Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport - Badlands - Cactus Gray
Hey all,

I had been browsing the forum to see if anyone had installed the WeatherTech deflectors but I couldn't find any. They don't have any pictures of it on the actual vehicle on the WeatherTech website so I'm sure someone else is wondering how they look installed.

I went ahead and ordered them and put them on today. Definitely like the look of these being in-channel versus the tape on deflectors that Ford offers.

(Getting the little WeatherTech sticker off of the front deflector was the hardest part! That sucker was ON there!)

Ford Bronco Sport WeatherTech Side Window Deflectors 20230404_161533
Sponsored

Tigger

Heritage
First Name
Tigger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I’ve never had window deflectors. What’s the purpose/advantage of adding them?

SD_Zach

Big Bend
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BS Big Bend 2001 F250 PS
I have them on my truck so I can leave the windows down when parked but it's not obvious to passersby. But I also don't have ac so I use them when it's raining to let fresh air in.

BSBB4Les

Big Bend
First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'03 Mustang conv, '22 Bronco Sport (Spooky)
I'm interested in putting these on my BB also. My son has them on his Taurus and likes them for the same reason as you, Zach.

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
Keep them real clean. They'll gouge up the top 1/2" of the window glass if gritty. The exterior ones don't have that problem, but they don't look as good either.

JohnSilver

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I have them on mine, OEM ones. They were awesome when highway traveling in heavy rain. Had the window down a couple inches to get some fresh air now and then and no rain was able to enter what so ever. Also like the idea of being able to crack window open when parked and not be obviously rolled down.

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
I've had some issues with them on a couple of trucks I've used them on. I too liked the type that fit into the glass channel, as they provided a clean looking finish/install.

However, both trucks experienced issues with the deflectors pulling out after about a year with opening/closing the windows. I reapplied 3M two sided tape, but it continued to happen after a few months.

I finally removed them from the last truck.

erynlynn

Big Bend
First Name
Erin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
Hey all,

I had been browsing the forum to see if anyone had installed the WeatherTech deflectors but I couldn't find any. They don't have any pictures of it on the actual vehicle on the WeatherTech website so I'm sure someone else is wondering how they look installed.

I went ahead and ordered them and put them on today. Definitely like the look of these being in-channel versus the tape on deflectors that Ford offers.

(Getting the little WeatherTech sticker off of the front deflector was the hardest part! That sucker was ON there!)

How do the weather techs fit? Yours look great. I was briefly looking at the weatherstrip on the doors of my '23 BS and it looks like there isn't a gap for them to fit into around the sideview mirrors. 🤷🏼‍♀️ I had in channel deflectors on my 2011 Escape and I loved the look, the fact that I could keep my window cracked while parked, and let in some air even when it's raining. I don't love the look of the stick on OEM ones.

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
I have had two bad experiences with the "seamless" style from Weather tech. They fit into the upper glass channel nicely; clean style. However, after about six months of opening the window glass up/down, they began to fall out. After applying new 3M tape and re-applying, it repeated again with falling out.

This was on a 2007 Ford F-150; maybe they work better on the BS. I too do not like the look of stick on OEM ones. And (yuk), don't buy them in chrome:crazy:

OP
OP
admpln

admpln

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How do the weather techs fit? Yours look great. I was briefly looking at the weatherstrip on the doors of my '23 BS and it looks like there isn't a gap for them to fit into around the sideview mirrors. 🤷🏼‍♀️ I had in channel deflectors on my 2011 Escape and I loved the look, the fact that I could keep my window cracked while parked, and let in some air even when it's raining. I don't love the look of the stick on OEM ones.
The fit is great, really snug. They come with little metal clips that you put on top of the weatherstrip by the side mirrors that keep the deflectors from digging in to the weatherstrips. If I can remember, I'll put up a picture of that part. The installation instructions are a little confusing about that at first.

steve bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sportrack
Hey all,

Did you get the darker shade or lighter? What do you suggest about getting the WeatherTeck sticker off since you now have the experience?

OP
OP
admpln

admpln

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you get the darker shade or lighter? What do you suggest about getting the WeatherTeck sticker off since you now have the experience?
When I ordered it there was only one shade available, which I believe was listed as "Dark Smoke."

As far as getting the sticker off, I was able to with my fingernail and some goo gone... It just took nearly 20 mins per sticker, as it breaks apart instead of coming off all together, and leaves a fair bit of residue when you do get it off.
Sponsored