock washer. Done, any time parking or headlights are on, so are grille lights. All splices are soildered and have heat shrink covering. (just hope they are reliable)

Last edited:

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 bronco sport
Looks great! Can I ask why you went with the OEM cross rails? How do you find them different?
Thanks CrazyKZ! I like original looks, keeping things as stock as I can but still useful. Anything ford offers as an accessory, I’ll start there first then look to aftermarket parts to fulfill my adventuring needs. The aftermarket finishes are too different for me; they stand out and draw my attention as where the OEM cross rails have the same coating and finish as the roof rack, blending in.

NEFKANO

Badlands
First Name
NEFTALI
Threads
Reaction score
Website
neftalicano.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Finally received some rain and more coming... aching to get out this weekend , but yes like a kid in a candy store I ventured out all of 2 blocks to see the wet stuff! HaHA... So consider it a preview of things to come : )

PonyDriver43

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Finally received some rain and more coming... aching to get out this weekend , but yes like a kid in a candy store I ventured out all of 2 blocks to see the wet stuff! HaHA... So consider it a preview of things to come : )

Page 256 in 2022 owners manual:

DRIVING THROUGH WATER LIMITATIONS Maximum Wading Depth Model Base, Big Bend, 17.7 in (450 mm) Outer Banks Badlands 23.6 in (600 mm) When you are driving though water do not exceed 4 mph (7 km/h).

NEFKANO

Badlands
First Name
NEFTALI
Threads
Reaction score
Website
neftalicano.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Page 256 in 2022 owners manual:

DRIVING THROUGH WATER LIMITATIONS Maximum Wading Depth Model Base, Big Bend, 17.7 in (450 mm) Outer Banks Badlands 23.6 in (600 mm) When you are driving though water do not exceed 4 mph (7 km/h).
Dude, I drove around them there puddles...lol. Still making payments...hahahaha
Sponsored