Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
Ford Bronco Sport Waiting room 76495F66-B652-4385-A5DF-5A6DA896405D
Ford Bronco Sport Waiting room 58F8F374-C352-41BA-9D0D-493054CBA0F6
Ford Bronco Sport Waiting room 5A571877-77CE-4F90-9363-748C8C434893
Ford Bronco Sport Waiting room FE27FA64-20FD-45F3-9F09-1F18B6A64778

And… I’m out. 240 days (just under 8 mos.) after ordering. Wishing you all the best of luck.
8 months ago? Is that normal? I'm new to the scene and just ordered mine and don't know what to expect? Really hoping I can get mine before my trip to Colorado in July.

Also work from home will end sometime in 2022, hoping I wont have to get a long term rental car....
Sponsored

Last edited:

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
8 months ago? Is that normal? I'm new to the scene and just ordered mine, is that normal? Really hoping I can get mine before my trip to Colorado in July.

Also work from home will end sometime in 2022, hoping I wont have to get a long term rental car....
No, that is not normal now. It was earlier in the year due to chip shortages, moon roof issues, and other supply chain constraints. I ordered a BS BL at the end of October. It is scheduled for build the week of January 24th, 2022.

zatguy

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
8 months ago? Is that normal? I'm new to the scene and just ordered mine, is that normal? Really hoping I can get mine before my trip to Colorado in July.

Anything but normal except given the chip shortage and shipping issues driven by covid and govt responses to it. This was a MY21, ordered 3/24/21. June builds, which this was, were not completed with all the necessary chips at time of production, so they built them, moved them to a holding lot until they received more chips in and finished running 2021MY productions through the line. Then went back to the lot to put the missing chips into the unfinished builds.

No telling what could happen with MY22 builds. My assumption would be if the chip issue is more or less resolved, it shouldn't take 8 months to get a custom order. I'd guess 2-3 months max if everything goes according to schedule (which was anything but the case for the 2021 rollout). Once you receive a production date/week, if it's actually built in that initial scheduled week, maybe a month max after build is complete to ship it to your dealer.

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Anything but normal except given the chip shortage and shipping issues driven by covid and govt responses to it. This was a MY21, ordered 3/24/21. June builds, which this was, were not completed with all the necessary chips at time of production, so they built them, moved them to a holding lot until they received more chips in and finished running 2021MY productions through the line. Then went back to the lot to put the missing chips into the unfinished builds.

No telling what could happen with MY22 builds. My assumption would be if the chip issue is more or less resolved, it shouldn't take 8 months to get a custom order. I'd guess 2-3 months max if everything goes according to schedule (which was anything but the case for the 2021 rollout). Once you receive a production date/week, if it's actually built in that initial scheduled week, maybe a month max after build is complete to ship it to your dealer.
I had a production date of 11/22 originally and ordered on 9/10 receiving that production date on 9/20. As you can see by my signature I am now sliding into December and fully expect to go to Dec 13th (at the earliest) since we have not heard a peep form anyone on this board that were slid to 11/22 who ordered the first week in September. If I slide beyond December 20th then it is game over till end of January beginning of February.

MY guess is they will not build a BS unless they have ALL the parts for it to avoid a desert lot rot thing again.

They will not be building any BSs from December 27th until starting again January 24th due to scheduled plant break and dedication of the plant to Mavericks for the first 3 weeks in January (go figure on that one since people are already receiving 2022 Mavericks) . Nothing is normal And from what we hear no moonroof BSs until after February. Good luck.

Last edited:

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
No, that is not normal now. It was earlier in the year due to chip shortages, moon roof issues, and other supply chain constraints. I ordered a BS BL at the end of October. It is scheduled for build the week of January 24th, 2022.
So basically you are three months from order to scheduled production week. If absolutely perfect with no delays you will see your BS at about 4 months after you order.

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser

LOL. Glad you have the same outlook as the rest of us. I ordered 9/10 and ordered with the expectation of not getting it until late spring. Better to be surprised than dissapointed.

Blondie_jax

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
I am finally able to leave the waiting room. My Feb lot rot BL/BL was picked up today! A few minor upgrades and accessories will be added in the coming weeks. Sooo worth the wait and really hope none of the 22 orders go through such a challenging year like the 21’s did!

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
So basically you are three months from order to scheduled production week. If absolutely perfect with no delays you will see your BS at about 4 months after you order.
That was the expectation given to me as well. 4 months. Maybe a little less with a Big Bend or a little more with a Badlands. With the way things are going these days, who knows. I’m sure it will be way before I see the Big Bronco.

Justinahern

Outer Banks
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge
It’s here! My 21 was ordered July 28 and shipped October 28. The tracker hasn’t updated and I’m not quite out of the waiting room yet. I checked the yard nightly and once I saw that Maryland vehicles delivered yesterday, I figured mine couldn’t be far off. Can’t wait to get inside.

Ford Bronco Sport Waiting room 862C03C6-469E-4918-B73E-B8EADA3612EE

Ford Bronco Sport Waiting room ECDA15B8-8D72-475B-B8F7-A385FA0E376A

Blakes

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
LOL. Glad you have the same outlook as the rest of us. I ordered 9/10 and ordered with the expectation of not getting it until late spring. Better to be surprised than dissapointed.
Hope that’s close or nearly so for me. But my BL order was confirmed 9/29/21 and that’s the only info i have - no production date or anything beyond that. No emails from Ford. Perhaps that’s because I ordered a moon roof - but I didn’t know better at the time. Many times when I enter the VIN at the Ford site I get NO results!

MaxVelocity

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Hope that’s close or nearly so for me. But my BL order was confirmed 9/29/21 and that’s the only info i have - no production date or anything beyond that. No emails from Ford. Perhaps that’s because I ordered a moon roof - but I didn’t know better at the time. Many times when I enter the VIN at the Ford site I get NO results!
A family member ordered a BL w/moonroof on 9/22 and is currently scheduled for 12/6. I have not seen any confirmation that moonroofs are a problem with the '22 orders.

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Don’t worry about tracker. It breaks all the time.

BL3MI

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
It’s here! My 21 was ordered July 28 and shipped October 28. The tracker hasn’t updated and I’m not quite out of the waiting room yet. I checked the yard nightly and once I saw that Maryland vehicles delivered yesterday, I figured mine couldn’t be far off. Can’t wait to get inside.

Ford Bronco Sport Waiting room 862C03C6-469E-4918-B73E-B8EADA3612EE

Ford Bronco Sport Waiting room ECDA15B8-8D72-475B-B8F7-A385FA0E376A
It took 10 days to get mine from the rail yard to my dealer in the Detroit area. Hopefully it won't take that long for yours to get to your dealer. It also took my dealer two days to have it ready for me. It normally takes 1 day, but there were still water spots after the cleaned it up, so they detailed it for me. :) I just picked mine up on Thursday.

Gilstein21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Added bonus is that the dealership took my xplan that I didn’t have at time of order and gave me $4k more on trade than the number we discussed when ordered. In the current market they could have told me to kick rocks and sell it for more, but they stayed true to me.
Sponsored