Carl

Badlands
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
So I have a 2022 badlands and have only seen the one post about the failure of the ECU in 20" of water and its poorly conceived location.
1- Was this a one off incident?
2- Any other problems worth reporting?
3-Have you crossed water without issue.
. I live in a flood prone area and evacuated through some deep water in a 03 PT Cruiser during hurricane Ida.. I got the badlands partly to buy myself extra inches.
Looking for good news.
Sponsored

Bluebaru

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BS Badlands, 2019 VW GTI Rabbit ed. 03 JCW MCS
I’ve been in 20+ inches and had no problems, though I do have a 2” lift.

Txsurfer13

Heritage
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Heritage Ltd
I spent quite a bit of time in deep mud and water this past weekend. Nothing like the awesome video that's posted upthread, but we did fine and no problems this week.

Ford Bronco Sport Water crossing success stories? 20230416_135228

Last edited:

sajohnson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands ordered 12/17/2021 - Arrived 3/25/22
The Ford water fording specs are:

* BS: 17.7"
* BS BL: 23.6"

See the last page:

https://media.ford.com/content/dam/fordmedia/North America/US/product/2022/bronco-sport/2022-Bronco-Sport-Tech-Specs.pdf

It says:

" *Always determine the water depth before attempting a crossing and proceed slowly. Refer to your owner’s manual for detailed information regarding driving through water."

Almost 2 feet of water is a lot -- especially if there's a strong current, and/or you can't see through it to the bottom. I would not want to be first in line. :cool:

It would probably be OK in the fairly common flooding situations where the water is standing, the driver knows the area, and there's no chance that the road has been washed out.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Almost 2 feet of water is a lot -- especially if there's a strong current, and/or you can't see through it to the bottom. I would not want to be first in line. :cool:

It would probably be OK in the fairly common flooding situations where the water is standing, the driver knows the area, and there's no chance that the road has been washed out.
You get out of the car, and you walk across first. Now you know how deep it is. Take off your shoes and roll up your pant legs if you don't want to get your clothes wet.

Last edited:

sajohnson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands ordered 12/17/2021 - Arrived 3/25/22
You get out of the car, and you walk across first. Now you know how deep it is. Take off your shoes and roll up your pant legs is you don't want to get your clothes wet.
What? And get icky water on my pristine legs? :cool:

The advice I've seen is similar to this:
https://www.weather.gov/safety/flood-turn-around-dont-drown
https://www.weather.gov/media/safety/TADD_6_Arial.pdf

https://www.usar.army.mil/Portals/98/Documents/Safety/Safety Message - Flooded roadway safety - Turn Around Dont Drown v2.pdf?

Needless to say, it depends on the situation. If a person's neighborhood is flooded with gradually rising water, and they can see (based on mailboxes and street signs) how deep it is, then sure, you can walk thru it, but there is probably no need -- if it is less than ~2 feet, then just drive through slowly.

However, if the driver is not familiar with the area, and/or there is a strong current, I would not want to walk or drive through because there could be something like this hiding underneath:

Ford Bronco Sport Water crossing success stories? 1682107431832
Sponsored