Waiting room

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I drove by my local dealer earlier (and saw my first big Bronco!) and they had a Sport practically identical to the one I have on order but in Catcus gray. BB with 360+ and BB package but no moonroof. It was a green window sticker so I got the VIN and order number, looked it up, and its a bit odd: ordered on 3/16, built 5/27, completed 6/2, and delivered 6/23. No moonroof. Mine was ordered on 3/31 and has been "in production" since 6/17 and according to my window sticker is slated to have a moonroof. I was told pre-April 15 BB package orders would be built with the moonroof, but after 4/15 wouldn't. It just random which ones will and won't? Since mine's still in production will it change?
Sounds like (based on letters the bronco owners received) ford is prioritizing what they CAN build and putting them on lots. If the sport had a green tag it was ordered but someone likely bailed on it due to delays
Sponsored

GizzardLizard

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Sounds like (based on letters the bronco owners received) ford is prioritizing what they CAN build and putting them on lots. If the sport had a green tag it was ordered but someone likely bailed on it due to delays
That makes sense. There was green sticker OB there that I tracked was ordered on 2/18 and just now arrived. No OB package or anything, just 360+ and tow package.

I'm just wondering if mine is going to change to BB no moonroof while its in production or if its going to stay? It's already got a window sticker saying moonroof.

GizzardLizard

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
On the positive side, that full size Bronco there was awesome. Catcus gray 2 door Black Diamond with Sasquatch and 2.7 V6. Surprisingly its for stock, regular blue window sticker. Wasn't expecting to see one so quickly but it absolutely made my week.

ZA-Val

Badlands
First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
For those checking to see if it's actually built and has all the cpu's (Chips and Modules) for their BS, give this a shot. FordEtis, the Online Technical Information and Services website from Ford.

1. Enter your VIN and press "Search"
  2. Over on the right side of screen you'll see "view PTI Information", click on that link. If you don't see that link, your vehicle hasn't been built yet :crying:
  3. Expand the section "PTI related Electronic Control Units Installed on this VIN ", you'll see the list of cpu's and modules for your vehicle!!!! Yes, it has CHIPS :rockon:
That's about all the useful information available without being a dealer or service depot.

Hope it helps relive some stress.............. :crackup::like:
This was so helpful, thank you. I just ran the report from that site and I’m up against the same issue as everyone else seems to be, that one missing chip with the “null” comment on it and the ETA Date of 10/31. Hoping that this gets resolved soon, my lease is ending and I don’t know what Im going to do if the delivery date really is October.

SKBanister

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
Exactly 5 months later and I’m finally out of the waiting room. His name is Tex and I love him… Well worth the wait though on my drive home the Sync 3 touch screen glitched out and I could only control the radio through my odometer screen - fun! It’s a known issue, but I wasn’t expecting to face it on my first day. Anyways, here he is!
Ford Bronco Sport Waiting room 8E4DAACA-0186-4599-BBB4-698F6C1DC5E7
Congrats! Enjoy

OP
OP
SM05

SM05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands, 2021 RAV4 TRD Offroad
I've been contacted by some Ford dealer this morning offering a Black Outer Banks they got in yesterday. Dealer is in North Canton, OH. That's not the trim I'm after so I thought I'd post if anyone is interested. HTH.

Brand new Outer Banks for sale

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
I'm just wondering if mine is going to change to BB no moonroof while its in production or if its going to stay? It's already got a window sticker saying moonroof.
They won't remove moonroof once it has window sticker. And no one know details on delays cause could be numerous supplier issues. Chips are not the only part challenge. But Ford will do all they can to get delivered cause they aint making any money till they are sold.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
Look on the bright side. Those who waited in line and ordered full broncos are dealing with a nightmare. Those (I'd guess predominantly) who ordered four door with a hard top may not see their bronco until MY2023...TWENTY....THREE....
Yep Ford not gonna fill backlog until 2023. Big Bronco a huge hit buyers lined up for years. And yes wait way worse then for a sport. Probably gonna be late '22 until everyone who wants a BS Badlands is able to get one. Gotta hand it to Ford, they have some huge sellers on their hands. Just have to get past supplier labor covid issues. And they will eventually...Mach E, F150, Broncos so many ppl want these vehicles amazing!

mooredl1

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW, Ford
BS/BL+BL, 360+,Tow,CMS

ETA just went from 1900/1/1 to 2021/10/30. First time that has happened. It has been in production for 2 weeks. But the date just changed to 2021/6/21 from the 12th. I don't understand there system. So I'm in it with the rest of you October baby's.

mooredl1

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW, Ford
BS/BL+BL, 360+,Tow,CMS

ETA just went from 1900/1/1 to 2021/10/30. First time that has happened. It has been in production for 2 weeks. But the date just changed to 2021/6/21 from the 12th. I don't understand there system. So I'm in it with the rest of you October baby's.
Just noticed one other thing. I went to FordEtis and I still have the null for the RCM but the "PTI related Systems Installed on this VIN " tab is now fully populated. That wasn't true yesterday. So something is happening.

Best of luck to all in the waiting room.

sdmc229

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion and Flex
My ETA date just changed back to 7/17/2021 yesterday it was N/A I am really confused, its like playing ping pong.
Same here. No idea what is going on but this roller coaster is getting tiring

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Yep Ford not gonna fill backlog until 2023. Big Bronco a huge hit buyers lined up for years. And yes wait way worse then for a sport. Probably gonna be late '22 until everyone who wants a BS Badlands is able to get one. Gotta hand it to Ford, they have some huge sellers on their hands. Just have to get past supplier labor covid issues. And they will eventually...Mach E, F150, Broncos so many ppl want these vehicles amazing!
Yeah and in the end it sucks for buyers like you who have waited but circumstances put you behind an eightball.

Jabarnes

Badlands
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Same here. No idea what is going on but this roller coaster is getting tiring
Ordered 2/12 Kodiak Brown BL w/BL package, Assist+, Tow, Cargo mats. Received and ETA of 7/10 about 2 weeks ago went to NA 2 days ago and now back to 7/10. ETIS shows it still needs the RCM chip. Hopefully the ETA holds but not holding my breath. With each change in status the date at the bottom of my sticker went from 6/2 to 6/23 and now 6/20. New to this forum, have not been able to find the significance of the date at the bottom of the WS.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
Yeah and in the end it sucks for buyers like you who have waited but circumstances put you behind an eightball.
BS we have on order is for my wife. When novelty wears off I get it as a hand me down and she gets next new one. Wife could not care less about delay. Between me and wife we have three tagged low mileage vehicles and three tagged running classic cars. So delay has zero impact on us not a problem at all. The delay is Ford"s problem not mine because they not making the sale till dealers says its there and ready which won"t be any time soon....
Sponsored