BeatrixBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Annette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, Lincoln MKZ, Jeep Renegade
Mine went backwards today from 6/23 to 6/22.
Mine too. And it is strange because it is currently being transported via rail.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Ford and my dealer both said mine is waiting on a chip and it's still sitting at the factory.
Well at least it's built and waiting on a chip. That is far better than waiting on a turn in line for assembly. They wouldn't do this if they didn't have a short term plan. Better communication would help but I have a gut feeling it will resolve sooner than later in those situations

Group_44

Outer Banks
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Platinum,80 Triumph TR8, 69 Jag XKE 2+2
Mine went backwards today from 6/23 to 6/22.
It does that...the numbers go all over the place when it's on its way
I can understand the dates going forward or backward after it is built and being shipped, trouble is mine is still "in production" and not close to the build week of 7/12.

Group_44

Outer Banks
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah I'd love to be optimistic there is a whole lot of crazy right now.
Crazy is right, after many years and having bought several new cars, this is the first one I ever special ordered, my timing really sucks.

JerryC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 BII , 2021 BL on order 3-19-21
Well at least it's built and waiting on a chip. That is far better than waiting on a turn in line for assembly. They wouldn't do this if they didn't have a short term plan. Better communication would help but I have a gut feeling it will resolve sooner than later in those situations
I'm always trying to the find the silver lining. In this case, we had unexpected expenses that forced me to pull a big chunk of what I had put away for a down payment. A little delay gives me some time to build it back up. Would I be happier to have it now with a me putting down less? Absolutely.

But... my personal line for backing out is coming close. Pretty soon it will make as much or more sense to order a 2022. At that point I'll have to decide whether to do that, wait for Bronco in a few years or blow off buying new Fords and just getting a BS and a Bronco on the used market years from now.

You're 100% right, better communication would make a big difference. Right now I go between lines of reasoning, Ford is nearly incompetent in passing information to their customers or is deliberately hiding information to prevent us from moving to other automakers.

George G

Badlands
First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco sport
Mine changed this morning from 6/23 to 6/25 then back to 6/23 a couple of minutes later here on the Bronco sport site. The Official Ford site tracking remained the same at 6/23. Just checked again and now it's rolled back to 6/22.
The best news I've heard in a while lets hope it's a trend.

JerryC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 BII , 2021 BL on order 3-19-21
An potentially interesting and/or meaningless tidbit.

When I called Ford CS, the rep I talked with rambled a bit about Ford wasting time and effort on electrics. Essentially saying that Bronco could have been pushed out earlier if Ford had not decided to push the Mach-E as well as the hybrid and all electric F150 to market.

Now I clearly took this to be this persons speculation and not an official Ford position. However it would seem that at least some (or maybe just this one) Ford employees are thinking the way some of their customers are thinking.

Group_44

Outer Banks
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Exactly 5 months later and I’m finally out of the waiting room. His name is Tex and I love him… Well worth the wait though on my drive home the Sync 3 touch screen glitched out and I could only control the radio through my odometer screen - fun! It’s a known issue, but I wasn’t expecting to face it on my first day. Anyways, here he is!
Ford Bronco Sport Waiting room 8E4DAACA-0186-4599-BBB4-698F6C1DC5E7
Good reason to buy the Ford ESP, I had the module for the infotainment screen in my F150 go bad just past the 3 year factory warranty , without the ESP the repair would have cost over $2000.

Laurenrj6486

Outer Banks
First Name
Lauren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Good reason to buy the Ford ESP, I had the module for the infotainment screen in my F150 go bad just past the 3 year factory warranty , without the ESP the repair would have cost over $2000.
Are electronics covered in the bumper to bumper warranty? I bought that which expanded my warranty to 5 years $60,000 miles for $995 - they said it was a special for custom orders only? I dk if that’s Ford or dealer specific
Sponsored