First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tern GSD Ebike (car free at the moment)
Well this happened today:
Ford Bronco Sport Waiting room IMG_20210717_170336237

I take delivery late next week. It's a used 2021 with 7k on the odometer.
It's staying at the dealer a few days to have some rock chips touched up. With all the juggling of numbers it basically ended up at what MSRP was when it sold new five months ago.

This does not necessarily mean I won't be buying the BS I ordered but it does greatly reduce the likelihood of it.

The wife still wants a two door Bronco but that seems like a two year wait at this point. So maybe will get on the list to order and then try to forget about it for two years :)
In the driveway beats in the Sonoran Desert. Drive the doors off and have fun. I’ve got a real sour Ford taste in my mouth that’s not coming out soon.
Sponsored

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport

It's staying at the dealer a few days to have some rock chips touched up. With all the juggling of numbers it basically ended up at what MSRP was when it sold new five months ago.

This does not necessarily mean I won't be buying the BS I ordered but it does greatly reduce the likelihood of it.

The wife still wants a two door Bronco but that seems like a two year wait at this point. So maybe will get on the list to order and then try to forget about it for two years :)
believe it or not, full broncos are showing up on lots as orders refuse soft tops. best of luck with the new truck.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Yep you are completely in the dark as to when the one you ordered will arrive. There are still F150s that have been sitting out in lots since March/April. And of course Ford built/shipped complete F150s in the following months while the March/April units sat. Yes Ford did recently complete ship a lot of March/April trucks but many still sitting. So just because Ford gets parts that does not mean our BS will be completed and shipped if what happened to F150s is any indication.

JerryC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 BII , 2021 BL on order 3-19-21
Yep you are completely in the dark as to when the one you ordered will arrive. There are still F150s that have been sitting out in lots since March/April. And of course Ford built/shipped complete F150s in the following months while the March/April units sat. Yes Ford did recently complete ship a lot of March/April trucks but many still sitting. So just because Ford gets parts that does not mean our BS will be completed and shipped if what happened to F150s is any indication.
I was in the Toyota dealer mulling over whether to buy the 4Runner or not. I was not going to get one, I really just wanted to see what they were like as I had never sat in or driven one. The wife was gently pushing me towards it and then I popped open this forum to check the latest news. Seeing the just built BS's getting chips and ship dates ~3 months earlier then mine, that did it for me.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
I was in the Toyota dealer mulling over whether to buy the 4Runner or not. I was not going to get one, I really just wanted to see what they were like as I had never sat in or driven one. The wife was gently pushing me towards it and then I popped open this forum to check the latest news. Seeing the just built BS's getting chips and ship dates ~3 months earlier then mine, that did it for me.
Yep repeat of the F150 pattern. Let already built customer ordered vehicles sit waiting for parts and then immediately build and ship complete units while the prev built units sit. What was done with the F150s looks to be happening to the sports, surprise!

The way this is shaping up I will prob never ever special order another Ford because of Ford's lack of empathy and communication with waiting customers. Ford comes across as a company that does not care one bit. If a customer orders a vehicle and it gets pushed into a yard while later vehicles get completed and shipped Ford is pretty much sticking the middle finger up at the waiting customers. To Ford waiting customers do not matter one bit.

And then when the aged first model year vehicle that has sat for several months arrives at the empty dealer lot you are supposed to feel lucky and pay full price, no apologies, no discounts, nothing extra, no sorry about the delay. Dealers don't care, Ford does not care. If customers walk from Ford and never return Ford does not care. Ford can then sell the vehicle to the I-have-to-have-it-now-highest-bidder and get that large margin off the sale.

Last edited:

Billy the Kid

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
I have a cactus gray BL w/tow, no package sitting with many of you. It was dealer ordered 1/9 (we put down payment May 15) and went into production 6/15 and now sits waiting for RCM module....sigh. So I would say not all dealer orders are getting preference. It seems most produced in June are getting overlooked.

GizzardLizard

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
The only reason I'm willing to stick it out for the BS is theres nothing else really like it that I want or works for me. I like that its a relatively small unibody vehicle thats been beefed up a bit more than the average crossover. There's nothing else out there really like it imo. I'm not a big fan of the comparable Jeep models, 4Runner is awesome but too big and expensive for my needs, newest RAV4 is pretty nice but it doesn't do it for me as much as the BS plus Ford has much better incentives and discount than Toyota even right now. Before the BS I was looking at the newest Escapes which I do like, but I wasn't as excited by them as the BS.

