budlitedog

Big Bend
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I’ve been “in production since June 11” ordered Feb 10. I also sent a msg and received no response. Dealership tells me it’s out of their hands….Ford customer service tells me they have no update….Someone in production at Ford must have some answers as to why builds in June are sitting collecting dust yet builds in July/August are shipping?!
join the party. Your BS is waiting on a Chip just like the rest of us. Be advised that the units built in July for the most part are being completed and shipped. Bad PR on Ford's part. Sooner or later (right now I would bet on later).
Sponsored

budlitedog

Big Bend
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
You ordered your BB a month and a half after I did. It is crazy because both you and I had the same (re)scheduled build week. However, yours started the week prior to the (re)scheduled build week and you went into build purgatory. Mine was built on the Friday of the (re)scheduled build week, my build got all the chips, was tested the next day and was shipped. This makes no sense at all! I am sorry for your delay. It definitely isn't a FIFO (First In First Out) type of process. Squirrelly and random at best.
Chips have come in and are on the production floor, not being sent outside to the waiting units. At this point finishing the units sitting and waiting are the last things production wants to concern themselves about. I am sure Ford is not the only company doing this. Be interesting to see if this is corrected when they finish the 2021 production year.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Oh, I did. Whichever Manager is on vacation; he's the only one that has access to the system...:cwl::headbang:
Oh Lord...that's messed up. Dealer I worked with all of them had access and could pull up any time. The one I bought the dealer got an alert mine was on the truck pulling in the lot. He grabbed both keys and stashed them in his desk drawer before anyone could get them. Funny how some dealerships just do their own thing. I feel for you. That's crappy.

SKBanister

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
So mine has updated to "In Transit" and the tracker says between 8/26 and 9/1.

Anyone have any experience with how long it'll take to get to centralish Texas area? Or which train line to try to track? I'm failing at finding that info lol.

Only thing I know to check is the Palsapp thing but I put in my VIN and it doesn't find anything.

I'm trying not to get too excited yet but Etis updated and shows I have the elusive RCM chip installed.

Screenshot_20210809-210325_Chrome.png
You ordered yours on 6/1 and it's already been built. WOW! Good for you, I guess

shopaholic-nic

Outer Banks
First Name
Nicole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
You ordered yours on 6/1 and it's already been built. WOW! Good for you, I guess
No need to make someone else feel bad for something out of their control. Direct that to Ford, and not the Forum where folks are just simply seeking information and a community. I can only speak for myself when I say I am trying to be careful not to post that my car is built and shipped, out of sensitivity to others. But we should be able to post and not get sour grapes in return. Some of us simply had good timing. Who knew... ? And most of us with cars that are ready feel bad and understand that it doesnt make sense. Good luck everyone :)

Mister E

Badlands
First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands (on order)
No need to make someone else feel bad for something out of their control. Direct that to Ford, and not the Forum where folks are just simply seeking information and a community. I can only speak for myself when I say I am trying to be careful not to post that my car is built and shipped, out of sensitivity to others. But we should be able to post and not get sour grapes in return. Some of us simply had good timing. Who knew... ? And most of us with cars that are ready feel bad and understand that it doesnt make sense. Good luck everyone :)
You ordered your BB a month and a half after I did. It is crazy because both you and I had the same (re)scheduled build week. However, yours started the week prior to the (re)scheduled build week and you went into build purgatory. Mine was built on the Friday of the (re)scheduled build week, my build got all the chips, was tested the next day and was shipped. This makes no sense at all! I am sorry for your delay. It definitely isn't a FIFO (First In First Out) type of process. Squirrelly and random at best.
It is all on Ford. It's pretty clear they are not doing the "FIFO" process.
It is appearing that the cars built back in June are being ignored because they don't want to bring them back into the production line to install the missing RCM unit. This would probably disrupt their production process so Ford is probably going to finish building the orders for MY21 placed up till end of July to clear their production line. Once all MY21 cars have been built, then Ford will bring the incomplete June built cars back in the production line to install the missing RCM units and complete the build.

shopaholic-nic

Outer Banks
First Name
Nicole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
It is all on Ford. It's pretty clear they are not doing the "FIFO" process.
It is appearing that the cars built back in June are being ignored because they don't want to bring them back into the production line to install the missing RCM unit. This would probably disrupt their production process so Ford is probably going to finish building the orders for MY21 placed up till end of July to clear their production line. Once all MY21 cars have been built, then Ford will bring the incomplete June built cars back in the production line to install the missing RCM units and complete the build.
that makes sense from a logistical position, and from my desk here in CA lol... plus I think it was mostly the Badlands that are being delayed, and the OB are being built more quickly. I'm not too sure, but I too would be frustrated as heck and I can understand the frustration against Ford.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
that makes sense from a logistical position, and from my desk here in CA lol... plus I think it was mostly the Badlands that are being delayed, and the OB are being built more quickly. I'm not too sure, but I too would be frustrated as heck and I can understand the frustration against Ford.
Ford was caught in a difficult situation bottom line. Their job is still about making profit. All we have is speculation fueled by frustrations. Nobody knows what they are doing and what the logistics are. They should be more up front and utilize a team to keep those waiting informed or at least throw them a bone. Big issue is, people are ten deep in line waiting on someone to bail. Even the guy I ordered through, when I told him I was taking door #2, he said no worries it won't be on the lot a full week once it does arrive.
They stop putting vehicles on the train until the chips are here you'd never get a Ford....they'd go under

Group_44

Outer Banks
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Platinum,80 Triumph TR8, 69 Jag XKE 2+2

PirateBrahm

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Hi all,

I'm another one of us with a June build and Oct/Nov estimated ship date. I wrote a letter to Customer Relations a month or so back and received a reply that was pretty much a form letter with a little personalization sprinkled in. I called back today to lodge a complaint about the June builds being put in line behind later builds, and was sent to a member of the Bronco Marketing Team. I wasn't surprised that there were no real answers to provide beyond 'on hold for chip shortage', but I felt it was important enough to have my complaint on record.

The reason why I'm sharing this is that I had a different experience back in February with a dealer that tried to sell me an Outer Banks mannequin and pulled out of the deal at the 11th hour. I called the same team to complain about the mannequin program, and a couple days later, Ford released the vehicle for sale (too late for me as I had just ordered a Badlands instead). So I may be a hopeless optimist, but maybe if enough complaints go through, Ford might actually listen to us (haha). Anyways, if you want to expend all options, here's the number:

Bronco Marketing Team
800-334-4375
(my apologies if this is forum rules violation)

Best,
PB

GizzardLizard

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
At this point even if my build gets finished and shipped soon I might just hold out and order a '22. That way I can order the BB package without the moonroof and I would for sure get the $1000 rebate. Plus if the big Broncos are any indication we might get some more color options that look pretty appealing.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
At this point even if my build gets finished and shipped soon I might just hold out and order a '22. That way I can order the BB package without the moonroof and I would for sure get the $1000 rebate. Plus if the big Broncos are any indication we might get some more color options that look pretty appealing.
indications are they are producing fewer colors not more based on news leaking at this point. Hard to say, I hope it all works out for you.

GizzardLizard

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
indications are they are producing fewer colors not more based on news leaking at this point. Hard to say, I hope it all works out for you.
I saw a couple sources that showed most of the 21 colors plus a few new colors.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/2022-bronco-colors-online-no-green-yet.16493/

I'd be all over that Peak Blue if they offer it on the BS. We'll see what they end up offering on both Broncos, but as long as I can still get Area 51 I'm happy.
Sponsored