mooredl1

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW, Ford
I think to make the Ford order experience palatable. It would need to be FIFO. It definitely isn't now. I did talk to Ford (thanks to the forum) and my dealer. No new info. They think it will be no later than Oct 31, 2021. But don't know anything else. They told it was missing parts, but would not confirm which ones.

I've ordered several vehicles in the last 45years. More BMWs than any other. They assign a factory build date on the day you get your confirmation. Then you follow it through the process, FIFO. No changing priorities because a bigger dealer ordered.

Yes I am frustrated by the vehicles being delivered (like my order) that were ordered after mine. Oh by the way my dealer admitted that they see that happening.

BL with BL package,+tow,360+, and cargo mng, order confirmed on 3/5
Sponsored

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
These Ford rants are wearing me out. In case these folks haven't noticed the pandemic has produced shortages everywhere. I've been trying to get a broken window in my home replaced since May. I'm lucky to have a BS since April. I have another on order since 2-16, but I'm not online constantly acting like a cry baby. Unit has a vin and was shown in production on 6-10. This week the dealer says it is built, but when I check the Ford tracker it still shows in production. I tend to think the dealer's info is correct. I'll be fine if I get it or not. This is something I want, don't necessarily need. Wants and needs are different.
I absolutely get their frustrations but I agree with the sentiments. Yelling on a Bronco sports forum to relieve some tension and be heard sure, have at it, just a board. But trashing on a company, and being that upset...maybe drop the order and find a better car company mid pandemic nightmare. It sucks. Ford could handle it better...or maybe they don't have a solid answer to provide as they juggle dealer lots bare to the bone, Bronco nightmares, release, and upstart of the Maverick, etc. Yes, a lot of that is in their control...but the biggest headaches are not. Being fortunate to have one, it was worth it. Those waiting, hang in there, or find a better manufacturer and be happy. Life is too short to have this much stress that YOU PAY FOR.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I think to make the Ford order experience palatable. It would need to be FIFO. It definitely isn't now. I did talk to Ford (thanks to the forum) and my dealer. No new info. They think it will be no later than Oct 31, 2021. But don't know anything else. They told it was missing parts, but would not confirm which ones.

I've ordered several vehicles in the last 45years. More BMWs than any other. They assign a factory build date on the day you get your confirmation. Then you follow it through the process, FIFO. No changing priorities because a bigger dealer ordered.

Yes I am frustrated by the vehicles being delivered (like my order) that were ordered after mine. Oh by the way my dealer admitted that they see that happening.

BL with BL package,+tow,360+, and cargo mng, order confirmed on 3/5
45 years isn't today, unfortunately. And you are talking apples and pomegranate. The BL/BL package takes your build off the table, that's a well-stated fact at this point. They are pumping out Broncos they have resources for, that's just common business. Sucks for those wanting the Badlands with package but you check all the top commodity demands. Anyone with this build is waiting.

birddog2

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda CRV Bronco Sport Badlands
45 years isn't today, unfortunately. And you are talking apples and pomegranate. The BL/BL package takes your build off the table, that's a well-stated fact at this point. They are pumping out Broncos they have resources for, that's just common business. Sucks for those wanting the Badlands with package but you check all the top commodity demands. Anyone with this build is waiting.
If the BL with BL package is the problem, then why were plain BLs not available to order ?
Why did customers with BL/BL orders not get the choice to take out the moon roof option as did OB and BB order customers ?
My problem is the complete lack of communication from Ford or my dealer as to why.
When Bronco Sports 2022 orders open up (maybe) on 30 August we may learn something re: BL orders.
It will be interesting to see if BL orders open up then and with what choices.
If there will not be a Badlands model then what is Ford's plan for 2021 BL orders.
30 August is only two weeks away, surely Ford can plan that far ahead.
2.0L engines maybe ?

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
But trashing on a company, and being that upset...maybe drop the order and find a better car company mid pandemic nightmare.
Good advice sort of. All car manufactures are short on parts, short on labor, shipping bottle necks ect. I think it best for me to call dealer politely tell them I am out. Maybe late '22 or '23 buy something. See you all best of luck.

pixlpush

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tern GSD Ebike (car free at the moment)
My latest unconfirmed theory is they are cranking out new builds until the model year change over. When that happens they’ll dig the parked vehicles out of hot storage and complete them. Just a wild guess in The vacuum of any real information.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
These Ford rants are wearing me out. In case these folks haven't noticed the pandemic has produced shortages everywhere.
Yes you are right. Best for me to call dealer politely inform them I am out and shift my focus away. Maybe late '22 or '23 think about buying a new car. Best of luck to everyone. See ya.

Goozy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I ordered BL, BL package and cargo maintenance system on 3/18/21. It was built on 8/2 and shipped from Mexico Aug 5; via rail car tracking I see it arrived in Kansas City today. I live near Springfield, MO (about 3 hours away) and I am hoping it will be within the week that I am sitting in it. Delivery date was estimated to be 9/6-9/12, but it is looking like it might be early (fingers crossed). So there is hope that BL w/ BL package will be built!!

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Yes you are right. Best for me to call dealer politely inform them I am out and shift my focus away. Maybe late '22 or '23 think about buying a new car. Best of luck to everyone. See ya.
Or just ride it out, it's a want not a need, and it will be here sooner than A 22/23 to each their own.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
I sent text to general manager politely request cancel order feel free to sell to someone else. He understands but says he will reach out when it arrives in case I change my mind. I said sure thats fine. So I am out and going to move on.

budlitedog

Big Bend
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I recently found out that the BS can not even be towed on a dolly. This was a bummer for us as we have a motorhome and would have to buy a car hauler to take it with us. I have also canceled out because of this. Waiting so long has just worn us out and then this disappointment. Still a great ride and Ford is a good company.

MemUser

Big Bend
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Or just ride it out, it's a want not a need, and it will be here sooner than A 22/23 to each their own.
For my wife its more of a need although it does not have to be a Bronco. Her current car is 10 years old and wearing out. Needs some work but we don't want to put anymore money into it. When we ordered in Feb we were told it would take 8-12 weeks which we were fine with and here we are 6 months later and still waiting...lol. She was just about to give up and go get something else when I found what she wanted at another dealer so all it good.

mooredl1

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW, Ford
Just to be clear. I ordered my previous vehicle to this one. 3 years ago. Again, it's not in today environment, but It was well managed. I understand the missing parts of today, but think that if Ford is going to a customer order model, then they without FIFO order filling, it will be a customer satisfaction fiasco. IMHOP

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Just to be clear. I ordered my previous vehicle to this one. 3 years ago. Again, it's not in today environment, but It was well managed. I understand the missing parts of today, but think that if Ford is going to a customer order model, then they without FIFO order filling, it will be a customer satisfaction fiasco. IMHOP
You make excellent points, this year is like no other and it's just something I think everyone needs to put in perspective. Ford needs to get their shit together make no mistake. But expectations have to be filtered. I was apprehensive and always have been in purchasing a first run model year. I had a lease termination and the sport was worth the leap of faith. Every day I see the issues, delays, etc I am thankful (knocks on wood) I have had a great experience.

Ricejenn

Badlands
First Name
Jenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
So as of today for some reason all of the sudden my window sticker is now saying “the window sticker has not yet been released for this vehicle” it had been there for months? I’ve been built sitting waiting for a chip for 9 weeks and now my window sticker is gone lol. ??‍♀
Sponsored