Vibration noise accelerating between 15 - 20 mph.

DWG

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge, 2024 Bronco Sport Badlands
I have a new Bronco Badlands that has a metallic noise that sounds like it is coming from under the engine. I hear it mostly in my neighborhood where speed limit is 25 when accelerating from a stop. Also since speed limit is 25 not accelerating hard when I hear it. Main roads around me are 40 - 50 mph. When driving on the main roads with traffic and road noise the metallic noise still happens but not as much or as loud as in my neighborhood and harder to hear. I have also heard the noise when making a turn from a stop as I accelerate in the turn on main roads. At times the noise can be loud but most times it is not that loud but I know it is there because I am attuned to the noise where I can see the technician saying they don't hear it or do not hear anything abnormal. Really trying to avoid repeated trips to the dealer to get them to hear it.

I feel like it's is something metal vibrating underneath for a few seconds as car reaches 20 mph. Also may depend on outside temperature but not sure. I do not feel anything different in how the car drives when the noise happens. Only hear the noise.

Has anyone had a similar noise with their Bronco Sport Badlands that you have noticed? I feel like it is not a normal noise but putting it out there to see if anyone else experiences a similar noise under the engine.

Hoping it is nothing more than some metal vibration/rattle.
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
I have a new Bronco Badlands that has a metallic noise that sounds like it is coming from under the engine. I hear it mostly in my neighborhood where speed limit is 25 when accelerating from a stop. Also since speed limit is 25 not accelerating hard when I hear it. Main roads around me are 40 - 50 mph. When driving on the main roads with traffic and road noise the metallic noise still happens but not as much or as loud as in my neighborhood and harder to hear. I have also heard the noise when making a turn from a stop as I accelerate in the turn on main roads. At times the noise can be loud but most times it is not that loud but I know it is there because I am attuned to the noise where I can see the technician saying they don't hear it or do not hear anything abnormal. Really trying to avoid repeated trips to the dealer to get them to hear it.

I feel like it's is something metal vibrating underneath for a few seconds as car reaches 20 mph. Also may depend on outside temperature but not sure. I do not feel anything different in how the car drives when the noise happens. Only hear the noise.

Has anyone had a similar noise with their Bronco Sport Badlands that you have noticed? I feel like it is not a normal noise but putting it out there to see if anyone else experiences a similar noise under the engine.

Hoping it is nothing more than some metal vibration/rattle.
Hi David! I can look into your Bronco's noise concern on my end. To get started, could you please send a private message over with the name/location of your local Ford dealer and your Bronco's VIN?

OP
OP

DWG

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi David! I can look into your Bronco's noise concern on my end. To get started, could you please send a private message over with the name/location of your local Ford dealer and your Bronco's VIN?
Thank you so much. I sent you a PM (I think). New to this so hopefully you got it.

Jmuns

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BL
Mine has a small rattle or flutter as well. Happens at 17mph. It’s been there since I had the car. 45k miles on it now. I also think I have the manual park cable rattle but I’ve never asked about it at the dealership. I’m about to take it in for the brake moan TSB so maybe I’ll have them look at that as well. Car drives so great I don’t want them tearing it apart to start looking for issues that don’t cause me any issues though.

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
You have a 2024 Bronco Sport Badlands? Shouldn’t be making any noise but if you can record it clearly that will be an edge for you when you take it to the dealership.

OP
OP

DWG

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You have a 2024 Bronco Sport Badlands? Shouldn’t be making any noise but if you can record it clearly that will be an edge for you when you take it to the dealership.
I have been trying trying to record it with my phone everyday. When I catch the noise that I think is loud enough to record and I play back the video I know where on the video it would be but the phone is not really picking the noise up. It sounds like a faint static on the video. Nothing that I can show to the technician. Very frustrating.

OP
OP

DWG

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sounds like reports from others about an issue with manual park release cable.

Check this link.
Thank you. Saved the Link.

Mine has a small rattle or flutter as well. Happens at 17mph. It’s been there since I had the car. 45k miles on it now. I also think I have the manual park cable rattle but I’ve never asked about it at the dealership. I’m about to take it in for the brake moan TSB so maybe I’ll have them look at that as well. Car drives so great I don’t want them tearing it apart to start looking for issues that don’t cause me any issues though.
Yes, I love the way it drives too and I am also afraid that they will tear it apart and find nothing. Does your rattle sound like what I am trying to describe?

Jmuns

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BL
Thank you. Saved the Link.

Yes, I love the way it drives too and I am also afraid that they will tear it apart and find nothing. Does your rattle sound like what I am trying to describe?
Mine only happens at that speed for a split second then it goes away. It’s never there prolonged or at any other speeds. Always at 17mph and then gone.

OP
OP

DWG

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine only happens at that speed for a split second then it goes away. It’s never there prolonged or at any other speeds. Always at 17mph and then gone.
That is exactly how mine is but I have mostly noticed it while accelerating and one time while decelerating but the sound was not loud.

OP
OP

DWG

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have finally been able to record the sound. The sound was very loud in the car but is not that loud in the video. I recorded it while making a right turn out of a WAWA onto the road. When listening to the video start at 6 seconds. The sound comes in at 7 - 8 seconds which is just after halfway into the video. I played it back it is still hard to hear.

Last edited:

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
I thought they resolved all the parking cable issues by using a new part... hmm.

I've always described the noise from that like a slipping bike derailleur. example:

It happens most on mine when the car is shifting to 3rd and decelerating. You have the paddle shifters, you can tap it when you hear a noise and check the gear. It's really hard to hear in your video, but yes, it does sound similar.

There are *bunches* of threads here on similar sounds, bunches of video too.
https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/weird-engine-noise-when-rpm-comes-down.9930/

https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/engine-noise-normal.7226/

Including, our second most epic thread ever:
https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/on-this-episode-of-is-this-noise-normal.2574/

DosJotas

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
I have a BS 2021, and I get a light vibration at 17 mph, almost every time in the mornings. The funny thing about it is that when s took it to the dealer it didn't happen. I went around the block with the supervisor and nothing...

OP
OP

DWG

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am still waiting for service advisor to schedule an appointment to bring it in so I do not know what they will say yet. In the mean time I have been driving it around by the dealer looking for the best place to drive with someone from the dealer so they will hear it. But I am always concerned that the time I drive with someone from the dealer the noise will not happen or it will not be loud enough for them to think anything of it and will consider it normal.

OP
OP

DWG

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Finally was able to get the BS into the dealer. The tech and the Forman heard the noise while lightly accelerating through 15 mph. They than drove a brand new Badlands from the dealer lot and that BS made the same noise in the same driving condition almost immediately. So the noise is "normal" in the sense that it is not just mine. I have a 24 Big Bend as loaner while they have my BS and does not make the noise. For now they are holding onto the BS while they contact Ford to see if there have been any other similar complaints raised to Ford. Other than being an annoyance for now I was assured that it is not hurting anything. If the noise was just a low growl it might be ok but sometimes it gets very loud and when you hear it you would think WTF was that.
Sponsored