Waiting room

M3H7363

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick hybrid XLT
I agree on the complexity. I only ask they provide the available data instead of playing I have a secret with the whole thing. My dealership has acted like my order was written on a slip of paper, placed in a bottle, and tossed in the Puget Sound only to have the vehicle magically appear at some indeterminate time in the future. Ford knows where the vehicle is in the process. The dealership knows where it's at in the process. They just aren't keen to share the information. We're not buying Model Ts in the early 20th century. They need to move into the present, as Farley seems intent on doing.
I understand the excitement and anticipation for anyone ordering a vehicle. But when it's all said and done, it doesn't really matter where it is in the process because you ain't getting it until it's at your dealer.
Sponsored

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
I understand the excitement and anticipation for anyone ordering a vehicle. But when it's all said and done, it doesn't really matter where it is in the process because you ain't getting it until it's at your dealer.
I agree, but I would still rather know than not know.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
I call this a tie. You said early on that you obsess, you are correct. As @M3H7363 said, “You ain’t getting it until its at the dealer”. Tie!

M3H7363

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick hybrid XLT
And as you have personally experienced, the communication from Ford and the dealer aren't up to your standards. You know this is the case. At what point do you quit banging your head against the wall wishing for better? Sit back, relax and put your mind on something else. Wouldn't it be a better surprise if you didn't know anything and the dealer called up one day and said your BS was in?

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
If your order is in transit and you check your dealer website you may just be able to see actual pictures. Here's mine.
Wow save those pics to your phone to document this whole journey! I’ll have to keep checking my dealer website. I thought they usually put up even the custom orders as ‘coming soon’ (since like everybody else there’s little to actually show for inventory nowadays) but I haven’t seen many. Thanks for the tip to check!

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Ahhhhh
.that’s not “your” actual Bronco, it’s a computer generated image of a Bronco Sport in your configuration.
Oh darn, here I was getting all pumped that these might be actual photos! Since they weren’t just the usual white background renderings.

Little Wild Boar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Cougar, 2009 Edge Recently Totalled
No tow package, just 360+, CMS, and the Falken tires. I kept it pretty basic and didn't order anything that can be added after the fact (except the tires.)
I just got off of ford Chat .. here is the response

Thank you so much for your patience! Your vehicle is awaiting shipment. The ETA for when it should ship out is June 4 - June 9. With your VIN and order number, you can track your vehicle order at: https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking.

That is a better response than I figured I'd get ..

Reactions: WLK

Little Wild Boar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Little Wild Boar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh darn, here I was getting all pumped that these might be actual photos! Since they weren’t just the usual white background renderings.
Yeah I believe they put the badge sticker on at the dealership... And I think it would be crazy to move the vehicle in that many positions before loading it . They must be taking a week of pictures of mine...

Reactions: MJE

Little Wild Boar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So it looks like they were planning to put mine in the express train ...

Thank you so much for your patience! Your vehicle is awaiting shipment. The ETA for when it should ship out is June 4 - June 9.

There were no express trains last week... The race is still on...

Reactions: WLK

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah I believe they put the badge sticker on at the dealership... And I think it would be crazy to move the vehicle in that many positions before loading it . They must be taking a week of pictures of mine...
The other BS that's headed to my dealership went from the white background to the train background, so now I see how well I was duped by the CG pictures. Good job on that one, Ford.

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just got off of ford Chat .. here is the response

Thank you so much for your patience! Your vehicle is awaiting shipment. The ETA for when it should ship out is June 4 - June 9. With your VIN and order number, you can track your vehicle order at: https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking.

That is a better response than I figured I'd get ..
At least they gave you the ETA. Hopefully it's accurate and you'll get your shipping notification today or tomorrow.

Little Wild Boar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The other BS that's headed to my dealership went from the white background to the train background, so now I see how well I was duped by the CG pictures. Good job on that one, Ford.
And it says your dealership is highly rated ..

WLK

Badlands
First Name
Wendy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
I just happened to be at my dealership yesterday and they had a BS that is a customer order. It was invoiced a month before mine and it showed up this past week. Seems like the estimated delivery times provided should be accurate.

Little Wild Boar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just happened to be at my dealership yesterday and they had a BS that is a customer order. It was invoiced a month before mine and it showed up this past week. Seems like the estimated delivery times provided should be accurate.
Yes.. the train is probably more predictable right now than the final truck hauler run...
Sponsored