What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today?

BlueBayeux

Badlands
First Name
Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands, 2007 Cadillac Escalade
Finally got the hood deflector and door moldings attached -- originally bought for my 2021 that got totaled in September before I could put on the accessories, now added to my 2022.

I really, really like how the door moldings contrast with the hot pepper red color. I dearly miss the rapid red color my 2021 had and while I do like hot pepper red better than any other color that was available, it's been hard not to compare it to the rapid red that I loved. The moldings help a whole lot.

Now, I have over 50,000 FordPass points just burning a hole in my account. I'm debating what else to get -- splash guards? Fender flares? Rubber floor mats? (I'd get the floor mats in a heartbeat if it didn't mean having to store the carpet ones somewhere.)
Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? 2022-06-06_09-52-09_631

Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? 2022-06-06_09-52-39_824
Consider getting the rear roof spoiler. Looks amazing!
Sponsored

Elegance

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
My writing skills break down after about 500 words or so. A novel is right out.
I'll offer my personal editing services. I've got some sharp writing skills after completing my thesis a couple years ago. My federal job also involves a ton of writing at times. Your account of this process is an invaluable piece of history!

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'll offer my personal editing services. I've got some sharp writing skills after completing my thesis a couple years ago. My federal job also involves a ton of writing at times. Your account of this process is an invaluable piece of history!
My main talent is remembering things. I'm the guy at work who reminds people of the last time that particularly good idea fairy showed up and made everything skid sideways. In here I keep a decent record of what I've read and where I found it. I probably should write a post of what I learned and what I would expect if I were ordering another vehicle from Ford today.

Now if only I could remember why I'm standing in the kitchen, what app I wanted to open when I picked up my phone, or what this blank browser tab was for...

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Went driving a little this morning. Put another 75 miles or so on, up to nearly 250 now. Stopped by a local landmark place (amazing burgers) called Fat Smitty's.
Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? IMG_8362.JPG

Elegance

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Renewed my vehicle registration today. AZ only has the option to renew for 1, 2, or 5 years. I'm betting I won't even keep the Big Bend for another 3 months before my Badlands arrives. $420 down the drain. :sadface:

BoxerBronco

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford Edge ST Line, 22 BS Badlands
Went driving a little this morning. Put another 75 miles or so on, up to nearly 250 now. Stopped by a local landmark place (amazing burgers) called Fat Smitty's.
Ford Bronco Sport What did you do TO your Bronco Sport today? IMG_8362.JPG
Almost looks like you strapped that burger to your roof!:crackup:

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
Almost looks like you strapped that burger to your roof!:crackup:
Here I thought Dustin bought one of those fandangled overlanding dwellings for his roof.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
Poor Biscuit. Our DA would let it out on good behavior.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
The topside of my skid plate is looking kind of shitty after a salty Winter. The little clips for the bumper cover screws got pretty rusty as well. Perhaps a silicone spray is in order.
I've been using ACF-50 anti-corrosion lubricant for many years to keep my motorcycles free of corrosion free. After a good wash, spray a coat on all the components you want to protect at the start and end of each winter.

Slingy

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BL, 1970 T-Bird, 1972 T-Bird
I've been using ACF-50 anti-corrosion lubricant for many years to keep my motorcycles free of corrosion free. After a good wash, spray a coat on all the components you want to protect at the start and end of each winter.

Thanks Mark, I never heard of that product. I'll give it a try. Have you used it on your skid plate? I know you've been under there since you did a great write up of the process here on the forum. Just wondering how bad yours looked. Of coarse that's probably for another thread.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Thanks Mark, I never heard of that product. I'll give it a try. Have you used it on your skid plate? I know you've been under there since you did a great write up of the process here on the forum. Just wondering how bad yours looked. Of coarse that's probably for another thread.
I changed my oil after only 1,000 miles, and it was before the winter season, so it was pretty much brand new. That plate is beefy, so I can't imagine a single season's worth of corrosion would have an appreciable effect on it. Now that you know you can minimize any future grunge, and you should be good-to-go.
Sponsored