Badlands
First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands (on order)
It's a double-edged sword.

The low humidity in the desert will help with corrosion, but the heat and UV can put a beating on the interior plastics. And desert-stored aircraft apparently attract reptilian critters.
One thing they do when they store aircraft is to block off the windows and use silica gel packs in the cabin areas to absorb trapped moisture.

Sitting on a track in Kentucky this time of year can be risky with hail storms, stray musket balls, and other local Hazards (pun).
It's 100 to 106 degrees in Hermosillo this week and down into the mid to high 90s next week.
You can look up the factory on Google maps...."Ford Hermosillo Stamping & Assembly Plant". Go to Satellite view and you can see they have a pretty big parking lot on the southeast corner of the factory grounds where they stage the cars to be loaded on to the train cars. The lot looks like it can park up to 4,000 cars.
Sponsored

Huntyeraws

Big Bend
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford BS BB
It's 100 to 106 degrees in Hermosillo this week and down into the mid to high 90s next week.
You can look up the factory on Google maps...."Ford Hermosillo Stamping & Assembly Plant". Go to Satellite view and you can see they have a pretty big parking lot on the southeast corner of the factory grounds where they stage the cars to be loaded on to the train cars. The lot looks like it can park up to 4,000 cars.
That is a lot is probably loaded with tons of sand, lizards, and scorpions. :crackup:

GizzardLizard

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
So get this, after my post yesterday I remembered back in March I test drove a BB at a different dealer than I've been working with, and I told them how I'd have one equipped and the saleman told they'd order it for me but if I didn't take it they'd just put it in inventory with no obligation from me. I never did hear back from them and ended up forgetting about it so I had assumed they didn't order it. But last night I decided to email the salesman and ask him about it and lo and behold they did order it and he gave me all the info on it.

It looks like it was just built or in the process and will probably be delivered next month. This is exciting! I'm fairly young so this is only my 2nd new vehicle and the first one I've ordered to my specifications, so I'm really looking forward to this.

Edit: Added pic

Ford Bronco Sport Waiting room Screenshot_20210623-162823_Chrome

Attachments

Last edited:

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Personally...I'd swap the auto start stop chip for the airbag chip...
I would pay more money to get rid of auto start stop...

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
It looks like it was just built or in the process and will probably be delivered next month. This is exciting!
BB with BB Package w/moonroof Area 51. Thats pretty awesome!!

Group_44

Outer Banks
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Platinum,80 Triumph TR8, 69 Jag XKE 2+2
So get this, after my post yesterday I remembered back in March I test drove a BB at a different dealer than I've been working with, and I told them how I'd have one equipped and the saleman told they'd order it for me but if I didn't take it they'd just put it in inventory with no obligation from me. I never did hear back from them and ended up forgetting about it so I had assumed they didn't order it. But last night I decided to email the salesman and ask him about it and lo and behold they did order it and he gave me all the info on it.

It looks like it was just built or in the process and will probably be delivered next month. This is exciting! I'm fairly young so this is only my 2nd new vehicle and the first one I've ordered to my specifications, so I'm really looking forward to this.

Edit: Added pic

C
That one is waiting for the RCM module just like a few others.

Terri Romano

Badlands
First Name
Terri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lincoln
Window sticker date changed by 1 day today and mine is built awaiting The RCM module also.

KCBroncoSport

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 F-150 Lariat, 21 Bronco Sport Badlands
I still have nothing at all in ETIS, unless I'm doing it wrong. It just shows the car and a message that says No Outstanding Service Actions. I might be doing it wrong though, because it shows the same thing for my F-150 which I've had a year.

Ricejenn

Badlands
First Name
Jenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Window sticker date changed by 1 day today and mine is built awaiting The RCM module also.
I wonder if since that’s all we are waiting on and we do have an ETA showing if that means they believe they will be able to complete them and ship them….??

GizzardLizard

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
BB with BB Package w/moonroof Area 51. Thats pretty awesome!!
I'm really happy with this spec. It seems like a good bang for buck, and I absolutely love the Area 51 color.

I'm surprised it's being built with the moonroof after the recent change to no moonroof with BB package, unless thats only for orders being placed now? Personally I would've rather the saved the $700 or so to not get the moonroof (indifferent to having one) but I certainly won't complain if I do end up with it.

Group_44

Outer Banks
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I still have nothing at all in ETIS, unless I'm doing it wrong. It just shows the car and a message that says No Outstanding Service Actions. I might be doing it wrong though, because it shows the same thing for my F-150 which I've had a year.
I've experienced the same situation trying to see my order to this point waiting for it actually start being built, I have been able to access vehicles I found on the Dealer sites

mooredl1

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW, Ford
My BL+BL order was accepted on 2/22 and I haven’t even received a 10/31 delivery date. Where does that leave me? Oh, I know. Up a creek without a paddle.
I do find that interesting, I received my confirmation of order on 3/5. Through the Ford Etis site that is missing a chip. I don't have an ETA. my order is a BL+BL+360+,CMS,+Tow
My BL+BL order was accepted on 2/22 and I haven’t even received a 10/31 delivery date. Where does that leave me? Oh, I know. Up a creek without a paddle.

omahafordowner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex
So you don't get something that looks like this?
If so, you need to select show pti information.
Ford Bronco Sport Waiting room 1624488785519

Group_44

Outer Banks
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)