I think if theres no progress on my order by the beginning of August I'm going to seek out alternatives. Luckily some BBs w/BB package aren't as rare as say BLs, I've found a few floating around in different colors. Only issue is they have the optional 18 inch wheels but I'd imagine the dealer could swap them for stock 17s and knock the price down, no?

Who knows what that'll be like in a couple weeks but at least it tells me some are out there. I'd be heartbroken not to get Area 51 and/or 360+ but I can survive without them lol.

SKBanister

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
The only reason I'm willing to stick it out for the BS is theres nothing else really like it that I want or works for me. I like that its a relatively small unibody vehicle thats been beefed up a bit more than the average crossover. There's nothing else out there really like it imo. I'm not a big fan of the comparable Jeep models, 4Runner is awesome but too big and expensive for my needs, newest RAV4 is pretty nice but it doesn't do it for me as much as the BS plus Ford has much better incentives and discount than Toyota even right now. Before the BS I was looking at the newest Escapes which I do like, but I wasn't as excited by them as the BS.

I think if theres no progress on my order by the beginning of August I'm going to seek out alternatives. Luckily some BBs w/BB package aren't as rare as say BLs, I've found a few floating around in different colors. Only issue is they have the optional 18 inch wheels but I'd imagine the dealer could swap them for stock 17s and knock the price down, no?

Who knows what that'll be like in a couple weeks but at least it tells me some are out there. I'd be heartbroken not to get Area 51 and/or 360+ but I can survive without them lol.
I feel the same way. The BS in my opinion is the coolest looking sub-compact crossover out there. (The badlands gives me a hard on every time I see it). I'm going to wait however long it takes. I've already spent about 3K in accessories to dress it up. My dilemma is weather to keep my 2021 with a delivery date of 10/31 or buy a 2022 badlands. I'm going to order a 2022 the day I'm able to, then decide which one i want.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I feel the same way. The BS in my opinion is the coolest looking sub-compact crossover out there. (The badlands gives me a hard on every time I see it). I'm going to wait however long it takes. I've already spent about 3K in accessories to dress it up. My dilemma is weather to keep my 2021 with a delivery date of 10/31 or buy a 2022 badlands. I'm going to order a 2022 the day I'm able to, then decide which one i want.
At the current rate the 21 will PROBABLY arrive long before the 22 and hard to say how ford will manage the release

Group_44

Outer Banks
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Platinum,80 Triumph TR8, 69 Jag XKE 2+2
Try entering your vin in palsapp.com you don't need a username.
Palsapp is only for the leg of the delivery after the vehicle is unloaded from the train car at a terminal nearest the dealer and put on a truck carrier. Palsapp often delayed in posting the location, many have reported the vehicle arriving at the dealer and Palsapp not updating until days later. The most accurate way to track is the dealer visibility report or the automated phone system for the rail carriers (Union Pacific /CSX) using the rail car number.

erickbe

First Name
Erick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda3

My wife traded her Highlander for a used 2016 4Runner limited with 25000 miles on it 2 weeks ago after I test drove a bronco sport the same day. 4Runner is one of my backup choices. Waiting on badlands orders to open back up.

looking at the outback wilderness now to if the badlands doesn't pan out. Don't need two 4Runners.

GizzardLizard

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Same here, whenever I see one it never fails to get my attention. In any trim or color.

That's another reason I really want one is all the modding potential. I don't have any plans to go crazy but I am already looking at a couple things like upgrading the wheels/tires and I've seen a few with the roof wrapped in white and I would love to explore that.

This would be the 1st vehicle I'd have that really makes me want to to any mods and really make it my own.

rxnpl/4

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia sorento
Haha guess I came in very ignorant to this. I’ve been living under a rock and missed all the hype over the past year. Just thought I could walk up to a dealer as I saw a bunch of them posted online. Then when I called a few dealers saying how they didn’t have any, thought id just order a BB online a few days ago. What’s 4 month wait in the grand scheme of things. Now I’m wondering if I’ll even get it by next summer. :cwl:

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Haha guess I came in very ignorant to this. I’ve been living under a rock and missed all the hype over the past year. Just thought I could walk up to a dealer as I saw a bunch of them posted online. Then when I called a few dealers saying how they didn’t have any, thought id just order a BB online a few days ago. What’s 4 month wait in the grand scheme of things. Now I’m wondering if I’ll even get it by next summer. :cwl:
I'm thinking your odds, particularly a Big Bend are pretty good. You will possibly have it before winter.
Sponsored