What’s the best repair for small dents and scratches??

awake1234

Heritage
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
As the title suggests, I’m looking to the community experience for help!!
Thx,
GB
Sponsored

OP
OP

awake1234

Heritage
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Thanks for the feedback. I used chipex - https://chipex.com/
but it was thick and didn’t settle well with the original paint layer.
You’re also suggesting a pro remove the dent, even if it’s small, rather than the suction method or hair dryer pop out method?

Alfa 2407

Big Bend
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
You’re also suggesting a pro remove the dent, even if it’s small, rather than the suction method or hair dryer pop out method?
You can do that but the dent repair I went to did an excellent job and only charged 60 $

KidWiff

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Heritage
Me personally?

If it were a plastic part (bumper), i'd go slowly and try the heat method to pop out the dent myself.

For a small dent to a standard (metal) body panel, i think i'd opt for one of the paint-less dent repair services to see what they can do.

If there are only light scratches in the paint, i'd try a compound or a product like Meguiar's scratch erase and then ceramic coat it (Mother's, Meguiar's, etc...)

If its a scratch/gouge that is down to bare metal, i'd think about calling a body shop to have it done professionally... i don't have the chops to take care of that (with a high level of confidence)

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
PDR is normally pretty reasonable. These guys are masters in my opinion. Best thing since sliced bread.

Alfa 2407

Big Bend
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I will post a photo of the damage on my car, a chip that went to bare metal when I'm able

OP
OP

awake1234

Heritage
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
You can do that but the dent repair I went to did an excellent job and only charged 60 $
Thanks, that’s reasonable. It’s such a small dent, probably from the kids ramming into it, that I didn’t think a shop would do anything.

OP
OP

awake1234

Heritage
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I will post a photo of the damage on my car, a chip that went to bare metal when I'm able
more handy work from the kids - closed the seat buckle in the door, probably several times in an attempt to close the door. Scratched to metal, but so small just figured I’d have to resolve it

Ford Bronco Sport What’s the best repair for small dents and scratches?? IMG_5005

Alfa 2407

Big Bend
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
more handy work from the kids - closed the seat buckle in the door, probably several times in an attempt to close the door. Scratched to metal, but so small just figured I’d have to resolve it

Ford Bronco Sport What’s the best repair for small dents and scratches?? IMG_5005
Oh ouch, I'd recommend using a paint correction kit, I will send you a picture of the scratches I painted once I'm off work, and I'll get a before and after

Sarah Davis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Fusion, 2017 Cmax

with these scratches (especially since its inside the door) a $17 tube of touch up paint will do the trick. then you have more for when another minor scratch happens. as for the dent, if its on metal a paintless repair shop will get it taken care of and on your way in no time.

OP
OP

awake1234

Heritage
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Thanks for everyone’s input. I will find my local shop for repairs.

Unrelated, sort of…what does everyone think about the extended warranty package for the Bronco sport, being made with so much electronic system and such??

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
Thanks for everyone’s input. I will find my local shop for repairs.

Unrelated, sort of…what does everyone think about the extended warranty package for the Bronco sport, being made with so much electronic system and such??
I went with one for the first time. If you plan on getting one, I'd recommend getting it from Granger at 50.00 over cost.

https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/ford-bronco-sport-extended-warranty-at-50-over-cost.5334/
Sponsored