First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Saw my salesman yesterday, he showed me where it on hold for the chip.
He had a positive attitude that it will be shipping soon. Well, that's one of us :)
Joking aside, I'm hoping for the best while preparing the worst.
Shipping soon? Sounds good...
Sponsored

GizzardLizard

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
I ordered a BL + BL Pkg (includes moonroof) on 3/18. In Production on 6/17. ETA 11/03.
Etis is still showing no RCM.... so no good news for me today.
My BB+BB with moonroof has also been stuck in production since 6/17, but my ETA is still 10/31. I'd imagine it'll be a lot sooner for both of us, though. Hopefully.

Mister E

Badlands
First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands (on order)
My BB+BB with moonroof has also been stuck in production since 6/17, but my ETA is still 10/31. I'd imagine it'll be a lot sooner for both of us, though. Hopefully.
Have you checked the Ford Etis website to see if your BB is also missing the RCM?

Group_44

Outer Banks
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Platinum,80 Triumph TR8, 69 Jag XKE 2+2
Have you checked the Ford Etis website to see if your BB is also missing the RCM?
Don't think the RCM is the problem on this build, I would think it's probably the moonroof. My OB OB minus moonroof was built this week and ETIS shows all the modules, including RCM installed on. that day. What is your latest build week schedule, mine was 7/12 with actual build on 7/14.

Mister E

Badlands
First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Don't think the RCM is the problem on this build, I would think it's probably the moonroof. My OB OB minus moonroof was built this week and ETIS shows all the modules, including RCM installed on. that day. What is your latest build week schedule, mine was 7/12 with actual build on 7/14.
My BL + BL Pkg had Build Week 6/14 and went In Production on 6/17.

Group_44

Outer Banks
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Platinum,80 Triumph TR8, 69 Jag XKE 2+2

GizzardLizard

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Mine is indeed awaiting the RCM still.

Ford Bronco Sport Waiting room PTI

It's so strange that some are getting moonroofs but others aren't. Yours and mine were ordered in March and we're getting the moonroof, whereas last month I saw a BB+BB with no moonroof come through my dealer that was also ordered in March. It seems a bit random which ones would or wouldn't get it, before they dropped the moonroof option completely.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Mine is indeed awaiting the RCM still.

Ford Bronco Sport Waiting room PTI

It's so strange that some are getting moonroofs but others aren't. Yours and mine were ordered in March and we're getting the moonroof, whereas last month I saw a BB+BB with no moonroof come through my dealer that was also ordered in March. It seems a bit random which ones would or wouldn't get it, before they dropped the moonroof option completely.
the dealer option COULD have been ordered in Dec/January and it's finally processing...hard to say.

erickbe

First Name
Erick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda3
I test drove a big bend 2-3 weeks ago and liked it .

Was worried about the 1.5L not being powerful enough/etc but seems fine. Past 3/4 cylinders I drive seemed to struggle so that was a concern I had before just ordering one earlier. Took me awhile to find a BS to test drive.

Holding out until badlands orders open back up though, leaning that way to be on safe side just in case. The dealer called me to come order a badlands 2 days ago and I asked them if they were open and went there and did their process and when he took paper to the manager he was told no on badlands orders. I kind of expected that from posts on forum here.

Outer banks is my second choice if badlands doesn't pan out. Looking for the leather /vinyl seats (not a cloth seats person) and the tow and 360 package in Area 51 or cyber orange. I asked 2 dealers to call me if a badlands falls through or if they have a outer banks.

If the BS doesn't pan out then used 4Runner is my next choice. Anything else I should look at if BS doesn't pan out? Currently have a mazda3 s hatchback and looking for something a bit bigger with some off-road capability that looks nice. Have X-plan to and none of the dealers around me are honoring it for any new cars right now due to supply shortages.

Last edited:

Mister E

Badlands
First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So here's a thought..... if the moonroof is holding up the BL + BL Pkg from being "built", then the cars that are still "In Production" and hypothetically waiting on the moonroof (as well as the RCM) have to be stored inside the factory some where. They can't park a car out in the open lot without the moonroof. So that means it's not exposed to the desert sun and heat while waiting for the moonroof and RCM.

Also...something else that's odd...the date at the bottom of the WS for my BL + BL Pkg changes every Friday for the last 3 Fridays (7/02, 7/09, 7/16).
Ford Bronco Sport Waiting room 1626479841742

Last edited:

Lexandr7

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport

sdmc229

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion and Flex
I ordered a BL + BL Pkg (includes moonroof) on 3/18. In Production on 6/17. ETA 11/03.
Etis is still showing no RCM.... so no good news for me today.
Same but order date 1/23

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
Also...something else that's odd...the date at the bottom of the WS for my BL + BL Pkg changes every Friday for the last 3 Fridays (7/02, 7/09, 7/16).
My window sticker date been changing every week last three weeks too. Mine changes on wednesdays.

Mister E

Badlands
First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So it appears that Ford does have some RCM units because I just looked up a local dealership's website and they are showing that they ordered a BS OB.
I checked Etis on this OB and it's showing the RCM was "Checked" on 7/13!
There are 6 other dealership ordered OBs from various local dealerships that have RCM checked dates of 7/13, 7/14 and 7/15. WTH Ford? you're completing the dealership ordered OBs before you complete the Customer ordered BLs???
That's just really messed up!!!
Ford Bronco Sport Waiting room 1626507061398

Ford Bronco Sport Waiting room 1626507285578

This same dealership just got in a BL + BL Pkg, Oxford White. It was a Special Order.
If anyone is looking for an Oxford White BL + BL Pkg, with Tow and 360+, you should call this dealership: Michael Stead, Hilltop Ford, Richmond, CA.
According to their website, they are selling it at MSRP (no mark up).
https://www.hilltopford.com/new-inventory/index.htm?search=&model=Bronco+Sport&gvBodyStyle=SUV

Ford Bronco Sport Waiting room 1626507671105

Ford Bronco Sport Waiting room 1626508049880

Last edited:

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
There are 6 other dealership ordered OBs from various local dealerships that have RCM checked dates of 7/13, 7/14 and 7/15. WTH Ford? you're completing the dealership ordered OBs before you complete the Customer ordered BLs???
That's just really messed up!!!
People on F150 forums have been complaining for months that Ford builds ships dealer inventory vehicles while customer ordered units sit in lots for months waiting for parts. So I am not surprised to hear sports will sit in lots with missing parts while dealer inventory units will be built shipped.
Sponsored